PDA

View Full Version : CHINESE 6 PC HEADLIGHTS?

juvehab
03-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Ok so I ordered the stock 6 pc headlights from AM of course they are made in china. If anyone of you guys have used them did you seal the headlights prior to putting them on to avoid water getting in them? If so what did you use?

Thanks in advance

hsousa88
03-20-2015, 05:06 PM
I used some clear RV silicone, they actually aren't that bad for the money.

tulowd
03-20-2015, 06:49 PM
all that crap comes out of Taiwan or China. If you silicone seal them properly before they get wet you might be ok. Likely to go yellow from the UV, just like the garbage OEM stuff, lol

hsousa88
03-20-2015, 06:50 PM
all that crap comes out of Taiwan or China. If you silicone seal them properly before they get wet you might be ok. Likely to go yellow from the UV, just like the garbage OEM stuff, lol

The 1pc you have on your vert look promising.. possible future mod for me.

tulowd
03-20-2015, 08:07 PM
The 1pc you have on your vert look promising.. possible future mod for me.

Mine are made in Taiwan and needed siliconing; still leak if you spray the headlights directly. I only waterwash the car once a year so it doesn't matter. Had to die griend the back of the bumper cover headlight panel to make these fit - still need to aim them properly. I do have a Cervini Stalker front bumper cover, so not sure if the OEM has the same issue.

hsousa88
03-20-2015, 08:39 PM
How is the visibility at night vs. the stockers? I have all Sylvania bulbs and feel like I'm still using the high beams to often.

Das 5.0
03-20-2015, 10:40 PM
I put them in last year, they are okay but not overly impressed. No leaks yet and no yellow yet as well.

tulowd
03-20-2015, 10:45 PM
How is the visibility at night vs. the stockers? I have all Sylvania bulbs and feel like I'm still using the high beams to often.

Reflector quality and light output is way better than stock. With the good bulbs you are likely going to get 2x the output.