PDA

View Full Version : Dasilva Racing Spring Track day May 13th 2019 at Toronto Motorsports Park!

DaSilva Racing
03-21-2019, 11:53 AM
https://i.imgur.com/oHfnYZG.jpg

PRE-REGISTER IS OPEN!

As supporters of speed, we like to take these vehicles to their limits to see what they can do. If you’re like us, you should consider driving your vehicle the way it was intended: “Enthusiastically”! Chase your friends down or practice your getaway driving (aka, emergency maneuvering) on the road course. Either way, you can have a great time while everyone else is at work!
THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO ALL MAKES AND MODELS with the following conditions:
– No Open Wheeled Vehicles (Formula Cars, 4-Wheelers, Dune Buggies, Go-Karts, Motorcycles, Forklifts, Golf Carts, Hovercrafts, Tanks, Buses, Horse-Drawn Carriages, etc…)
– Convertibles allowed. Must either have roll cage (to run top-down) or working top (will be required to keep the roof closed).
– Brake lights must be functional.

Make sure you give us a call to get your vehicle prepared for these events.
Spring Track Day has been scheduled for Monday May 13th at Toronto Motorsports Park in Cayuga, Ontario. This will be a Road Course Only event, we are not renting the drag strip.
Road Course runs rain or shine so please make sure you have proper tires for this event. Slicks will not be allowed to run in the rain.
Please feel free to “join” this event on Facebook but we will not be using this information as registration. All those wishing to participate in this event MUST call us ahead of time to register.
Fees for this event:
Road Course – $120.00 per driver (in advance) or $150.00 at the gate.
Spectators – $10.00 each at the gate. Spectators are welcomed to ride along as passengers so long as you follow safety requirements.
Safety requirements:
– All track safety rules apply. If you don’t know them, please check out the website – click here
**Track rules state that helmets are optional for Hard-Top vehicles, but we would encourage ALL participants to wear helmets.**

Please use caution while on the track. Everyone is out to have a good time and enjoy their vehicles while testing their potential. This is a great opportunity for you to improve on your driving techniques and make some new friends.
If you have any questions, please call or email as comments left on Facebook are easily missed.
We are taking registrations so if you would like to join us, please give us a call with your credit card number ready and we'll get you on the list.
Thank you!

Boomer
03-21-2019, 04:49 PM
Awesome! Just requested the day off work!!!!

newbiestangowner
03-21-2019, 05:39 PM
Awesome! Just requested the day off work!!!!

Wow! That was FAST Boomer [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newbiestangowner
03-21-2019, 05:47 PM
I’ll be there too - but I still have some “ buttering up” to do - both Bosses

Gabe
03-21-2019, 06:35 PM
I will be there 100%

Stephen06GT
03-21-2019, 07:44 PM
Try it once and you'll be hooked.

RedSN
03-21-2019, 11:55 PM
I feel a cough coming on...

newbiestangowner
03-22-2019, 12:01 AM
I feel a cough coming on...

Get your car done ! Lol.

JZ67
03-22-2019, 07:13 AM
Safety requirements:
– All track safety rules apply. If you don’t know them, please check out the website – click here

Your hyperlink doesn't work.

I have plenty of enthusiastic driving experience but no track experience. I would absolutely love to join in but concerned my inexperience could make someone else's track day painful. How does a newb take part without being a PITA?

ZR
03-22-2019, 07:32 AM
No issue at all, we have a Rookie group which is a perfect place to start.

hammerhead
03-22-2019, 07:34 AM
Yah baby - team yellow needs a rider Don bring your cough if yours isn't ready...

Stephen06GT
03-22-2019, 07:42 AM
Your hyperlink doesn't work.

I have plenty of enthusiastic driving experience but no track experience. I would absolutely love to join in but concerned my inexperience could make someone else's track day painful. How does a newb take part without being a PITA?

