PDA

View Full Version : HD Speed and HD Poxy

Laffs
02-26-2018, 04:40 PM
Anyone ever tried this combo? Looking for a decent AIO and Sealant for the Ram since it's only got minor swirls and also because the idea of a 3 step on a vehicle the size of a barn hurts my soul. Lots of good chatter in the FB groups on this one, but never seen it in person or knew a user.

Styrofoam04
02-26-2018, 04:59 PM
I just bought HDspeed in Nov. cant wait to use it! If you want to go for a drive, we can test my bottle on your car first?

Laffs
02-26-2018, 05:10 PM
Appreciate the offer but may cost a bit too much in gas to make it worthwhile for me lol. Post up your review when you do get to use it though!

NickD
02-26-2018, 09:15 PM
I have, love Speed cuts fast finished very well, can tell it leaves behind some protection, poxy is THICK, spread it thin and it comes off easy.
I've been loving 3D/HD products for a couple years now

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mustang4
02-26-2018, 10:21 PM
I have, love Speed cuts fast finished very well, can tell it leaves behind some protection, poxy is THICK, spread it thin and it comes off easy.
I've been loving 3D/HD products for a couple years now

I've used them both as well and really like the 3D/HD products. Easy to work with and give great results.

Laffs
02-27-2018, 09:47 AM
Thanks! Going to order them and a fresh white and black pad for the DA and try it in the spring.

Styrofoam04
02-27-2018, 09:59 AM
Appreciate the offer but may cost a bit too much in gas to make it worthwhile for me lol. Post up your review when you do get to use it though!

Np, I'll find another car to practice on lol

NickD
02-27-2018, 11:59 AM
What color is the car and what pads and DA?

Laffs
02-27-2018, 02:36 PM
You asking me?

Its the standard PC 7424XP. Usually I order LC 5.5 Orange, White and Black pads to test. Assuming an AIO would be best with an Orange or White depending on the defects to be corrected, Poxy would be applied with the black or perhaps one of my red wax pads.

jibbijib
02-28-2018, 09:03 PM
Dodge paint is super soft and easy to cut and polish (cuz American paint is pretty garbage) so really, you can get away with a pass with only HD Speed on a yellow pad. It has waxes and sealants in it.

If you have deeper scratches, a cut would work with an orange pad, but honestly it takes so little to get these things shiny.

Then, after, polish it with rocks.

BAB CObra
03-01-2018, 08:43 AM
Laffs i have some at my house you can try out.. works great man.

Toxix
03-06-2018, 12:43 PM
Wish I had seen this a bit earlier.
Some feedback on HD Speed and Poxy combo.

HD Speed is a solid AIO (All in one) product that offers a good amount of cut and leaves behind a little bit of protection.
Topping Speed with Poxy allows you to significantly extend that protection too (added months of protection)
Now I'm not the biggest fan of application with concerning Poxy. I actually returned the bottle.

Since I'm detailing in volume I needed something that was a bit more user friendly. I found Poxy to be quite thick and also to be quite the task to buff off.

Now my comparison may not be relevant to you because I've been spoiled by sealants like Menzerna Powerlock, Ultima Paint Guard Plus and Optimum Optiseal which I find give you the same end results with less time and effort to remove the product.

I think you'll be quite happy with the results.

Laffs
03-06-2018, 03:12 PM
Would you recommend mixing (topping) the Speed AIO with one of the sealants you mentioned?

Toxix
03-06-2018, 03:26 PM
Would you recommend mixing (topping) the Speed AIO with one of the sealants you mentioned?

I like to keep it "all in the family" meaning, keeping sealants, waxes, polishes within the same brand.
Now it may not mean so much with compounding and polishing but in my personal professional opinion I have found that products just seem to work better, last longer and live up to manufacturers claims when kept within the same brand.

I've used HD Speed with Poxy, I've used HD Speed with Powerlock and got the same, good old results I was used to.
But if you intend on applying sealant, waxing or Ceramic Coating the vehicle after a polish I don't suggest using an AIO. Something comparable would be a finishing polish. 3D AAT 502 for example, no fillers, no waxes or sealants. 502 followed by an IPA wipe down + wax and sealant will yield some amazing results.

Laffs
03-06-2018, 03:39 PM
I just want to correct or minimize the minor defects (dealer swirls, love marks) on my new truck and protect it, without spending 4 days behind the machine correcting and applying products.

Toxix
03-06-2018, 03:44 PM
I just want to correct or minimize the minor defects (dealer swirls, love marks) on my new truck and protect it, without spending 4 days behind the machine correcting and applying products.

As long as they are minor and very light scratches AKA DISO (Dealer installed swirl option) I think you'll be fine. If you have purchased HD Speed already and Poxy then you might as well use it, it still is a good combo but I've found durability to be good for maybe 3 or 4 months on a daily driven, parked outside vehicle.

If you're starting fresh and looking for product recommendations I don't think you can go wrong with polishing with the Menzerna SF line and then sealing with Menzerna Powerlock. Looking for extra protection? Top Powerlock with Colorlock and you'll be good for a while.

Steps:
Wash -> Clay -> Iron X -> Wash -> Tape up -> Polish -> IPA Wipedown (Remove polish oils, silicones, etc) -> Menzerna Powerlock -> Menzerna Colorlock

If you want to be carefree for a few years in terms of finish, maintenance and protection go with a Ceramic Coating. On my 17' Explorer Sport I have it Ceramic Coated with Feynlabs Ceramic which is a 3 Year Coating. On my 17 Corvette Grand Sport I have it Ceramic Coated with Feynlabs Ceramic Plus which is a 5 Year Coating.

Laffs
03-06-2018, 03:49 PM
I'd love to do a coating but the cost of entry is a bit steep at this time. Thanks for the reco, I've used Menzerna on the Mustang before, will have to investigate more as I'm not ordering until its warm enough out to warrant doing.