PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know this car?

StAnger
01-16-2015, 08:46 AM
Just saw this on Kijiji from Windsor. It looks like a good deal, and I have a 5 liter that was supposed to go into the LSC.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/windsor-area-on/1990-msutang-lx-foxbody/1045140447?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Cancermasher
01-16-2015, 08:53 AM
Doesn't look too bad from the photos

StAnger
01-16-2015, 08:54 AM
Doesn't look too bad from the photos

Neither did my LSC. lol

Cancermasher
01-16-2015, 08:56 AM
Well you definitely can't go just by the photos of course, but if I were looking for a roller, that one would be worth a look.

Laffs
01-16-2015, 09:57 AM
I know exactly where those photos were taken.....also "Msutang"

Coated floors concern me, never know what mess is being hidden.

ZR
01-16-2015, 11:40 AM
With no engine in the way to hide rust, ton easier to spot a problem.
Sure does sound n look good in the pics.

svo1990mustang
01-16-2015, 11:42 AM
Looks like it's already convertered to 5 bolt too

ZR
01-16-2015, 11:54 AM
Must be, waffle wheels on it.
Great deal if it's even 1/2 decent.

StAnger
01-16-2015, 01:30 PM
It might be worth going to look at it, though I'm going to take someone who knows Fox bodies.

Ponyryd
01-16-2015, 07:44 PM
I know exactly where those photos were taken.....also "Msutang"

Coated floors concern me, never know what mess is being hidden.

Looks like my old hood, actuakly I'm quite sure that is my old neighbours house.......they really let it go to shit.

I see an auto trans and no wiring harness.........also no 5.0 badges, maybe a 4 cyl car? Decent deal depending how much work it needs.

StAnger
01-16-2015, 09:44 PM
Looks like my old hood, actuakly I'm quite sure that is my old neighbours house.......they really let it go to shit.

I see an auto trans and no wiring harness.........also no 5.0 badges, maybe a 4 cyl car? Decent deal depending how much work it needs.

It doesn't come with a wiring harness, which might be a little pricey/difficult to get. As for the slush box, I might be able to get a deal on one, though I'd still need to source a set of pedals.

QWKRN-U
01-16-2015, 10:15 PM
Looks like a 4 banger brake booster... Not that it matters, a clean roller is a clean roller.

Slope
01-16-2015, 10:17 PM
Looks like a 4 banger brake booster... Not that it matters, a clean roller is a clean roller.

Amen to that!

StAnger
01-16-2015, 10:55 PM

Brake booster is easily changed, especially if it's changed at the same time as the pedals.

Ponyryd
01-17-2015, 12:08 AM
Wasn't saying its not clean, just pointing out that the negatives are adding up quick, I could list more if you really want.
So figure you gotta come to windsor, with a truck and trailer (fuel$ +++), then even if you get the car and get it home it will take a LOT of work to get it how you want, not to mention money.....it may be easier to find a closer one, or a more complete one. Decent deal for sure, but it depends what you want it for.

QWKRN-U
01-17-2015, 08:13 AM
I agree with Ponyryd, unless you have some place to work on it and can do most of the work your self, you will end up with more money in it than you could buy a clean running driving car for. If you have the space and the time... then by all means go for it.

StAnger
01-17-2015, 11:04 AM
I'm sure having a place to work on it wouldn't be a big deal, but it would have to wait until spring. Therefore, I would have to find a place to store it until then, which shouldn't be too hard.

Of course, if I were smart I would just buy something that is already drivable.

Ponyryd
01-17-2015, 03:14 PM
If you're truly interested in the car me or Laffs or both of us could probably go take a look for you to save you all the time and money.........
Are you intending to swap all your LSC stuff into this car? In that case you would only need a clean shell since most of your stuff would work for the swap, your wiring harness should even work. But keep in mind, any of the time/money you think it will take to get it how you want it-you will want to double that estimate.

StAnger
01-17-2015, 09:13 PM
I got rid of the LSC a couple months ago, but still have the motor that was going to go in it.

Honestly it's the cost of putting the car together that's holding me back. Operating on the hypothesis that it's an original 4 banger, then I would have to assume it'll need to be converted to a V8 fuel system, on top of that I'd have to get a complete exhaust system, an intake (at least an upper), and other misc. parts to complete the swap; there's also the question you brought up about what is hiding under the POR15 and I'm a little gun shy about stuff like that. So as excited as I got when I originally saw the ad, I think it might be wise to pass on this one. I would more than likely be better off picking up a Trailblazer or a Crown Vic.