This is a perfect event to get your feet wet. The Rookie Group caters specifically to first time and novice track day drivers. All you do is pay your entry fee, show up and take part in the driver’s meeting, ask questions and go out and run at a pace that is comfortable for you. Remember this is not a race, it’s a lapping day. There are rules in place for the Rookies to make the day as stress free as possible. Also, there are plenty of experienced drivers that will answer your questions and they if you ask nice, let you ride with them as a right seater to get a feel for the track before you even get on the track by yourself.

hammerhead
03-22-2019, 08:02 AM
I’ll be there too - but I still have some “ buttering up” to do - both Bosses

Lol I started to get a lecture when the High Commander got wind of auto cross and then after 100/years finally realized there's no point in wasting my breath with a numb skull ....lol

98 Snake
03-22-2019, 09:53 AM
I’ll be there, gotta get the car out and ready once the weather comes around

JZ67
03-22-2019, 10:07 AM
What about insurance? My coverage excludes track use and would insurance company would not renew if used on track. I'm sure some of you guys are in the same position, how do you deal with it?

hammerhead
03-22-2019, 10:10 AM
Shhh! Pull the plates and don't crash

JZ67
03-22-2019, 10:45 AM
Shhh! Pull the plates and don't crash

works for me...does it work for you if I hit your ride? :p

fast Ed
03-22-2019, 11:20 AM
Lol I started to get a lecture when the High Commander got wind of auto cross and then after 100/years finally realized there's no point in wasting my breath with a numb skull ....lol

And people ask why I never bothered to get married! :stickpoke: :)

mavrrrick
03-22-2019, 11:22 AM
May go to watch only. Yes, I am a chicken shit!! LOL

newbiestangowner
03-22-2019, 11:25 AM
May go to watch only. Yes, I am a chicken shit!! LOL

Good way to ease into it Mavrrrick, go for a few ride alongs and who knows? Maybe next session or next year, but whatever the case may be at least you seen what it’s about.
Maybe check out grudge day too- maybe going 1/4 mile more your thing

newbiestangowner
03-22-2019, 11:28 AM

Sometimes I think there should be a “trial “ period of determined amount of time lol- just in case you don’t like it- back out with no penalty

hammerhead
03-22-2019, 11:29 AM
works for me...does it work for you if I hit your ride? :p

Lol I'm sure you will b fine - not sure any insurance will cover you also remember I don't fight like a pansie NASCAR driver in a tizzy with quaffed hair and a manicure ...lol just kidden I'm old now and probably do fight like that...

hammerhead
03-22-2019, 11:36 AM

Yah but I still need a mom figure and she a fantastic cook ...lol When I got married I had no idea where to look when buying underwear and was shocks at the price when I finally found some hahaha

mavrrrick
03-22-2019, 11:40 AM
I'm only afraid I'd like it to much and become that "A$$HOLE". Instant a$$hole...just add gas!!! I'd probably push my luck and right my car off.

NickD
03-22-2019, 12:13 PM
Noticing a couple comments about crashing.

This is for fun, it's not a competitive environment.
Passing is only in the two higher groups and only with a wave by in the straights.

If your getting close enough to me in the infield that I feel unsafe Im getting off and talking to the flagger.

If you start pushing breaking zones harder and go off track you end up in the dirt or grass, you pull off evaluate what happened check the car off and let your heart rate slow down.

The only wall I've ever thought about hitting is the main straight and because im terrified of it I take the last corner tight and slower then what I know is the right line and keep my distance. I don't even time laps im not going to risk tapping the wall if the rear end kicks out or I slide on some dirt etc.

This is the only group I've done lapping with and only group I will and it's because of how Rick and Joe set up the rules and make it a safe environment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

newbiestangowner
03-22-2019, 12:22 PM
Noticing a couple comments about crashing.

This is for fun, it's not a competitive environment.
Passing is only in the two higher groups and only with a wave by in the straights.

If your getting close enough to me in the infield that I feel unsafe Im getting off and talking to the flagger.

If you start pushing breaking zones harder and go off track you end up in the dirt or grass, you pull off evaluate what happened check the car off and let your heart rate slow down.

The only wall I've ever thought about hitting is the main straight and because im terrified of it I take the last corner tight and slower then what I know is the right line and keep my distance. I don't even time laps im not going to risk tapping the wall if the rear end kicks out or I slide on some dirt etc.

This is the only group I've done lapping with and only group I will and it's because of how Rick and Joe set up the rules and make it a safe environment.

Soooo
We driving up together or what?? U know I like to drive slow but get there early lol

If u see Norm ask him if he coming this year

hammerhead
03-22-2019, 12:29 PM
Soooo
We driving up together or what?? U know I like to drive slow but get there early lol

Have a question - how much fuel can I expect to burn...?

