PDA

View Full Version : Suspension knocks

Uncle Buck
06-11-2014, 06:11 PM
Ever since I installed my BMR LCAs and relocation brackets I hear little knocks in the rear suspension when it's loading and unloading etc. I greased the ba geez out of them so no squeaks and have double checked torque on all the bolts.

Is this typical for LCAs with urethane bushings or do I have something going on back there?

ZR
06-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Bolt that goes into the side of the bracket, is it tight in the hole or undersized? Last two I installed, undersized. Ground the hole out in the bracket and used the correct size bolt vs what they included in the kit.

Uncle Buck
06-11-2014, 10:06 PM
I had to clean out the threads before the side bolts could go in as my car had no axle weights and the holes were full of crud. Once the threads were clean, the bolts seemed to fit okay and torqued down to 45 lbs per the instructions.

ZR
06-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Look for signs of slight movement.

Uncle Buck
06-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Will do thanks.

On the bright side the squeak I had before is gone. The stock driver side LCA had a torn rubber. Appears someone has a lead foot at times!

Ghost Rider
06-11-2014, 10:37 PM
time for some SLP...you won't hear the knocks and squeeks and rattles...

Intmdtr
06-12-2014, 07:01 AM
time for some SLP...you won't hear the knocks and squeeks and rattles...

this is the #1 reason i have SLP's.

Uncle Buck
07-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Finally solved my suspension noise. Funny how the noise can transmit differently. First thought it was something in the left rear set up, then it seemed to be below the shifter so was thinking maybe a u joint. It wasn't until my left wheel hit a bump and I heard a noise on the right that pointed me to the swap bar. Pretty sure I torqued it last winter but this time I added a dab of loctite blue just to be sure.

ZR
07-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Nice, noises n squeaks can take a crazy amount of time to figure out.