PDA

View Full Version : Octane in a can?

Stephen06GT
08-11-2014, 02:37 PM
I saw one of their representatives on a Power Block show on Spike the other day. Race Gas racing fuel concentrate is formulated to increase the octane rating of regular 87 unleaded to 100-105 octane. Has anyone here used or heard about this?

http://race-gas.com/

B-blown
08-11-2014, 03:58 PM
just checked it out and fired them an e-mail with a list of questions so we shall see what they say Stephen

Stephen06GT
08-11-2014, 04:13 PM
just checked it out and fired them an e-mail with a list of questions so we shall see what they say Stephen

Looking forward to their response. If it works as advertised it sure would be convenient.

B-blown
08-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Looking forward to their response. If it works as advertised it sure would be convenient.

especially for us guys up north that can`t get race fuel readily and still want to street drive our turbo junk

RedSN
08-11-2014, 04:54 PM
The various components of crude oil have different sizes, weights and boiling temperatures; so, the first step is to separate these components. Because they have different boiling temperatures, they can be separated easily by a process called fractional distillation.

Sometimes, the structures of molecules in one fraction are rearranged to produce another. Commonly, this is done using a process called alkylation. In alkylation, low molecular weight compounds, such as propylene and butylene, are mixed in the presence of a catalyst such as hydrofluoric acid or sulfuric acid (a by-product from removing impurities from many oil products). The products of alkylation are high octane hydrocarbons, which are used in gasoline blends to reduce knocking.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/energy/oil-refining.htm/printable

Acid in a can? :shrug:

WHRDUGO
08-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Torco is what you need to look into

Tailites
08-11-2014, 09:45 PM
if you would spend a little time researching what it takes to improve octane in gasoline

you would never believe any of this hype..

Tailites
08-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Torco is what you need to look into

good post btw..

SVOMACH1
08-12-2014, 08:21 AM
I've used Torco Race Fuel Concentrate in my old Cobra and it worked awesome. I still have 5 cans but no car requiring it anymore.