ZR
03-22-2019, 12:35 PM
I typically run two full tanks of fuel through my own car, yes I bring fuel but others sneak into town at lunch to top off (no 94 close).

newbiestangowner
03-22-2019, 12:35 PM
Have a question - how much fuel can I expect to burn...?

I fill up in town before hitting the track
Usually I use half or a little more 3/4
The gas station is like 10 mins away-
Timmies just down the street from that

Styrofoam04
03-22-2019, 12:56 PM
So got Married 2 years ago and I haven't been to this event in aboot that time!?? I have to pass on this one too the car needs some work done but "We" bought a couch instead.

@Mavrrick...if you're not going to use your car ...I will gladly use it for the day lol!!

In 2014 I wrote a write up of my first experience. I'm not sure if it's a good read, but it may be helpful for those on the fence:
http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?1905-Styrofoam04-s-TMP-Experience&highlight=

RedSN
03-22-2019, 01:06 PM
Get your car done ! Lol.

Basement is done. No excuse not to get it road worthy this season.

NickD
03-22-2019, 01:49 PM
Soooo

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSure, I'll book it off when I get back from lunch.
I haven't seen or talked to Norm in ages

newbiestangowner
03-22-2019, 01:59 PM
Sure, I'll book it off when I get back from lunch.
I haven't seen or talked to Norm in ages

I thought u going Woodward with him this year

NickD
03-22-2019, 02:00 PM
Have a question - how much fuel can I expect to burn...?It can wildly vary.
I went through over a 1/4 tank each 20 min session. Started full topped up with 20 liters and had the light on when I left.
Then other guys only used a half tank the whole day.
The other side effect of being in boost for 80% of the lap was I colored my exhaust https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190322/e9cc7d9512d3046cdcde52eba24f1313.jpg

NickD
03-22-2019, 02:01 PM
I thought u going Woodward with him this year

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNever heard from him...
You want to go?

newbiestangowner
03-22-2019, 02:03 PM
Never heard from him...
You want to go?

We’ll talk- ( now I’d be pushing it with the High Commander, but with some savvy I may be able to swing it)
Yes gentlemen I’ll admit I am “whipped “ lol , can we still say that or not PC

hammerhead
03-22-2019, 02:14 PM
We’ll talk- ( now I’d be pushing it with the High Commander, but with some savvy I may be able to swing it)
Yes gentlemen I’ll admit I am “whipped “ lol , can we still say that or not PC

Hahahaha I don't even venture into disappearing for a weekend - that's a whole new ball game and inquisition - even if im not guilty i will look and sound guilty - much like what happens when I surprise her with something nice like flowers

newbiestangowner
03-22-2019, 02:17 PM
Hahahaha I don't even venture into disappearing for a weekend - that's a whole new ball game and inquisition - even if im not guilty i will look and sound guilty - much like what happens when I surprise her with something nice like flowers

Oh Hammer, Nick knows even for cars and coffee ( Mississauga Fridays)I tell her I’m going to the variety store, I’ll be back shortly

mavrrrick
03-22-2019, 02:47 PM
I went out to Mississauga once and looked for you guys. Let me know when you go and i'll try to make it as well.

JZ67
03-22-2019, 02:55 PM
So, then from what I am gathering - you all run your machines at your own risk but have rules to follow and don't do anything stupid and all is ok.

fast Ed
03-22-2019, 03:05 PM
Exactly! Come on out, have some fun, and find out how awesome your car really is.

JZ67
03-22-2019, 03:13 PM
Exactly! Come on out, have some fun, and find out how awesome your car really is.

That's just some undue pressure. I made no mention of the awesomeness of my vehicle at any point.

Sounds like fun!

newbiestangowner
03-22-2019, 03:14 PM
So, then from what I am gathering - you all run your machines at your own risk but have rules to follow and don't do anything stupid and all is ok.

Yup
I heard there’s sometimes a new flag man- a little bit of a prick for the rules. He will use the black flag if something is not right
Nice enough guy but don’t get his blood boiling- guess he’s got sleep deprivation

Boomer
03-22-2019, 04:23 PM
I'm assuming we don't need helmets, especially the newbies / first timers???

fast Ed
03-22-2019, 04:25 PM
That's just some undue pressure. I made no mention of the awesomeness of my vehicle at any point.

