PDA

View Full Version : Zaino me

Ponyryd
10-02-2022, 01:44 PM
Anyone have a source? Last time I got it was from a show…

Scrape
10-02-2022, 09:08 PM
https://www.zainostore.ca/

Toxix
10-04-2022, 12:04 PM
Oh man do I ever miss the Zaino days!

Ponyryd
10-15-2022, 04:57 PM
Got my order placed from Zainostore, thx scrape for the link. Got a bucket too since my wife’s ride (Durango) is tall and hard to get the roof, plus it has the cool logo on the side, lol. Also something that surprised me is this ZFX stuff, I’ve never used it before but apparently it’s “critical” to use…and $30 extra ffs. Of well, if it works like it used to or better I don’t care, I love the shine, ease of use, and NO WHITE RESIDUE ON TRIM!!!

Ponyryd
10-25-2022, 07:59 PM
Wrong polish came, and bucket looks like it’s been sitting in a warehouse, full of dust, and has no logo. No reply from them yet, Jesus what happened to dealing with people in person……

Scrape
10-26-2022, 07:31 AM
That sucks ass. Sorry to hear that.
Wrong polish came, and bucket looks like it’s been sitting in a warehouse, full of dust, and has no logo. No reply from them yet, Jesus what happened to dealing with people in person……

Ponyryd
10-26-2022, 01:28 PM
It happens, no real alternative apparently, not sure what recourse I have if I don’t hear back. Email was addressed to a guy named Mike, but he may be on vacation, never check, etc…problem is-I still want my order as I want to put a couple coats on my truck before sitting it outside under a cover, but running out if nice days, lol. Oh well, we shall see

Ponyryd
11-01-2022, 08:04 PM
Update-I spoke with Mike on the phone today, he was in Mexico and didn’t get my first email. So he says the logo wasn’t put on to avoid damage while stacking, he’s sending me a decal to remedy that. As far as the polish goes, he says they’re discontinuing the Z3 and he didn’t have any left that weren’t expired/questionable, so he sent the Z5 and says it will work just fine for my single-stage paint (although the website says it’s for CC) and apparently gives a better shine. So it seems like it all worked out I guess, a little note or email with the shipment would have eased my mind and my ride could be protected by now…..but it appears Zaino may be not be long for this world, might need to try something else but I think I have enough Z5 to last me a year or so.

Jeff Esliger
11-02-2022, 07:50 PM
Have you tried chemical guys

Ponyryd
11-02-2022, 09:04 PM
Have you tried chemical guys

I haven’t, they have good marketing and product placement, but I really don’t think they’re in the same league as Zaino. This is what I’ve been using for years, used it on the old blue Bullitt.

True Blue
11-03-2022, 12:08 PM
Long time user of Zaino, 20+ years. Love their products and continue to use them.

MUSTANGWOP
11-03-2022, 01:23 PM
Long time user of Zaino, 20+ years. Love their products and continue to use them.

Same with me. So easy to use and great results.

Jeff Esliger
11-07-2022, 11:16 AM
I haven’t, they have good marketing and product placement, but I really don’t think they’re in the same league as Zaino. This is what I’ve been using for years, used it on the old blue Bullitt.
Will have to hit some car shows,next year,make some new memories

Ponyryd
11-07-2022, 07:21 PM
Will have to hit some car shows,next year,make some new memories

I don’t do many shows, only hit 1 last year and a couple drift days in Leamington at the old go-kart track.

shadow
03-21-2023, 10:02 AM
Hey, guys. I'm hearing you guys talking about waxing, and I'm wondering because I thought that if you CC , you didn't have to wax.
I just got a black '22 GT, and I immediately had it CC'd, and the front-end PPF'd underneath the CC. It was expensive, but I want it to look good forever, or for the next 5 yrs at least, which is how long the detailer told me it would last.
Anyway, isn't CC a waste if you're just going to cover it with something else? I know that there are products that are supposed to be used on CC, but I'm wondering if it's not overkill.
Let me know what you know about CC, and PPF.

xeninworx
03-21-2023, 11:42 AM
CC can least for 5 years if you don’t winter drive the car. The salt erodes the CC. Waxing wouldn’t do anything better that the CC already did. For a car to maintain a nice finish would have to be polished before the CC.

