PDA

View Full Version : Things i don't like about my 2017 ram 1500

N89
11-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Kind of bored at work so i decided to make a list about things i don't like about my Ram.
So I traded my 2013 F150 Lariat for a White 2017 ram 1500 Laramie with the Hemi engine, I like a lot of things about this truck but there are some things that bother me.
Don't get me wrong this is an awesome truck but it does have a few shortcomings in my opinion.

Rant #1- I feel like I am seating too high compared with the F150, like the seats on the Ram don't lower enough, i just can't get comfortable in it.
Rant #2- The gas cap, why is there a gas cap , ford stopped using them back in 2010 I think.
Rant #3- My Ram is very noisy inside, sometimes I think they forgot to install the soundproofing in it.
Rant #4- Ride quality is rough compared to my F150
Rant #4- Brakes are already pulsating, I do drive it hard but it shouldn't be happening at 12,000 Km's
Rant #5- When coasting I get some gear lash on downshifts, took it to the dealer and they say its normal, I guess I have to wait to see if it gets worse.

ZR
11-02-2017, 03:17 PM
Only things I've noticed / fell short

-mirrors, can't see objects right down beside the truck, convex helped but not much.
-yup, from the fussiest prick on the face of the earth, thats it.

Ghost Rider
11-02-2017, 03:19 PM
Mine is extremely quiet inside...of course anything is quiet to me compared to either of my Mustangs so... LOL

although with that being said, I took a friend down to Newmarket lastnight to pick his car up at the dealer and he actually said "wow, I can't believe how quiet this thing is" so I don't know maybe they did screw up your weather stripping or something? Maybe the new 2017's are built piss poor? Dunno, mines a '15 and don't have any of those problems...

And the ride quality is way better than my Friends F150...now with that being said his is just a base model and mine a foot and a half longer being crew cab with long box so maybe that has something to do with it?

Sorry to hear you don't like it man...I absolutely love mine!!

and I'm not sure what gear lash is...so I don't have a comment for that one LOL

RedSN
11-02-2017, 03:23 PM
...of course anything is quiet to me compared to either of my Mustangs so... LOL
http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=777&d=1399297921

Armen
11-02-2017, 03:23 PM
I find my F150 rides a bit too rough for my liking. I think it's the FX4 option and how the suspension is tuned. My 2015 was noticeably easier on the bumps in the road.

N89
11-02-2017, 03:40 PM
Don't take this thread the wrong way please, I love the truck, not regretting the purchase at all, this are just a few small things I noticed. Trust me the list of things I like about it would be huge compared to the things I don't like.

ZR
11-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Fair enough.

ZR
11-02-2017, 03:41 PM
I should add, Ross hates how far it goes between fuel stops, no more large drinks he says.

N89
11-02-2017, 03:45 PM
I should add, Ross hates how far it goes between fuel stops, no more large drinks he says.

Lol, yep fuel savings would be #1 on my list, it costs me about $110 to fill up compared to my F150 at $150.

Ghost Rider
11-02-2017, 03:46 PM
^^^any pics of it, what colour did you get?

N89
11-02-2017, 03:59 PM
^^^any pics of it, what colour did you get?

Its pearl white with the Black interior, I bought it back in May. I've tinted the front windows and installed a front level kit on it since this pictures were taken.

N89
11-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Only things I've noticed / fell short

-mirrors, can't see objects right down beside the truck, convex helped but not much.
-yup, from the fussiest prick on the face of the earth, thats it.

Mine came with the huge blind spot mirrors built in, at first I didn't like them but now I got used to them.

pic from the web but you get the idea.

ZR
11-02-2017, 04:09 PM
^ Yes part of the tow mirrors.

03svt
11-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Lol, yep fuel savings would be #1 on my list, it costs me about $110 to fill up compared to my F150 at $150.

Smaller tank in the ram isn't really savings ;) just means you stop more often.

What's your L per/100k?

