PDA

View Full Version : Fall TRACK DAY - September 10, 2014 - Toronto Motorsports Park, Cayuga

Reon D
08-06-2014, 09:16 AM
We have had many questions regarding the next track day so we've gone ahead and made a plan.

Mark your calendars for Wednesday, SEPTEMBER 10, 2014. We have reserved Toronto Motorsports Park (both Drag Strip and Road Course) for the day. Give us a call to register at 905-837-7700, speak to Reon.

Drag Strip - $40.00
Road Course - $110.00
Both - $130.00

Prices are plus HST (sorry guys, have no choice)

There is a limit for the road course so be sure to secure your spot early!

See you there!!!

P - 905-837-7700

Stephen06GT
08-06-2014, 09:24 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZR
08-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Hell yes.
Can't thank Joe enough for his efforts to make it happen, you rock buddy.
As stated, road course has a max number of participants cap, book now to avoid disappointment..

WK Performance
08-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Awesome we ll be there .

Reon D
08-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Please note as well:
In the event of Rain, The Road Course will be run no matter what so if you're planning on running slicks, please make sure you have streetable tires as a back up. The Drag Strip will be rescheduled for another day if needed. The only refunds for this event are for those participating in the drag strip and the rescheduled date doesn't work.

Thanks,
Reon

ZR
08-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the updates.........you gonna be there this time?
Wanna hear you scream when I take ya for a lap or three.

Stephen06GT
08-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Done! I called Matt and reserved my spot on the road course, and emailed the boss to book the day off from work.

ZR
09-03-2014, 07:28 AM
Track day is getting close, got your spot reserved?

twin57cobra
09-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Gotta find out Monday if I'm off Wednesday, if so I will be booking for the drag strip!

superstiles
09-05-2014, 06:50 AM
was planning on going had the day booked off helment borrowed,unfortunatly my motor decided to go south last sunday!! i'm so dissapointed!!! grrrrr!

Reon D
09-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Just a friendly reminder, if you haven’t already signed up for Track Day next week, there’s STILL TIME! Give us a call to secure a spot for you and your friends. Join us at Toronto Motorsports Park in Cayuga, Ont. for high speeds, tight corners and LOTS and LOTS of SMOKIN’ RUBBER!

Cheers,
Reon

BTW - Rick, not sure if I'll be there for this one. I may be flying solo at the shop.

ZR
09-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Be cool if you could make, got a spot reserved for ya.

baddbullitt
09-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Really wish I could make this.. I'm out of vacation days :( I'd love nothing more than to try the S4 out on the RC!!!
I need to win the lotto so I can retire and race full time!!! lol

ZR
09-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Pretty sure you have a nasty cough coming on Mark, can hear it from Scarberia.

TheMustangShow
09-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Really wish I could make this.. I'm out of vacation days :( I'd love nothing more than to try the S4 out on the RC!!!
I need to win the lotto so I can retire and race full time!!! lol

Just bring the fckn' thing out…

Gonna be a blast!

Slick_89_Hatch
09-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Day is booked off and im calling Reon now to register!

twin57cobra
09-09-2014, 03:13 PM
See you guys there!

Stephen06GT
09-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Day is booked off and im calling Reon now to register!

Excellent!

See you guys there!

One more sleep!!

ZR
09-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Personal thanks to Joe, Val, Reon and everyone at DaSilva Racing for making this happen. It was an amazing day, thankfully mother nature held off till late in the day with the rain.

twin57cobra
09-17-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm actually really disappointed in the track's condition. I asked before I committed to paying if the track would be prepped and that I was bringing an 8 second car. The answer was yes. When I got to the track I was told by the track official that they were only paid to prep to the 330. I almost lost my car at over 156mph. I'm not impressed and will never attend another track day...not worth my life!

TheMustangShow
09-17-2014, 09:54 PM
I'm actually really disappointed in the track's condition. I asked before I committed to paying if the track would be prepped and that I was bringing an 8 second car. The answer was yes. When I got to the track I was told by the track official that they were only paid to prep to the 330. I almost lost my car at over 156mph. I'm not impressed and will never attend another track day...not worth my life!

That's some scary shit, glad you kept it straight.

I saw you run, you have very quick ride.

Darkhorse
09-18-2014, 08:57 AM

There is a rental coming up in Sparta soon where they will have 7 second cars and they are paying big dollars to prep the entire 1320 - FYI. NO STREET TIRES welcome.

I think Crash and a few others are attending.

I saw a couple of your vid passes going 154mph, that's haulin' in a jelly bean vert no less! Respect!

Stephen06GT
09-18-2014, 10:40 AM
There is a rental coming up in Sparta soon where they will have 7 second cars and they are paying big dollars to prep the entire 1320 - FYI. NO STREET TIRES welcome.

I saw a couple of your vid passes going 154mph, that's haulin' in a jelly bean vert no less! Respect!

Can someone please explain the problem that street tires cause on the track?

Intmdtr
09-18-2014, 01:06 PM
Street tires don't get very good traction and they spin....rips up all the compound that gets laid down for the slick cars.

Most people with street tires launch their cars and think "peeling out" is cool when in reality it is quite detrimental for those not on street tires.

Intmdtr
09-18-2014, 01:07 PM

Any idea when this day is?

Darkhorse
09-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Any idea when this day is?

I had heard it was the 26th, but I'm not involved and I'm not attending so check with Crash?

Intmdtr
09-18-2014, 02:01 PM
damn thats quick....i am on nights anyway. dangit.

ZR
09-18-2014, 06:02 PM
Sorry to hear you had trouble, nice job on keeping it between the walls.
On a side note, odd day for traction. Combo of cool temps, mondo breeze and high humidity, road course was one slippery n fun sob. Know that ain't cool on the strip but just sayin.

twin57cobra
09-18-2014, 10:49 PM
That's some scary shit, glad you kept it straight.

I saw you run, you have very quick ride.

Thanks man.

Pretty sure Sparta is 1/8 mile only?? Can't remember what they said about the cut off for who gets to run the 1/4 but I was told 1/8 mile only???

Sorry to hear you had trouble, nice job on keeping it between the walls.
On a side note, odd day for traction. Combo of cool temps, mondo breeze and high humidity, road course was one slippery n fun sob. Know that ain't cool on the strip but just sayin.

To be honest, I never complain. I've gone on crappy cool days and with the proper track prep the car drives straight like a Cadillac. The first words that came out of the track officials mouth when he saw me was "I hope you're not planning on setting the world on fire?" lol. So I knew it was going to be a crap day. Then I asked him if it was safe to go down and he shrugged his shoulders and said "try it". So my first pass, at the top of 1st the car made a violent right turn and I went from the left lane into the right. But I managed to keep it from hitting the wall. The next 2 passes it blew the tires off 100 feet out. Then I ramped the boost in slowly and got it to go down but around the 1000 foot mark it broke loose and I managed to keep it from hitting anything and went a 9.0 at 157. I was just a little ticked because I was told "they were only paid to prep to the 330" so that kinda pissed me off. I'd rather be told not to come then to risk my life. I was just a little frustrated but I'll get over it. lol