Scrape
03-21-2023, 02:11 PM
What is important to make ceramic coating last is to apply a topper coating which is similar to a quick detailer spray but usually made to be sprayed annually by the manufacturer of the ceramic coating. Different brand may work too but use at your own risk. I would check with your detailer first before buying any other brand of topper. The topper is to help prolong the life of the ceramic coating. As for PPF they make a ceramic coating for this as well which helps prolong the life of the PPF. FYI, PPF cannot be applied on top of ceramic coating as it will NOT stick properly. Ceramic coating is very hydrophobic.

Hey, guys. I'm hearing you guys talking about waxing, and I'm wondering because I thought that if you CC , you didn't have to wax.
I just got a black '22 GT, and I immediately had it CC'd, and the front-end PPF'd underneath the CC. It was expensive, but I want it to look good forever, or for the next 5 yrs at least, which is how long the detailer told me it would last.
Anyway, isn't CC a waste if you're just going to cover it with something else? I know that there are products that are supposed to be used on CC, but I'm wondering if it's not overkill.

bluetoy
03-21-2023, 03:41 PM

If you are speaking about Ponyrd's comment. He was talking about Clear coat, not Ceramic coat.

Ponyryd
03-22-2023, 06:52 PM

I don’t quite believe in CC yet as I’m more of an old-school kinda guy, I’m also cheap and don’t mind putting some time and elbow grease into my ride, plus getting the satisfaction of doing it myself, and watching the transformation.
CC seems to be the thing to do to a new car, but my old finish woulda required a ton of work to start, and it’s just a driver anyway, not a show piece. As for PPF, to me it’s a waste of money unless you’re constantly on the highway, I also hate seeing the seam where it was applied, really takes away from the finish IMO.

Ponyryd
03-22-2023, 06:54 PM
I was happy with my results, not bad for 30-year old paint.

Scrape
03-23-2023, 07:52 AM
I believe that you are thinking of the old school style where they go part way up the hood and leaves a cut line. If you look at my cars I bet you will have a hard time finding these lines/seams.

I also hate seeing the seam where it was applied, really takes away from the finish IMO.

Ponyryd
03-29-2023, 01:22 PM
I believe that you are thinking of the old school style where they go part way up the hood and leaves a cut line. If you look at my cars I bet you will have a hard time finding these lines/seams.

From that angle it would be tough, but I had a car in today and it was very easy to see…..I took some pics but they won’t upload.

Scrape
03-29-2023, 01:42 PM
Feel free to zoom in which is easy to see.

From that angle it would be tough, but I had a car in today and it was very easy to see…..I took some pics but they won’t upload.

Ponyryd
03-29-2023, 05:42 PM
Feel free to zoom in which is easy to see.

I don’t see anything, and I’m not looking to argue with you, I’m just sharing my opinion. But since you brought it up I took some pics of the car I had in today, (2023 Infiniti QX55) and from far away (but closer than your pics) I could see nothing, even with zooming. Up close the lines are plain as day, and obnoxious, it would drive me nuts.
So for conversations sake I’ll use my family ride as an example, 2019 Durango, pearl white paint, 90k on it, I keep it clean but it’s never been waxed or cc’d, and has no ppf. Driven year-round everywhere including family trips, one being to Florida just last month. If I go look at it now I’d say there are maybe 4-5 actual blemishes on the front of the car, which I’ve touched up and aren’t noticeable unless up close…would a ppf stop the damage? Maybe, maybe not, but for the cost of it, plus having to see the lines every day it’s not for me, if you love it great, you do you, it’s all good.

Scrape
03-29-2023, 06:03 PM
I am not either. I asked you to Zoom in as there are zero cut lines on my cars. They wrapped it so well that you can't see any.