Just about any modern car will be more capable than you might believe, until you get a chance to really try it in a safe and controlled environment like this.

fast Ed
03-22-2019, 04:28 PM
Joe, here is what is mentioned in the original blurb ... comes down to how much you think that your nuggin is worth!

**Track rules state that helmets are optional for Hard-Top vehicles, but we would encourage ALL participants to wear helmets.**

Stephen06GT
03-22-2019, 05:54 PM
I'm assuming we don't need helmets, especially the newbies / first timers???

Not required for hardtops, but strongly recommended. Mandatory for verts.

ON BOOST
03-22-2019, 06:04 PM
Day booked off... is it May yet???

Frankie
03-27-2019, 12:20 PM
It can wildly vary.
I went through over a 1/4 tank each 20 min session. Started full topped up with 20 liters and had the light on when I left.
Then other guys only used a half tank the whole day.
The other side effect of being in boost for 80% of the lap was I colored my exhaust https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190322/e9cc7d9512d3046cdcde52eba24f1313.jpg

No boost here and both my Foxes have done that after a day at the track :)

ZR
03-27-2019, 12:23 PM
Hell, turned my front calipers from brilliant silver to gold.

Frankie
03-27-2019, 12:23 PM
Oh, and I'm in - day is booked off, just need to call Dasilva.

Missed it last fall, that was one miserable day at work!

NickD
03-27-2019, 01:28 PM
No boost here and both my Foxes have done that after a day at the track :)Do they have cats? Im wondering if mine are still ok

RedSN
03-27-2019, 05:43 PM
Hell, turned my front calipers from brilliant silver to gold.

ZR's new knickname: The Alchemist. Turning silver into gold.

Frankie
03-28-2019, 12:41 PM
Do they have cats? Im wondering if mine are still ok

Yup, always run cats.

Stephen06GT
03-28-2019, 03:30 PM
Day is booked off at work. I just need to call and register and wake up Ol Paint from his winter hibernation.

Live_n_Mizery
04-03-2019, 02:51 PM
Registered and booked the day off! My plan is to start with the rookie group as I've only been to the track twice before and later join the next group up. Is that allowed?

newbiestangowner
04-03-2019, 03:06 PM
Registered and booked the day off! My plan is to start with the rookie group as I've only been to the track twice before and later join the next group up. Is that allowed?

Yes
Goes the other way as well
Can drop down to rookie group

newbiestangowner
04-10-2019, 12:32 AM
Pre-register is open. Simple phone call, credit card, and what you will be lapping with; easy peezy.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190410/5b86622eddbf3321e300333f5cd1479d.gif

newbiestangowner
04-16-2019, 09:26 PM
Pre-register and save some bucks.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190417/61f7ab3e8c5ad74c4ed2a0c68bb812d6.gif

Live_n_Mizery
04-16-2019, 11:10 PM
This is well worth it. I invited one of my boy's to join us with his 18 Grand Sport Vette. :^)

newbiestangowner
04-17-2019, 12:01 AM
This is well worth it. I invited one of my boy's to join us with his 18 Grand Sport Vette. :^)

Nice!! The more the merrier!

newbiestangowner
04-20-2019, 11:22 PM

Just a Fun , fun, day!
Great place to start, and meet other car enthusiasts .

ZR
04-20-2019, 11:27 PM
Working on my leg, will be there with the RAM at the very
least.

Live_n_Mizery
04-21-2019, 01:56 AM
Does anyone bother with additional track insurance for the day? My friend looked into it and he was saying the insurance company will cover you regardless unless you mention it beforehand and they say no... then you're SOL.

I won't.

My car is track ready and I have some experience, insured and warranty too. I'm good.

ZR
04-25-2019, 07:04 AM
Track day is getting closer, you signed up yet?

ZR
04-25-2019, 07:06 AM
On track whining is definitely ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VepsrWeBSmw#t=14

ZR
04-25-2019, 07:08 AM
Different kinda sound with the Whipple but yea it's ok to (wish it was making that h/p though).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY1n3vSlbS8

ZR
04-25-2019, 07:12 AM
So is it really as much fun and every says, all that and then some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guT8ifFhd4g

ZR
04-25-2019, 07:15 AM
Lap at TMP with Dr Toronto riding shotgun with a cam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=L8aVxYXa25Q

newbiestangowner
04-26-2019, 01:06 PM
Track day getting closer. Hope everyone making time to get their cars ready.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190426/00913b4d0fbb19563d320af88d519b99.gif

NickD
04-29-2019, 02:40 PM
Finally remembered and had a chance to call DaSilvas today and registered.

newbiestangowner
04-29-2019, 02:52 PM
Finally remembered and had a chance to call DaSilvas today and registered.

