PDA

View Full Version : electrical issues :(

Whitehot
05-31-2014, 09:32 AM
Blowen a couple fuses on the Mustang, after wed racin??...Changed em, they went again, now the search begins...Basically have no dash, tail lights, door locks, fog lights....

ZR
05-31-2014, 09:56 AM
Look at your front inner fenders, some have experienced tire / harness contact on the drivers side.

Whitehot
06-01-2014, 07:21 AM
will do........

Whitehot
07-04-2014, 09:37 PM
Anywere else, to look, havin hard time finding this short, or pooor ground??.. :( .. gonna check the drivers wheel well again tomorow,but, seems to still blow fuses ... The fog lights,running lights, dash lights, power locks n remote mirrors. Everything seems ok, until ya start it up and or drive for a bit, then they blow....thoughts????

Monera3v
07-04-2014, 11:16 PM
did you ever had a alarm or remote start installed? verify those splices have not corroded! same thing happend to my 96

I lost all allumination,

ZR
07-05-2014, 12:56 AM
Did you confirm the harness is ok at the top of the inner fender? Your car is low, were cranking hard in the corners, very common to damage the harness.

Whitehot
07-07-2014, 05:38 PM
appears to be ok??.. he found things were ok when fog lights not hooked up, I think he s zeroin in on them.....a corrodid wire or somethin wrong with a fog light harness or wire??...

1low03gt
07-07-2014, 09:51 PM
Did you confirm the harness is ok at the top of the inner fender? Your car is low, were cranking hard in the corners, very common to damage the harness.

My thoughts where the same. When i pulled my front wheel off years ago doing some clean up on the front wheel, i noticed a small "rub" hole starting. So i pulled the inner liner off, and put a lot of gasket silicone maker over the area on the opposite side, and cut a piece of tin, squished it in it, let it cure, and put more gasket silicone maker over it again, and has done me well so far.