PDA

View Full Version : Ottawa looking to push for an actual tint regulation law.

JonsMustang
03-11-2015, 10:10 AM
http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?clipId=567504

They have a machine that can actually tell you how much light can get through the window. They want to say you can only go as dark as factory tint which lets 70% light through. Any less & it's a $110 & no more officer discretion. Would suck for sure.

Stephen06GT
03-11-2015, 10:27 AM
Swell. :sarcasm:

ZR
03-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Economy continues to spiral out of control and they are working on a tint law, please tell me it's a joke.

RedSN
03-11-2015, 10:46 AM
silver lining (if there is one): no more "officers discretion"

Not4you
03-11-2015, 11:13 AM
I completely understand this from a Police safety perspective and have heard a few cop friends comment on this before. by why not implement a law that says, once pulled over you must lower all windows? Maintains the focus on Police safety without the potential cash-grab that is likely to happen when they pull you over for having tint in the first place.

ZR
03-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Many of the police cars we saw in Florida had tint darker vs what we know is legal here. Number of cars cruizin with dark tint, huge. Not just tuners or the usual suspect, maw n paw antique getting out of their Crown Vic with dark tint. With the kind of summer temps we are seeing most summers, only going to see more peeps wanting to keep them on the darker side.
Matt, great idea. When pulled over in my own car, windows are always down before I even come to a full stop. Do the same at border crossings.

Not4you
03-11-2015, 11:34 AM
yeah, southern states do it so that shit in their cars doesnt melt. pretty much getting the same way here now too.

Ray721
03-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Tint on my 06 was DARK and I was pulled over 4 times. Tint was never a problem. Why? Windows down and don't be a dick. I will never remove my tint. I'd sooner pack up and get the fuck out of here.

Intmdtr
03-11-2015, 11:52 AM
I had dark tint on my 94 ranger in NB. Pulled over a few times, never an issue with the cops. Sold it to a young guy, 2 days later got he pulled over for speeding and they made him remove the tint right there at roadside.....came back to me wanting money reimbursed....kicked him to the curb.

RedSN
03-11-2015, 12:25 PM
With the kind of summer temps we are seeing most summers, only going to see more peeps wanting to keep them on the darker side.
You're going to play the Global Warming Card? Really?

Come on, we tint our windows because it looks cool, the darker the better.

ZR
03-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Absolutely.

http://zpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Global-Warming-2.gif

KIDAGIN
03-11-2015, 12:29 PM
Is there no ends to this madness

Stephen06GT
03-11-2015, 12:30 PM
I'm going to buy shares in this. 'Cause when they get it perfected I'll be rich I tell ya, RICH!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWEa7Z01lXQ

RedSN
03-11-2015, 12:32 PM
^^that doesn't look like tint, it just looks like a dirty window.

TurboFox
03-11-2015, 12:33 PM
$110? Really. go ahead and fine me..not worth my time.

Stephen06GT
03-11-2015, 12:34 PM
^^that doesn't look like tint, it just looks like a dirty window.

It's a prototype, it'll get better.

ZR
03-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Problem is, just like a ticket for no front plate, ins co's are tracking n considering a minor conviction.

TheMustangShow
03-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Looks like someone got Wined and Dined by the company that makes that meter.

Just another cash grab, this will give the cops another avenue for supplementary tickets after the initial stop.

The LEFTIES will love this shat, FREE MEN, not so much.

Armen
03-11-2015, 01:49 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/armenk2000/Misc/GFTG1_zps8034c64f.jpg

Armen
03-11-2015, 02:20 PM
The LEFTIES will love this shat, FREE MEN, not so much.

Considering the draconian Stunt/Street Racing law was tabled by the provincial Conservative party, that's quite a statement.

http://www.frank-klees.on.ca/CurrentIssues/StreetRacing.htm

hsousa88
03-11-2015, 04:01 PM
You're going to play the Global Warming Card? Really?

Come on, we tint our windows because it looks cool, the darker the better.

I tinted my fox ONLY because of the heat... and it made a huge difference in temps.

I got pulled over 4 times with my last DD because of the tints, only got a ticket on the 4th pullover :)

NickD
03-11-2015, 11:35 PM
Considering the draconian Stunt/Street Racing law was tabled by the provincial Conservative party, that's quite a statement.

Yeah but that was created to possibly save lives, this not so much......

When I was in collage commuting 30 min+ a day to school I decided to buy a nice comfy sebring, it had huge windows like a green house and were at like 30 degree angles. I remember being on the DVP one day in the heat of the summer, stuck in back to back traffic I normally always am a windows down guy but it was so hot I had the air on full and recirculate, with all the windows the car kept rising in temp, at that point I said windows are getting done.
Did a bunch of research and ended up going to a place in markham (im from burlington and my school was in hamilton) because they offered a higher end Ceramic tint that had high 90% heat rejection and 99% UV etc
Middle age lady getting her car done convinced me to get 15% 17% actual light transmission (they only offered the ceramic in like 35 and 15 at that time) It absolutely changed the car, it almost never got hot even after being left out in the sun the interior looks like the day I bought it, its great. Never been pulled over for it cross the border all the time no issues and the like 5 times I have been pulled over in it no one said a thing.

I am friends with several police officers and have asked several more and all say "They need to be able to positively identify the driver while driving a car width away" some have specified being able to tell if male or female etc basically they want to see if you are waving around a gun for their safety.
I now have 35% (again the special ceramic stuff) in the mustang and cant see why anyone would have an issue with the law being maybe 20%

Armen
03-11-2015, 11:45 PM
Yeah but that was created to possibly save lives, this not so much......

Why it may have been created and what it's actually accomplished are two different things.

TheMustangShow
03-12-2015, 12:39 AM

Klees, who tabled that law, was a Bogus Conservative and agree I it's a joke, any law, that meters out penalty before due process is.

Klees paid the price; he tried for Hudak's job after his legislation and Failed to become leader of the PC Party and later on he tried basically to cross the floor, during the Liberal Minority Gov. tenure.

It took a while, but Klees was run out of the Conservative Caucus and then announced he would not be running for office again and thankfully has disappeared.

Regrettably, his absurd Law remains.

Frank Klees = Benedict Arnold

ZR
03-12-2015, 08:14 AM
Blood boils even hearing his name.

tulowd
03-12-2015, 08:26 AM
explains why the new tint I got put on the truck last week by Summit Ford is not as dark as my 04 done there when new. I totally agree that darker ceramic tints make a huge diff on interior temps, as does the colour of the vehicle. Cop safety is a legitimate concern; the meter could at least keep the deal consistent, as long as it is reasonable number they legislate and adhere to. Bogus "same as factory" is bullshit - needs to be some specific number with an SAE style standard set.

I would prefer they fuck off with any new laws like this and instead figure out how to better train new drivers lic holders and all those asshat truck drivers that need to pull into the passing lane and take 4 km to pass the other truck going 1 km/hr slower.

TurboFox
03-12-2015, 09:26 AM
15% here boys