Great
See you there!
By the way , what weapon will you be bringing?

NickD
04-29-2019, 04:21 PM
Great
See you there!
By the way , what weapon will you be bringing?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWe should drive up together
I am pretty sure the 2005 (without any of the stuff I wanted done to it completed, but it will have a new hood)

newbiestangowner
04-29-2019, 05:33 PM
We should drive up together
I am pretty sure the 2005 (without any of the stuff I wanted done to it completed, but it will have a new hood)

I’d like to get there early morning not afternoon lol
I leave around 7 ish - still have to over inflate tires a little bit, then gas up near track, visit the busy Tim Horton’s, unload Etc etc......

NickD
04-29-2019, 05:55 PM
I’d like to get there early morning not afternoon lol
I leave around 7 ish - still have to over inflate tires a little bit, then gas up near track, visit the busy Tim Horton’s, unload Etc etc......

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWow....

newbiestangowner
04-29-2019, 06:02 PM
Wow....

U didn’t know driver’s meeting usually 9 am sharp lol and u don’t want to piss off the one speaking!!!!

NickD
04-29-2019, 07:51 PM
U didn’t know driver’s meeting usually 9 am sharp lol and u don’t want to piss off the one speaking!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYes I was at the drivers meeting in the fall...

newbiestangowner
04-29-2019, 08:38 PM
Sooo that means we don’t have to go , u know because we were at the fall one( driver’s meeting), bonus just arrive and drive! lol

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190430/04e105bd2d898fbfd74d93dd3b98c487.gif

ZR
04-30-2019, 07:58 AM
They having that super model back to speak at the am meeting again? Seems like a really nice guy.

ZR
05-01-2019, 07:05 AM
https://i.imgur.com/oHfnYZG.jpg

ZR
05-01-2019, 05:58 PM
X tra special surprise(s) coming...............stay tuned for details.

newbiestangowner
05-02-2019, 11:08 AM
Pre-register is open...
Bonus announcement as well by Blackstock Ford.
Track Day you don’t want to miss

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190502/0f016f32edf6fa4ee51456bf9a2ad3dc.jpg

fast Ed
05-02-2019, 11:30 AM
X tra special surprise(s) coming...............stay tuned for details.

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?14966-Blackstock-Ford-BIG-Track-Day-News!!!

Scrape
05-04-2019, 08:18 AM

ZR
05-06-2019, 06:49 AM
Are you signed up yet??

newbiestangowner
05-06-2019, 07:08 PM
Tick-tock. Pre-registration is open

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190506/6e632197595355dfed18f088dc66f830.jpg

ZR
05-07-2019, 07:35 AM
YES YES YES your bone stock Mustang (assuming in good mechanical condition) is more than up to the task of participating n sending you home with a perma grin on yer face.

hammerhead
05-07-2019, 05:05 PM
Tick-tock. Pre-registration is open

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190506/6e632197595355dfed18f088dc66f830.jpg

It says you need a credit car to register - I don't have one nor am I getting one can I pay cash at the gate ?

Armen
05-07-2019, 05:11 PM
It says you need a credit car to register - I don't have one nor am I getting one can I pay cash at the gate ?

You should call Joe at Dasilva Racing and just see if he can help you out with that.

newbiestangowner
05-07-2019, 05:43 PM

You should call Joe at Dasilva Racing and just see if he can help you out with that.