Ghost Rider
11-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Its pearl white with the Black interior, I bought it back in May. I've tinted the front windows and installed a front level kit on it since this pictures were taken.

sweet

N89
11-02-2017, 04:12 PM

What's your L per/100k?

To be honest I don't know, but I like not having to give the gas attendant $150 every time i fill up, even if I have to do it more often.

ZR
11-02-2017, 04:15 PM
Best mines seen thus far, 10.3 ltr/100km.

Armen
11-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Best mines seen thus far, 10.3 ltr/100km.

But what does the average say right now when you get in and start it up to go about your daily routine?

Armen
11-02-2017, 04:25 PM
To be honest I don't know, but I like not having to give the gas attendant $150 every time i fill up, even if I have to do it more often.

Assuming you have the 121L tank in yours... F150's is 136L. So if fuel is 1.20/L, then that's about an $18. difference. And on your tank from empty at 1.20/L, that's $145.

Ghost Rider
11-02-2017, 04:29 PM

What's your L per/100k?

How big is the Ford Tank...I thought mine took a long time to fill up at 121 Litres LOL

I'm about 12.6/100

ZR
11-02-2017, 04:30 PM
Had filled up day or two before Joe's customer appreciation, checked as I was pulling into the parking lot, average was 10.3. Only stuck out because it was so low, there really is no normal for me. If it's hot, hit auto start n let the AC n cooled seats run for at least one cycle, then do my 10 minute run to grab whatever and back again which of course see's it rise considerably into the mid 14's (or higher if I try hard enough). When pulling the trailer / Mustang to the Soo two weeks ago, average on way up, hair over 16, way back hair over 15.
I'm sure non of us bought pickup trucks for mileage but it's a bonus all the new ones are dramatically better vs even the recent past.

Ghost Rider
11-02-2017, 04:31 PM
Assuming you have the 121L tank in yours... F150's is 136L. So if fuel is 1.20/L, then that's about an $18. difference. And on your tank from empty at 1.20/L, that's $145.

Most Rams are 98L tanks, 121 was an option

ZR
11-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Mine also has large tank. To avoid gas pump shock, tend to only run down to approx 1/2 tank before filling.

Armen
11-02-2017, 04:43 PM
Had filled up day or two before Joe's customer appreciation, checked as I was pulling into the parking lot, average was 10.3. Only stuck out because it was so low, there really is no normal for me. If it's hot, hit auto start n let the AC n cooled seats run for at least one cycle, then do my 10 minute run to grab whatever and back again which of course see's it rise considerably into the mid 14's (or higher if I try hard enough). When pulling the trailer / Mustang to the Soo two weeks ago, average on way up, hair over 16, way back hair over 15.
I'm sure non of us bought pickup trucks for mileage but it's a bonus all the new ones are dramatically better vs even the recent past.

But doesn't your truck settle on an avg over time and doesn't stray off that too far during your daily routine?

Ghost Rider
11-02-2017, 04:45 PM
But doesn't your truck settle on an avg over time and doesn't stray off that too far during your daily routine?

I reset my average everytime I fill up so I can compare...

N89
11-02-2017, 04:46 PM

I think it's a 26 gallon (98L+\-), from empty with the gas light warning it takes about $110 to fill up depending on gas prices of course.
On my way home I averaged 14.2 L/100 km

Ghost Rider
11-02-2017, 04:51 PM
East Bound and Down!!

Gotta love that Cluster!! She's a Beaut!!

Armen
11-02-2017, 05:03 PM
I think it's a 26 gallon (98L+\-), from empty with the gas light warning it takes about $110 to fill up depending on gas prices of course.
On my way home I averaged 14.2 L/100 km

Did you reset your fuel economy prior to leaving the gas station or was that just since the last time whenever you may have reset it?

N89
11-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Did you reset your fuel economy prior to leaving the gas station or was that just since the last time whenever you may have reset it?

Since the last time i reset it, not sure when.

N89
11-02-2017, 05:44 PM
East Bound and Down!!

Gotta love that Cluster!! She's a Beaut!!

Yep, one of the things on the list of things I like about the truck.

