PDA

View Full Version : Trick Flow TFS-2500100 *UPDATE*

Slope
06-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Upon examining the contents of my recent purchase, it was noted that both the Intake and Exhaust retainers were Black. Having installed several of these kits over time, this to me did not look correct as I remember there being two different colours to differentiate between the Intake and Exhaust retainers.

Further to this, I consulted the instructions that came with the kit. It also stated that the Intake retainers should be Grey and the Exhaust retainers should be Black.

Now, these retainers came in two packages. One Zip-Lock-style bag that had a label which read: Intake, the other was another small baggie similar to a sandwich bag that was tied off at the top with NO label. In previous years, the retainers used to come on a shrink wrapped piece of cardboard with a bold label identifying which valve they were to be used for.

Thinking that there was an error in packaging, I gave Gregg at TrickFlow a call. He confirmed that all of the retainers for the E7/GT40 (non-P) heads are now Black. The instructions have not been amended yet to reflect the change in colour.

Just a heads-up for anyone who purchases one of these kits.

-Slope

Old Fart
06-18-2014, 07:45 PM
^^^mine came in like this as well...but I had an exhaust label. Still have not installed them yet!!:shrug:

ZR
06-18-2014, 11:34 PM
Good to know.