Hammer , best to give them a call and see what they can do

hammerhead
05-07-2019, 08:10 PM
Thanks Guys i will call in the am^^^

newbiestangowner
05-07-2019, 08:14 PM
Hammer sent you pm^^

Screw
05-07-2019, 09:19 PM

Thats a boss ! Admire that

newbiestangowner
05-07-2019, 09:21 PM
Thats a boss ! Admire that

That’s not Hammer talking, he’s just saying what the High Commander said to him lol

hammerhead
05-07-2019, 09:38 PM
That’s not Hammer talking, he’s just saying what the High Commander said to him lol

The High Commander doesn't know I'm taking the day off yet...lol like she always says "everyday is fathers day...lol"

Screw
05-07-2019, 09:40 PM
High Commander sounds very reasonable

newbiestangowner
05-07-2019, 09:41 PM
The High Commander doesn't know I'm taking the day off yet...lol like she always says "everyday is fathers day...lol"

Two track days back - I never told High Commander I was off- I pretended to go to work . Guys were wondering why I’m leaving so early( travel time from Cayuga) lol

hammerhead
05-07-2019, 09:43 PM
Two track days back - I never told High Commander I was off- I pretended to go to work . Guys were wondering why I’m leaving so early( travel time from Cayuga) lol

if i don't come home dirty and reading of gear oil i have to go thru an inquisition and a smell test...lol - it's mothers day this weekend too.

newbiestangowner
05-07-2019, 09:46 PM
if i don't come home dirty and reading of gear oil i have to go thru an inquisition and a smell test...lol - it's mothers day this weekend too.

There you go- treat High Commander like a princess on weekend then u will get clearance- oh I forgot u racing as well auto cross lol- good luck

hammerhead
05-07-2019, 09:48 PM
There you go- treat High Commander like a princess on weekend then u will get clearance- oh I forgot u racing as well auto cross lol- good luck

thanks - the car is running awesome too - put 8k on her now and got a good feel for it - i took Screws advice and left the helper spring in and now I've gotten use to it

newbiestangowner
05-07-2019, 09:54 PM
thanks - the car is running awesome too - put 8k on her now and got a good feel for it - i took Screws advice and left the helper spring in and now I've gotten use to it

Not good luck in auto cross lol- I believe that’s all skill lol- good luck asking for permission for a 2nd outing at TMP on Mother’s Day weekend

newbiestangowner
05-08-2019, 01:44 AM
Like ZR said stock , or any make /model is welcome. Pre- registration is open- save some dough.
Give Dasilva Racing a call 905-837-7700 - easy peezy

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190508/e474de635ccbbe58f45ce8225dcc49ad.jpg

ZR
05-08-2019, 07:09 AM
One of the very best tracks out there for your first lapping day experience. No pressure to go an ounce faster vs where your comfortable, yes we have a rookie / novice group.

ZR
05-08-2019, 07:26 AM
Weather is looking FAN TAS TIC for Monday.

hammerhead
05-08-2019, 11:08 AM
Two hammerheads one ride - registered and so far have the day booked off - can pay at the gate - team yellow!

newbiestangowner
05-08-2019, 11:25 AM
Two hammerheads one ride - registered and so far have the day booked off - can pay at the gate - team yellow!

Excellent!!! See u there man!
Gonna make the call this afternoon, just ironing a few things at work

ZR
05-08-2019, 11:51 AM
Boss gave me thumbs up on taking the day off.

newbiestangowner
05-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Boss gave me thumbs up on taking the day off.

One day I wish I’ll be like that...
Give myself thumbs up to take day off lol

Farqs32
05-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Does anyone know what time the event starts on Monday?
Drivers Meeting?
First car on the track?

newbiestangowner
05-09-2019, 01:55 PM
Drivers Meeting?
First car on the track?

I get there for 830-9am
Don’t want to miss the “super model” that does the talk

Stephen06GT
05-09-2019, 02:36 PM
Drivers Meeting?
First car on the track?

Driver’s meeting is at 9:30. First cars on track at 10:00. We have flags to indicate which group is on the track:
A - Advanced
I - Intermediate
R - Rookie

We will be sounding an air horn and/or blowing a whistle to indicate the next group on track.