N89
11-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Mine also has large tank. To avoid gas pump shock, tend to only run down to approx 1/2 tank before filling.

There is no way for me to avoid gas pump shock, my truck is 5.5 months old and I have about 30,000 km on it, I get shocked about twice a week sometimes.

ZR
11-02-2017, 05:56 PM
Lotz of driving.

Armen
11-02-2017, 05:59 PM
Since the last time i reset it, not sure when.

Good, that's what I was looking for. So in your routine driving of the truck, you avg about 14.2L/100km.

That overall, longer term average is what people should be comparing, imo, if they wish to make any comparisons at all. And obviously that average will be dependent upon your driving style, terrain, wheel/tire combo, city/hwy, etc.

I've been off for the last 5 days. My economy has gone down because I've been driving more around town as opposed to my regular highway commute. It normally reads 13.2 or slightly lower. It's now at 13.3L/100. I haven't reset this for about 1 month.

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9930&d=1509659839

N89
11-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Good, that's what I was looking for. So in your routine driving of the truck, you avg about 14.2L/100km.

That overall, longer term average is what people should be comparing, imo, if they wish to make any comparisons at all. And obviously that average will be dependent upon your driving style, terrain, wheel/tire combo, city/hwy, etc.

I've been off for the last 5 days. My economy has gone down because I've been driving more around town as opposed to my regular highway commute. It normally reads 13.2 or slightly lower. It's now at 13.3L/100. I haven't reset this for about 1 month.

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9930&d=1509659839

13.2 is really good compared to mine, most of my driving is Hwy but i do drive the truck hard most of the time. I think I could get close to your mpa if I took it easy

Ghost Rider
11-02-2017, 06:08 PM
^^^I don't think resetting your fuel mileage counter each time you fill up or once a month should have any effect on your trucks overall fuel mileage...

Armen
11-02-2017, 06:23 PM
13.2 is really good compared to mine, most of my driving is Hwy but i do drive the truck hard most of the time. I think I could get close to your mpa if I took it easy

I don't hypermile (ask some of the guys here, I used to like to see how far I could go on a tank based on my driving habits), but I don't drive too hard either. I'm fairly easy off the lights and do about 20 over in the 80 and 100 limits. I generally stick to the limit around town tho.

^^^I don't think resetting your fuel mileage counter each time you fill up or once a month should have any effect on your trucks overall fuel mileage...

If you're filling up every two weeks, maybe no. But if you're filling up once a week, the end average after that one week might not completely reflect your driving habits or commuting routine. Like, if I were to have just worked all this past week and done all my driving on the highway, my avg would quite likely be a few points lower. But mix in days off, days on, some highway and some city, it would be a more accurate reflection of my actual real world fuel economy.

The supercab 4x4 2.7L Turbo F150 I had just over a year ago did high 11's, low 12's on avg. It was peppy as hell too when I put my foot into it. That was a great motor.

Ghost Rider
11-02-2017, 06:41 PM
^ I just mean, say you drive for a month straight and filled up 5 times and you didn't reset and you ended up with 13/100

take that exact same month and you reset the calculator everytime you fueled up, your still going to end up with 13/100

Resetting the counter had nothing to do with your driving habits or what mileage the vehicle got...does this make sense, or only in my head?

and I get really good fuel mileage but I also drive like a little bitch most of the time LMAO

Although I will say, it's fun to open the taps getting on the hwy sometimes...I'm impressed with how fast these trucks actually are!!

Armen
11-02-2017, 06:52 PM
^ I just mean, say you drive for a month straight and filled up 5 times and you didn't reset and you ended up with 13/100

take that exact same month and you reset the calculator everytime you fueled up, your still going to end up with 13/100

Resetting the counter had nothing to do with your driving habits or what mileage the vehicle got...does this make sense, or only in my head?

I don't know. My head hurts. You Dodge guys...

Ghost Rider
11-02-2017, 07:05 PM
LOL

RedSN
11-03-2017, 09:59 AM
I don't know. My head hurts. You Dodge guys...
GR's complicated way of saying: the number on the dash is irrelevant.

