PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Ford Flex Question...

SteveEH
06-09-2014, 04:50 PM
My mother loves the look of my 20" AMRs on my mustang, and she is considering on upgrading the rims on her Ford Flex. I am just wondering what Wheel offset and everything would work? Would the 20x10s AMRs work on her car or are there rims similar to what the AMRs are? If anybody has any info, please feel free to share.

Thanks!

Armen
06-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Go to tire rack . com and select the Flex for wheels. You can then confirm what sizes and offsets work.

SteveEH
06-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Go to tire rack . com and select the Flex for wheels. You can then confirm what sizes and offsets work.

Thanks for the info, seems like it gives most of the info, cannot really see though if the AMRs would fit or not.

fast Ed
06-11-2014, 08:34 PM
10s would be a bit much for that vehicle IMO. Widest factory wheels are 8.5", my suggestion would be no wider than 9". To fill up a 10" wheel you would need at least a 275 or 285 width tire, and even if they didn't rub, it would likely drive like ass with that much rubber up front. They are 5 on 114.3 pattern, same as S197 Mustang, and similar offset, but the hub bore is smaller ... so if you get a Mustang application wheel, you would need to get some appropriately sized hubcentric rings as well.

cheers
Ed

SteveEH
06-11-2014, 09:41 PM
10s would be a bit much for that vehicle IMO. Widest factory wheels are 8.5", my suggestion would be no wider than 9". To fill up a 10" wheel you would need at least a 275 or 285 width tire, and even if they didn't rub, it would likely drive like ass with that much rubber up front. They are 5 on 114.3 pattern, same as S197 Mustang, and similar offset, but the hub bore is smaller ... so if you get a Mustang application wheel, you would need to get some appropriately sized hubcentric rings as well.

cheers
Ed

Thanks, I will keep that in mind when looking for rims and tires. I really thought the rims on her car were 10" wide, they must be the 8.5" wide then.