PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Coating

CON VERT
03-01-2019, 11:52 AM
OK, here we go , had the car done last year, sorry Elton, but your just too far away buddy , looks good and am happy with the results , but u still need to clean & polish etc, tree sap , etc, I have found that detailer mists etc, are not all that great, some even being a little streaky etc, I found this product on the net & was wonder if anyone has used it on Ceramic Coating etc and what were ur results, or does anyone know of a good products to use on CC cars ! of course I am extremely lazy, so easier on & off would be the best, Elton, please chime in if your have some stuff u know !

Thanks Everyone , G>
https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/waxing-and-glazing/adam-s-new-ceramic-boost-2-0-16oz-kit.html

55 HD
03-01-2019, 05:56 PM
I heard peanut butter works an a lot of things. But I would trust Elton would suggest something else.

Been a long day Glen.

CON VERT
03-01-2019, 06:03 PM
So does Coconut Oil Larry, LOL,

U been choppin wood ?

WTF
03-01-2019, 06:05 PM
OK, here we go , had the car done last year, sorry Elton, but your just too far away buddy , looks good and am happy with the results , but u still need to clean & polish etc, tree sap , etc, I have found that detailer mists etc, are not all that great, some even being a little streaky etc, I found this product on the net & was wonder if anyone has used it on Ceramic Coating etc and what were ur results, or does anyone know of a good products to use on CC cars ! of course I am extremely lazy, so easier on & off would be the best, Elton, please chime in if your have some stuff u know !

Thanks Everyone , G>
https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/waxing-and-glazing/adam-s-new-ceramic-boost-2-0-16oz-kit.html

have you tried Poor Boys Spray and Wipe?

https://www.amazon.ca/Poorboys-World-Spray-Wipe-Waterless/dp/B0002UQAK2

I use the stuff on the paint, polished aluminum, chrome and glass.....and I even use it on the cook-top in the kitchen

CON VERT
03-01-2019, 06:17 PM
Not yet Tim, been using a bunch of Chemical Guys stuff, they opened a store Pickering , their products are just not up to snuff ! but using any kind of detailer so far has been fruitless ! but for $14 bucks its worth a try, Thanks, G>

WTF
03-01-2019, 06:40 PM
Not yet Tim, been using a bunch of Chemical Guys stuff, they opened a store Pickering , their products are just not up to snuff ! but using any kind of detailer so far has been fruitless ! but for $14 bucks its worth a try, Thanks, G>

I've been using the stuff for years....I usually do a 12 bottle order from eshine and it lasts a while

I kid you not....I use it on my cooktop in the kitchen....the stuff would get rid of bird shit on hot paint with ease.....and then one day I've got some baked-on crap on my cook-top and the kitchen stuff was doing squat so I went out to the garage and got the Poorboys....and whammo....done

the stuff works on all surfaces

Mustang4
03-02-2019, 10:42 AM
I have ceramic coating on my 2018 and have been using AutoGlym Detailing spray and water. Bird crap and bugs and such just wipe off with a microfibre when I spay with water, perfectly clean. I use the AutoGlym (from Canadian Tire) infrequently but it always does a nice job. Works well on my 1991 which has conventional waxes and polishes on it.

Styrofoam04
04-09-2019, 12:56 PM
Adams car shampoo is good one, so is CarPro Reset. its pH neutral and leave no residues or waxes so its great for ceramic coatings

Others are:
Optimum Car Wash
Meguiar's Hyper Wash

For a Rinsless wash Mckee's 914 doesn't have any gloss enhancers.

You want a wash that leaves nothing behind. You also don't need any toppers (waxes, sealants) it kinds defeats the purpose of the coating.

CON VERT
04-10-2019, 06:01 AM
I just picked up some Adams Boost for Ceramic Coating, will give a test run when it warms up !
https://adamspolishes.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/d/adams_polishes_ceramic_boost_2.0_16oz.jpg

Screw
04-10-2019, 06:38 AM
I just picked up some Adams Boost for Ceramic Coating, will give a test run when it warms up !
https://adamspolishes.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/d/adams_polishes_ceramic_boost_2.0_16oz.jpg

Local pick up or online ?

CON VERT
04-10-2019, 06:49 AM
I picked it up at the car show ! there is a Supplier in Burlington ! I'll post his info !

CON VERT
04-10-2019, 06:58 AM
https://showandshine.ca/product/adams-new-ceramic-boost/

Not Burlington, info above !

FABMAN
05-17-2019, 06:15 AM
My Mustang and X5 are both ceramic coated. I generally use 3D products detailing sprays and waterless wash. No streaks and seems to work well.

May try some of that poor boys spray and wipe as it sounds impressive.

Mustang4
05-17-2019, 10:48 PM
3D products group ( Burlington site) sells Feynlab products as well and they have an excellent detailer spray just for ceramic coatings.

Another good detail spray for ceramics is Gtechniq, which is the ceramic brand on my car. It is available at Bad Dog and E-Shine. I just ordered some.

Toxix
06-24-2019, 04:00 AM
Hey Mootang!
Long time man, what is your vehicle Ceramic Coated with currently? And which car are we talking about?

CON VERT
06-24-2019, 06:03 AM
ELTON ! LOL, been a while bro, C-S 11 , & it's on this 17277https://scontent.fyyz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/10155423_892270020839179_783093639249581877_n.jpg? _nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyz1-1.fna&oh=fb7c112d921c6db4e3c692474f1e9b59&oe=5D8C676A

Toxix
06-24-2019, 06:22 AM
ELTON ! LOL, been a while bro, C-S 11 , & it's on this 17277

Sure has man, been keeping busy doing the detailing thing now. I see you changed rides up a bit too.
Glad you went with a Ceramic Coating. This is pretty much all I do now in terms of work.