IMO, the only relevant measure of a vehicle's mileage is highway on a long trip. City or mixed driving is WAY to dependent on multiple factors that will affect mileage.

ZR
11-03-2017, 10:04 AM
^ On the same page Don.

55 HD
11-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Thanks Rick & Don.........now I can say in my 2015 Dodge Ram 5.7 regular cab short box I often travel the HWY getting 10.4 per 100

Armen
11-03-2017, 02:47 PM
GR's complicated way of saying: the number on the dash is irrelevant.

IMO, the only relevant measure of a vehicle's mileage is highway on a long trip. City or mixed driving is WAY to dependent on multiple factors that will affect mileage.

If the avg economy number stays relatively stable, of course it’s relevant. That’s your avg. The number you can achieve on the hwy under the best possible conditions is the one that’s irrelevant because it’s not a reflection of your real world fuel consumption. Might as well just use the EPA highway figures then.

Ghost Rider
11-03-2017, 03:23 PM
I was just saying that no matter how frequent you reset your button, once a year, or once a minute, it has no effect on your overall average over time...unless your reset button adds or takes away weight in your truck lol

I think Don is saying that it can depend on something like where you live

Guy one says he gets shit fuel mileage but he lives in an area with a million stop lights, lots of traffic and no Taco Bell

Guy two lives near the hwy and in an area where is small town as 2 sets of stop lights and does have a Taco Bell

Sometimes it's not comparing apples to apples kinda thing...

Armen
11-03-2017, 03:40 PM
I think Don is saying that it can depend on something like where you live

Guy one says he gets shit fuel mileage but he lives in an area with a million stop lights, lots of traffic and no Taco Bell

Guy two lives near the hwy and in an area where is small town as 2 sets of stop lights and does have a Taco Bell

Sometimes it's not comparing apples to apples kinda thing...

This I agree with. And that's why I tried to characterize my driving habits and mentioned that there are several factors at play incl tire/wheel combo, terrain, weather conditions, etc. And that's also why if people are trying to maximize their fuel economy, they should try to control the only thing they really can, which would be driving style/habits.

But I still stand by that the AVG display is the one that counts because you're not filling up based on a 10.whatever figure that you happen to see on the highway one day. You're filling up on your AVG or 'combined'. And this is why the EPA includes the combined figure in their estimates. It's far more realistic.

Laffs
11-03-2017, 04:33 PM
Only thinks I hate about my Ram are the goddamn sunroof rattles no one can seem to fix, the hot garbage stock tires that come on it, and the fact the leather quality is ehhhhh and my 16 seats with 18k kms on them are already showing more wear than I'd like at this point.

When I was test driving trucks I hated the ride of the aluminum F-series trucks, loved how smooth the Ram 1500 was, is your concerns related to the leveling kit perhaps? I know a lot of people with the 13+ trucks are saying they get a lot more firm once you put a spacer puck in them. I have bilsteins on my workbench to go in the new truck but am honestly considering going full retard and ordering an 18 Power Wagon in White.

Ghost Rider
11-03-2017, 05:11 PM
^^^I have no rattles with my sunroof, however that being said, I rarely use to be honest, so maybe whatever rattles hasn't loosened up yet...

and I have no issues with the stock tires, however I've been told it's cause the upgraded rear end and the wider wheel base of the longer truck that helps?

Ponyryd
11-03-2017, 07:11 PM
Never seen a rattle with the sunroofs, nor have I had issues with the tires. The stock wranglers seem to be good for 40-60k, which is pretty good for a truck imo. If there's a problem, and the truck is under warranty, it should be fixed free of charge, period. Maybe you should try a different dealer (not saying I want to tackle it, lol).

ZR
11-03-2017, 08:07 PM
I also read so many outright bashing the stock tires n removing immediately after purchase, have driven in some pretty shitty weather and while they aren't a super premium tire, not so bad for stock.

