PDA

View Full Version : Going to clay bar for the first time

1986stangfan
08-24-2017, 09:07 PM
Hello, I am going to do a full clay bar on my car for the first time. I am looking for tips and tricks, to make sure that I don't do any damage. I am then going to polish and wax the whole car, would also appreciate tips for those steps. I am super picky and am terrified of swirl marks and scratches.

Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen06GT
08-24-2017, 09:27 PM
If you drop the clay bar, toss it. Other than that, was the car thoroughly before claying and make sure to keep the surface wet with either spray detailer or soapy water. When done claying wash and dry the car again and you're done.

1986stangfan
08-24-2017, 09:52 PM
If you drop the clay bar, toss it. Other than that, was the car thoroughly before claying and make sure to keep the surface wet with either spray detailer or soapy water. When done claying wash and dry the car again and you're done.

Thanks, I'm super nervous.

Stephen06GT
08-24-2017, 10:29 PM
Practice on a daily driver first.

allicedout
08-25-2017, 07:22 AM
Thanks, I'm super nervous.

Don't be nervous, like Stephen said don't drop the clay bar and keep the surface well lubricated. I always use a detailing spray to keep it wet and lubricated, its what the kits you buy buy from Canadian Tire and other places will come with. And don't be nervous, your not sanding the paint or anything, just removing dirt. Good luck and have fun!

1986stangfan
08-25-2017, 10:02 PM
It turned out amazing!!!! I spent 4 hours doing clay bar, pre wax cleaner and polishing the car by hand today. I still want to polish a little more and then do a couple of good coats of wax.