The Advanced group will be first out, followed by the Intermediates then the Rookies. (A. I. R.) This gives the rookies a couple of sessions to be a right seater before going out solo.

newbiestangowner
05-09-2019, 04:42 PM
Late but officially pre-registered

Slo turd will see you there

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190509/85167bf84181c395f6abc241994f6b3d.gif

hammerhead
05-09-2019, 04:48 PM
Late but officially pre-registered

Slo turd will see you there

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190509/85167bf84181c395f6abc241994f6b3d.gif

Driver is like the car ...lol :stickpoke:

newbiestangowner
05-09-2019, 04:58 PM
Driver is like the car ...lol :stickpoke:

Yup

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190509/a38fed92ade5cef90ddc68e3c3c2334c.gif

RedSN
05-09-2019, 06:51 PM
^^^driver looks happy. Passenger.... not so much

newbiestangowner
05-09-2019, 07:08 PM
^^^driver looks happy. Passenger.... not so much

That’s what the group behind me will look like lmao

Can’t help that the car is slo

FABMAN
05-09-2019, 11:58 PM
Officially registered and bringing a buddy with his 96 coyote powered GT who is registered as well. One of the rare instances that I can say I am looking forward to a Monday! See you all at the TMP.

RedSN
05-10-2019, 09:17 AM
96 coyote powered GT
might have to take a peek under the hood of that to see what a coyote looks like in a jelly bean.

fast Ed
05-10-2019, 09:28 AM
Everyone just FYI I am planning to attend, but will not be bringing my own car ... but I will have my helmet with me, and will offer my services as a coach for those who desire some assistance. Rick will introduce me at the drivers' meeting for those who have not met me previously but would like the help. I'm not a top-level expert by any means, but have been involved in motorsport for about 30 years now with a fair amount of track experience and many coaching days under my belt.

cheers
Ed

ZR
05-10-2019, 09:57 AM
Morning Ed, we appreciate your kind offer.

hammerhead
05-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Everyone just FYI I am planning to attend, but will not be bringing my own car ... but I will have my helmet with me, and will offer my services as a coach for those who desire some assistance. Rick will introduce me at the drivers' meeting for those who have not met me previously but would like the help. I'm not a top-level expert by any means, but have been involved in motorsport for about 30 years now with a fair amount of track experience and many coaching days under my belt.

cheers
Ed

That's fantastic Ed - my son could use some help 1st Time on the track and will be his second time in the s550 - I could use some as well but I don't want to hog you..lol if you have time to help him that would be fantastic

mavrrrick
05-10-2019, 10:21 AM
Everyone have fun and play safe!! Safety is #1.

newbiestangowner
05-10-2019, 10:56 AM
Everyone have fun and play safe!! Safety is #1.

Your garage can wait a day

mavrrrick
05-10-2019, 01:07 PM
No... it can’t... lol

newbiestangowner
05-10-2019, 01:08 PM
No... it can’t... lol

Yes it can
U waited this long already! What’s one more day 24 hrs lol

Is it because I haven’t been able to attend your coffee n cars??

FABMAN
05-10-2019, 07:43 PM
might have to take a peek under the hood of that to see what a coyote looks like in a jelly bean.

Did I mention that it has an 03/04 Cobra IRS and a Magnum T56 as well? It’s a really fun ride and he is very familiar with road course events. Unfortunately it’s no longer on r compound tires anymore but still fun. He is a good guy Don, would be happy to show you the car.

Whitehot
05-12-2019, 09:25 AM
I m a little worried bout the DAM rain??... :( ... 90% of 5-10 mm ... that ll kinda suck, no protection at the track... everything ll get wet :(

ZR
05-12-2019, 09:46 AM
Been doing this a whole bunch of years now, several times in the past forecast has showed nothing but rain and day has turned out fantastic. Event is a go rain or shine, lapping when it's wet, to me is some of the most fun I've ever had there. Awesome way to brush up on real car control. Canada's Worst Driver and Icy corner challenge comes to mind.
Only means I'll be sporting street tires n wipers instead of R comps n caps on the wiper pivots is all.

ZR
05-12-2019, 10:00 AM
Another bonus, always a good breeze there, dries up a wet track in a hurry, sorta built in Jet dryer kinda deal me thinks.

Whitehot
05-12-2019, 10:09 AM
heres hopin ;)

Stephen06GT
05-12-2019, 12:24 PM
Don’t worry, DonRoy will put on the grass skirt and put in a good word for us with the Big Guy.

RedSN
05-12-2019, 02:03 PM
dries up a wet track in a hurry

...except for the natural spring at turn 5

mavrrrick
05-12-2019, 02:15 PM
Yes it can
U waited this long already! What’s one more day 24 hrs lol

Is it because I haven’t been able to attend your coffee n cars??

Lol.... was scheduled a while ago... wife is in Cuba and don’t want her here when it’s being done( and you know why!) lol