ZR
11-03-2017, 08:13 PM
Thinking some feeling stock tires are worse vs what they really are is because unlike GM, they are not aggressive in their off the line torque management. Add to that the Hemi makes big torque down low, easy to mistake poor tires for poor right foot control. I was a bit surprised Limited slip / posi is not a super common option in Ram trucks. Got spoiled with my last GM having an Eaton trutrack as part of the All Terrain option. While it worked fantastic, they did not properly address excessive axle end play which saw a fair bit of clunking in the rear at slow speeds either turning or uneven pavement.
While the Hemi has always made good h/p n torque it was not until this gen truck where Ram was able to achieve equally as impressive fuel mileage. No doubt 8spd is a big part of it.
While I did physically look at trucks from each of the big three, after driving my brothers 14 and riding in Dave's truck I was pretty much sold on a Ram. As a hard die GM truck guy virtually forever, speaks volumes.
Thats not to mean the others aren't good rides, just not the ride for me.

Intmdtr
11-03-2017, 08:55 PM
I love my ram, my monthly fuel average is at 12.2/100 but lots of city driving this week, average since I bought the truck is 11.3/100. My truck is super quiet inside. I have the large tank and the 3.21 rear gears. I can get between 850-900km's per tank on average.

Ghost Rider
11-03-2017, 09:42 PM
This is with 35,000km since reset, this Includes 10,419km towing (second pic), including pulling my Brother's Mustang from here to Edmonton and back with the Empty trailer and probably 85%-90% in town driving

Ponyryd
11-03-2017, 10:17 PM
Thinking some feeling stock tires are worse vs what they really are is because unlike GM, they are not aggressive in their off the line torque management. Add to that the Hemi makes big torque down low, easy to mistake poor tires for poor right foot control. I was a bit surprised Limited slip / posi is not a super common option in Ram trucks.

My thoughts as well, GM/Ford V8s don't make the low-end torque a Hemi does. Of course, I'm not saying the stock Goodyears are a great tire, but overall they seem pretty good from what I've seen, quiet too. I really liked when we had a Hemi ram for a loaner, I would take it to Toronto for training whenever I has the chance, amazing ride, super comfy and it was loaded, the options are great.

To the O.P., I believe the warranty for rotors warping/noisy brakes is 1 year/20km, seems too late for that now, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

Ghost Rider
11-06-2017, 12:08 AM
This is with 35,000km since reset, this Includes 10,419km towing (second pic), including pulling my Brother's Mustang from here to Edmonton and back with the Empty trailer and probably 85%-90% in town driving

Forgot to mention, 25,000 or so of those km's where in manual mode so the cylinder deactivation was well...deactivated LOL now that I have it activated it surprisingly does made a significant difference

N89
11-06-2017, 09:50 AM
Not sure how some of you guys are getting such good gas mileage out of your trucks, my average is about 14.6L/100.
Over the weekend I drove it really easy and the best I could do is 13.4, this was mostly HWY driving.

N89
11-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Only thinks I hate about my Ram are the goddamn sunroof rattles no one can seem to fix, the hot garbage stock tires that come on it, and the fact the leather quality is ehhhhh and my 16 seats with 18k kms on them are already showing more wear than I'd like at this point.

When I was test driving trucks I hated the ride of the aluminum F-series trucks, loved how smooth the Ram 1500 was, is your concerns related to the leveling kit perhaps? I know a lot of people with the 13+ trucks are saying they get a lot more firm once you put a spacer puck in them. I have bilsteins on my workbench to go in the new truck but am honestly considering going full retard and ordering an 18 Power Wagon in White.

I installed the leveling kit the same week I bought the truck so maybe it is something to do with the leveling kit.
To be fair I was comparing the 17 Ram to my 13 F150 non aluminum body, and in my opinion Ford did a really good job with those trucks both on fit finish and ride quality.
I haven't tried the new F150's with the aluminum body so I don't know how they ride, but my neighbor just traded his older F150 for a 2017 F150 and he is very happy with it so far.

