PDA

View Full Version : 95 GTS

1quikgt
06-15-2014, 10:54 PM
I just picked up a 95 GTS that has no power windows, locks or seats. Before I start pulling door panels off does anyone know if the wires are run for these like they are in foxbodys with no power options. The windows and locks aren't that big of a deal it's mostly for the seats. Power seats would just give me more options as the stock V6 seats frankly just suck.

Mike

Intmdtr
06-15-2014, 11:03 PM
As you know, the GTS is just a stripped down version of a GT, so all the wiring should be there, just the main components won't be there. As for power seat wiring, not sure about that.

1quikgt
06-15-2014, 11:48 PM
That's what i thought. These V6 seats are just so dam uncomfortable. Do regular GT seats come manual or are they just power?

bluetoy
06-16-2014, 07:06 AM
It's just the tracks that are power. Doesn't matter you can just swap the tracks to your manual ones.

1quikgt
06-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the help

99chromegt
06-16-2014, 02:58 PM
What are your plans for the GTS? Post some pics.

Stephen06GT
06-16-2014, 03:19 PM
My 96 was "sort of" a GTS. No power seats, no cruise, but it did have PW. Anyway, when I changed out the seats, the power cord was right where it should have been.

RedSN
06-16-2014, 04:51 PM
I wish mine had all the power delete stuff. It's just added weight.

1quikgt
06-16-2014, 07:34 PM
What are your plans for the GTS? Post some pics.

Haven't really formulated a plan yet. First thing is buy some different seats. It already has magnaflow catback, cai and cobra r rims. Definately needs to be lowered. Can't decide on coilovers or just lowering springs. Do some headers and new h pipe this winter maybe. Just want to end up with a fun little cruiser and something to maybe do a lap or two around mosport. I've enjoyed following along with yours and tulowd's builds, so maybe I'll steal a couple of your guys ideas.

Mike

ZR
06-16-2014, 08:25 PM
Nice gains in performance and ride running coil overs on the front. Maximum set up combined with Bilsteins works mint.

99chromegt
06-16-2014, 08:30 PM
^^ out of everything I've installed so far suspension parts have made the most noticeable changes. The front K member, coil overs & SFCs are improvements I should have started with. So many are focused on increased HP and sure that's a big piece of the puzzle, however suspension upgrades IMO give you the most bang for the buck. Keep us updated on your GTS and hope to see you at an event to check out your ride in person.
Cheers
Andrew.

1quikgt
06-16-2014, 08:59 PM
Nice gains in performance and ride running coil overs on the front. Maximum set up combined with Bilsteins works mint.

After some searching Maximum seems like a very good product. If I do coilovers on the front can I get away with just lowering springs on the rear or are coilovers recommended back there as well?

horseplayer
06-16-2014, 09:27 PM
I just picked up a 95 GTS that has no power windows, locks or seats. Before I start pulling door panels off does anyone know if the wires are run for these like they are in foxbodys with no power options. The windows and locks aren't that big of a deal it's mostly for the seats. Power seats would just give me more options as the stock V6 seats frankly just suck.

Mike

What colour is your interior? I have light grey power leather seats out of my 99 GT that I will be getting rid of for cheap.

1quikgt
06-16-2014, 10:06 PM
What colour is your interior? I have light grey power leather seats out of my 99 GT that I will be getting rid of for cheap.

It's grey. But the car has an A/C delete and leather with no A/C doesn't sound like fun. Thanks for the offer though.

RedSN
06-16-2014, 11:26 PM
After some searching Maximum seems like a very good product. If I do coilovers on the front can I get away with just lowering springs on the rear or are coilovers recommended back there as well?
Most gains to be made with the coil overs up front. The rears are fine with just the coils.

So many are focused on increased HP and sure that's a big piece of the puzzle, however suspension upgrades IMO give you the most bang for the buck.
I dunno about 'most bang for the buck', but suspension and brake upgrades sure make the car a blast to drive on the track. I agree that most people focus on HP and overlook handling.

ZR
06-17-2014, 08:17 AM
+1 on Don's advice, big gains in performance and ride with them up front, conventional springs work fine out back but coil overs are cool if the budget will allow.

1quikgt
06-24-2014, 05:13 PM
Seems like lowering springs in the rear will achieve what I'm looking for as well as be cheaper on the wallet.

I'm also looking to replace the ebrake cable and am curious where everyone jacks their car up from. The frame rails and pinch welds seem awfully flimsy on these cars. I was thinking jack under the k-member and stands on the outer edges of the k member?

ZR
06-24-2014, 06:01 PM
Quality SFC's provide a rock solid jack rail.

1quikgt
06-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Quality SFC's provide a rock solid jack rail.

Those are the first things on the list. Ebrake lines are a little rusty so they're starting to stick. Would the k member be ok for now to put the jack stands on?

RedSN
06-25-2014, 08:32 AM
http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt137/LX-Markham/jacking1.jpg