The Adams stuff is alright. Fairly newly released BeadMaker is good too, seems to attract a bit of dust though.

Check with your installer and see if there's a TopCoat option or something. Nothing should really be sticking to the coating and if it does stick, should just come right off.
Hell, I've had wet, heavy concrete bake-dry on the side of my Explorer for about a week (I left it there for kicks) and it washed right off.

On all of my vehicles I don't use any detailers, top ups or anything.
Wash > Leaf Blower > Wipe down remaining water and go for a drive.

This is the result of a 20 minute wash and a 2 hour drive. Don't mind the wheels, still rocking my track pads that absolutely cake the wheels

https://i.imgur.com/wuV5AXi.jpg

CON VERT
06-24-2019, 07:17 AM
Thanks Elton, I haven't washed the black car since I owned it, over a year now, but I really don't know when it was washed, I know Tim used to just detail it, & I have done the same , while nothing sticks to it,I still get bird shit , tree sap etc , and while getting it off it smears ! hence a need for some kind of detailer etc, the Adams Boost seems to be working ! & Thanks for the info, see u at one off the shows , G>

Oliver47
05-20-2020, 10:52 AM
IMO a ceramic coating is worth it! Do I use it on my ride....NO. I use a great quality wax. Additionally, my ride is a garage queen. I COAT my friends car and a couple of others. The reason why is a coating can handle the environment and exterior elements better than any other product. That is of course, my opinion. My friend converted his garage into a storage/work area space and he really doesn't maintaining his ride. SAD but there are people like that. The coating will last longer and will handle the elements better. Additionally, if you prepped the ride correctly it will look ALMOST as good as a great carnauba wax (my opinion again).

5.4MarkVIII
08-10-2020, 10:12 PM
was thinking about getting the new truck done. keep that black beauty looking show room pretty. my local guy that does all my work stuff told me don't do it.

he said it look great but tree sap and break dust will effect it and the only way to fix that would be to remove the coating and re apply. he also said its hard on the paint as it dosnt allow it to breath.

opinions? is it something best used for part time drivers?

shadow
04-04-2023, 08:56 AM
Hey FABMAN, How's it going?

My car is ceramic coated, and sometimes it sits in the garage for a few days, and it picks up dust, and sometime it might have some spots, or smudges or fingerprints, etc... But I don't have the energy, or the motivation to give it a full, complete wash. So I'm wondering what the best way or products are best to clean the dust and smudges without washing. In the post you posted you mentioned a waterless wash?

Toxix
04-04-2023, 12:25 PM
Replied to your PM Shadow!

shadow
04-23-2023, 10:33 AM
Hey guys; I've been thinking. I just had my car CC'd and I thought that CC was hard enough to protect against light scratching and swirls.
That was the main reason I got it!
However; people are telling me that I still shouldn't dust my car, even with a soft duster because it will scratch. Also that I have to be careful when washing, always use a two-bucket system, and only use a high-quality microfiber wash mitt, and high-quality microfiber
towels to dry.
I feel like I wasted my money with the CC.

xeninworx
04-23-2023, 12:10 PM
Hey guys; I've been thinking. I just had my car CC'd and I thought that CC was hard enough to protect against light scratching and swirls.
That was the main reason I got it!
However; people are telling me that I still shouldn't dust my car, even with a soft duster because it will scratch. Also that I have to be careful when washing, always use a two-bucket system, and only use a high-quality microfiber wash mitt, and high-quality microfiber
towels to dry.
I feel like I wasted my money with the CC.

You don’t have to use a two bucket method. Foam cannon the car and rinse off the mitt in a bucket of soapy water or spray with a pressure washer before you go back to wipe another area of the car. Use a leaf blower instead a drying cloth or wash the car in the evening with less sunlight. Also using water that passes through a filter helps. My pressure washer has a filter so the water comes out cleaner. The hydrophobic properties of the CC will repel the dirt and dust easier when washing.

FABMAN
04-23-2023, 06:21 PM
Hey FABMAN, How's it going?

My car is ceramic coated, and sometimes it sits in the garage for a few days, and it picks up dust, and sometime it might have some spots, or smudges or fingerprints, etc... But I don't have the energy, or the motivation to give it a full, complete wash. So I'm wondering what the best way or products are best to clean the dust and smudges without washing. In the post you posted you mentioned a waterless wash?

I generally use 3D products waterless wash with a thicker pile microfiber and then follow up with 3D products final touch (spray detailer) with a lower pile micro fiber towel.

Here are the links to the 3D products below:
Waterless wash (https://3dproductscanada.com/3d-waterless-car-wash/)
Final touch spray detailer (https://3dproductscanada.com/final-touch-quick-detailer/)

1986stangfan
07-24-2023, 10:07 PM
Looking to ceramic coat a set of new wheels. What does everyone recommend?

Toxix
12-14-2023, 08:39 PM
Gyeon Q2 Rim and GTechniq C5 Wheel Armour are great Ceramic Coatings designed specifically for wheels.

MAT
04-23-2024, 10:58 PM
@Con Vert ..... I have used Meguiars carnuba wax on my mustangs (2014 and 2024 convertibles) and really like the finish. I wash them first with a "neutral" car wash "soap" it may be Meguairs too. As everyone on this forum surely knows - dish detergent soap is deadly to car finishes. I use Auto Glym products too and particularly the Auto Glym Kit to waterproof my convertible tops. Crappy Tire used to sell the Auto Glym 'vert top waterproofing kit but stopped (in my area) so I can get it on Amazon.