Ghost Rider
11-06-2017, 01:10 PM
Not sure how some of you guys are getting such good gas mileage out of your trucks, my average is about 14.6L/100.
Over the weekend I drove it really easy and the best I could do is 13.4, this was mostly HWY driving.

Do you drive with the cylinder deactivation off? Cause this will make a difference

I used to think, meh, I doubt it even does anything, or would make it even worse on fuel only using 4 cylinders or 6 or however many it cuts out, but when I started using it, it dropped my L/100 down almost an full point

Laffs
11-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Do you drive with the cylinder deactivation off? Cause this will make a difference

I used to think, meh, I doubt it even does anything, or would make it even worse on fuel only using 4 cylinders or 6 or however many it cuts out, but when I started using it, it dropped my L/100 down almost an full point

Leveling kits and even moderately oversized or more aggressive tires CRUSH your MPG. Leveling kit alone on my 07 Ram knocked off 1-2mpg highway mpg.

Ponyryd
11-09-2017, 08:08 AM
^Lower it. Better fuel mileage, looks, handling, plus you can get into it easier.

ZR
11-09-2017, 08:22 AM
Rake on my GM, to me, looked Ronny Redneck, current Ram is close enough for my liking as is. Besides, as mentioned previously, felt ride of the Bilstein leveling shocks had deteriorated significantly (run at max lift) n had I kept the Sierra would have been taking them back out.

N89
11-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Rake on my GM, to me, looked Ronny Redneck, current Ram is close enough for my liking as is. Besides, as mentioned previously, felt ride of the Bilstein leveling shocks had deteriorated significantly (run at max lift) n had I kept the Sierra would have been taking them back out.

I think I may remove the leveling kit and see if the ride improves, better fuel mileage would be a bonus but I didn't buy if for the fuel economy so no big deal there.

ZR
11-09-2017, 08:35 AM
How did you make out with the oil smell?
What means did you use to bring the front up?

ZR
11-09-2017, 08:37 AM
I think I may remove the leveling kit and see if the ride improves, better fuel mileage would be a bonus but I didn't buy if for the fuel economy so no big deal there.

Another thought, Dave's in Keswick, maybe hook up with him to compare ride of yours vs stock? Ever down Scarberia way, happy to do the same or even run round the block next Wing Night.

ZR
11-09-2017, 08:38 AM
I love my Ram, I love my truck, I drive it everywhere, I have more fun that anyone just driving here and there..................someone should make that into a jingle, bet it would catch on.

N89
11-09-2017, 09:08 AM

I may remove the leveling kit and see if the ride improves, it was installed right after I bought the truck so I didn't really drive it much without it installed, hopefully the ride improves a bit.

Sorry double post.

N89
11-09-2017, 09:10 AM
I love my Ram, I love my truck, I drive it everywhere, I have more fun that anyone just driving here and there..................someone should make that into a jingle, bet it would catch on.

Lol.

N89
11-09-2017, 09:15 AM
How did you make out with the oil smell?
What means did you use to bring the front up?

Happy to say the oil smell is gone.
To raise the truck i used a 2" front leveling kit, similar to this.

Laffs
11-09-2017, 09:41 AM
^Lower it. Better fuel mileage, looks, handling, plus you can get into it easier.

Been there and got the photos to prove it.

Ponyryd
11-10-2017, 12:17 AM
^When you have 1 ton of shizzle in the bed that’s doesn’t mean the truck is lowered.

Happy to say the oil smell is gone.
To raise the truck i used a 2" front leveling kit, similar to this.

Those kits are hard on upper ball joints and front halfshafts, the increased height changes the working angle of the suspension, you will not get warranty on axle shafts or suspension parts with a leveling kit installed.....ask me how I know. Good call on removing them, just make sure to get an alignment after.

