PDA

View Full Version : SN95 Air Conditiioning Question...

Snaketamer
08-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Last weekend on my way down to the 50th in the cobra decided to put the air on. It didn't agree with my plans. Tryed it in Normal and Max. Nothing. Just keep blowing tempid air.
Had not used the air since last season. Thought...oh oh...wondering if low on freon. Next day while leaving Ford HQ, I said to the wife, it's going to be a 'warm' ride home. Just for shits and giggles I hit the AC and wadya know...I hear the clutches on the compressor kick in the the idle on the car being slowed...next thing ya know, we had cold air blowing from the vents. Was an enjoyable ride home.

So now I'm thinking it's not low freon. Any suggestions? Could it be electrical or is it the compressor clutches? Will take it in and get it checked. Just wanna see if anyone has dealt with this before and was it painful? lol

Ponyryd
08-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Most of the time its the low pressure cutoff switch on the bottle, need a 17mm or 11/16" wrench to change it, usually they are mounted on the firewall on the pass side.

ZR
08-02-2014, 11:54 PM
+1, either the switch or connector.

Snaketamer
08-08-2014, 11:37 PM
Thanks, gentlemen...

I picked up the switch today and installed it. Took ten minutes to remove old one, clean pins, add di-electric grease and install.
Now the AC is blasting icy cold... awesome! :rockon:

ZR
08-09-2014, 12:49 AM
Nice easy fix.