Clutt gt
11-11-2017, 08:15 AM
So just to throw in a GMC to the mileage mix.
2016 GMC Sierra All Terrain 4x4 ext cab 6' box, 5.3v8, 6spd, 3.08 rear end,
40,000km
Average since new 17.5L/ 100km ( I do tow 5500 lb cargo trailer on regular basis)
Best 100km average 10.2L/ 100km
This week my 100km average 30.2L/ 100km ( it hates towing on the hwy 401 with these gears) yes 105km/hr

Love the truck overall
Hate the gear ratio, I should have made sure I bought with 3.73 not 3.08
Hate the condition of my white painted front bumper after one year, I should have wrapped in clear

ZR
11-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Hard to imagine they even offer that gear in anything beyond a 2wd half ton. Buddy ran into same issue in his previous Sierra when he assumed tow package meant rear end gear to match. Based on how well my 2011 Sierra (342) would out tow vs my '03 with 373's, it's not always about the ratio but instead how much low / mid torque your engine makes. My current Ram with 321 will out tow the '11 by a substantial margin while using dramatically less fuel. Doesn't make my previous truck a dud, just new one does what I need better.

Clutt gt
11-11-2017, 08:58 AM
I hear ya. I'm just going by the difference between my 13 with 5.3 and my 16 with 5.3, both had the 6spd.
Very close to the same truck only difference was gear.
Don't get me wrong it's great with the trailer in town, and it's incredible with out the trailer.
But the trailer over 90km hr is like a big ass parachute. The trailer is a tandem axle 14' 7wide 7tall weighing in at 5000lbs average day.
My average in overall ownership is very close to my 2013. Better when not towing but pretty crappy when you have to tow distance.

ZR
11-11-2017, 09:05 AM
That is a good chunk of wt that only feels heavier because of the big frontal area n drag.

ZR
11-13-2017, 10:15 PM
Tire monitor showing issue with front PSI.
Going above what the door sticker suggests / what worked fine in the warmer weather, has the light back off but annoying I need to run more air vs what I'd like / spec shows to keep light out in the cooler weather.

Intmdtr
11-14-2017, 04:18 PM
A friend just bought anew Ram and is looking for box cover options. Is there a car or rv show coming up where a bunch of venders will be showing their wares?

What kind of box cover? Hard, soft, trifold, cap, roll up?

Intmdtr
11-14-2017, 04:19 PM
Tire monitor showing issue with front PSI.
Going above what the door sticker suggests / what worked fine in the warmer weather, has the light back off but annoying I need to run more air vs what I'd like / spec shows to keep light out in the cooler weather.

No issues here yet, but had problems with front sensors giving warning during cold weather....and nothing was in the way.

hsousa88
11-14-2017, 05:07 PM
No issues here yet, but had problems with front sensors giving warning during cold weather....and nothing was in the way.

Did it go away?

ZR
11-14-2017, 05:10 PM
Oddly enough, it was only fronts on mine as well, requires well over spec to see the light go out. Even odder, rears are both well below the fronts but no flashing light on them...............strange.

Ghost Rider
11-14-2017, 05:21 PM
my pressure sensor came on a little while back...

ZR
11-14-2017, 05:22 PM
It was only flat on the bottom though Dave.

Intmdtr
11-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Did it go away?

Once it warmed up yes it stopped

Ponyryd
11-14-2017, 08:03 PM
A friend just bought anew Ram and is looking for box cover options. Is there a car or rv show coming up where a bunch of venders will be showing their wares?

FYI if he gets one from the dealer and has it installed there it will carry the same 3yr warranty as the truck.

True Blue
11-14-2017, 10:02 PM

I lowered my 4x4 Dakota about 12yrs ago and people called me crazy. Until I pointed out the benefits (to me) in going that route.

ZR
11-15-2017, 07:54 AM
^ In hindsight, wish I'd lowered rear of my GMC vs front leveling kit I'd installed.

Laffs
11-16-2017, 10:07 AM
^When you have 1 ton of shizzle in the bed that’s doesn’t mean the truck is lowered.

I had drop shackles/spring in the 2006....

Laffs
11-16-2017, 10:08 AM
FYI if he gets one from the dealer and has it installed there it will carry the same 3yr warranty as the truck.

Also the Mopar folding hard cover is a great cover, love mine. Way better than the roll up cover I had on the older trucks.