PDA

View Full Version : 2015 mustang ecoboost?

aries
05-29-2015, 11:38 AM
hi TMC,

im a newbie here and am looking to get my first mustang...
i've set my eyes on the 2.3 ecoboost 6-speed manual since im coming from the tuner world..
looking to hear advice from you guys, ie which ford dealer would you recommend to deal with? im from hamilton.
for the 2.3 what would you chose between fastback and convertible? i would assume the fastback would have better handling over convertible.
anyone from this forum has one already and would like to share some opinion?
any input would be appreciated!
thanks!

Stephen06GT
05-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Welcome to the TMC. We have two dealers that are TMC partners and either of them will be able to help you.

ZR
05-29-2015, 12:37 PM
We've got Heritage Ford (ask for Bill) + Parkway Ford as club sponsors. Personally, would base my decision on a known to be reliable dealer vs who is closer to me.
Welcome to the club.

70XR7
05-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Right. It's worth the drive if you're getting an honest and good dealership.
as for your 2 choices, i'm a fan of the fastback. Keeps the lines of the car as the designer originally had sketched out. I know there's an ecoboost owner or two in here. Where are you folks?

aries
05-29-2015, 01:12 PM
thanks for the info, i would definitely not mind a longer drive for a right deal.

aries
05-29-2015, 01:15 PM
would be waiting for the ecoboost owners to chime in some first hand experience

ZR
05-29-2015, 03:00 PM
You been to a dealer yet to test drive the EB version?
To me, best place to start.

ZR
05-29-2015, 04:19 PM
Looks like Heritage has at least two Ecoboost in stock.

http://heritageford.ca/view/new-2015-ford-mustang-62718

ZR
05-29-2015, 04:22 PM
Several other '15s listed here.

http://heritageford.ca/search/make/Ford/model/Mustang

Canadian Bacon
05-29-2015, 04:33 PM
You should PM geokots. He's had one for a few months and done some mods.

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?4798-New-S550-member&highlight=ecoboost

aries
05-29-2015, 04:33 PM
thanks for the input, i will definitely go for a test drive, but i always tend to do more homework before hopping into the driver seat to make sure i know what im looking at or what i should be watching out for... especially curious how the car perform after break-in.

geokots
05-31-2015, 01:08 AM
You should PM geokots. He's had one for a few months and done some mods.

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?4798-New-S550-member&highlight=ecoboost

I'd love to help if I can.
I have a 2015 EB fastback manual. Picked her up Oct. 31 last year so going on 7 months. to me the fastback is the better choice but I understand the appeal for verts.

I got her at Yonge Steeles ford but can't recommend them. if you're just looking for price and service somewhere else then check them out. their pricing is aggressive but their service is terrible.

Gallinger, here in Milton has been good to work with for service. they're also right beside Steeda.

if you go through my thread that CanadianBacon posted you'll see my mods.
to summarize, Bama race tune, JLT CAI, Solo Performance Exhaust, American Muscle rims, wider tires (staggered), plus a few visual mods

plan to upgrade the intercooler, couple braces and stripes. might lower her but she is my daily driver including winter so might skip that.

enjoy your EB. they're great and really embraced by the aftermarket suppliers.

r-model
06-01-2015, 08:34 AM
You should also checkout www.mustang6g.com the best place for any info on the S550's :-)

aries
06-03-2015, 11:18 AM
hi Geokots, thanks for the input, i've gone through your thread and looks like you are enjoying the ride! i have a question regarding the factory turbo, some reviews that i read on line says it's lacking the power on the top end, how do you feel about it? i know it has great low end torque, but they say after 5500 rpm, it tapers down....

aries
06-03-2015, 11:19 AM
thanks for the info, i have never heard about this before, sounds like something worth checking it out! appreciate that !

aries
06-03-2015, 11:20 AM
great info! thank you! will definitely do more research!

geokots
06-03-2015, 08:18 PM
hi Geokots, thanks for the input, i've gone through your thread and looks like you are enjoying the ride! i have a question regarding the factory turbo, some reviews that i read on line says it's lacking the power on the top end, how do you feel about it? i know it has great low end torque, but they say after 5500 rpm, it tapers down....

Yes what you read is true. The power is ok up high but it definitely excels between 2500 and 5000. Above that it starts to drop.
For anyone buying the EB I highly recommend getting a tune. I went with Bama but Cobb is also a great choice. I got the Bama together with JLT CAI. For $1K it make a huge difference. Down low is even better but up high greatly improved. It feels like a new car and drives the way it should. It adds significantly more torque and some more hp but it's how much higher the hp is taken that makes the difference.

r-model
06-05-2015, 09:13 AM
You should also go to www.mustang6g.com for any and all information about the '15's

billcaitken
06-05-2015, 05:54 PM
I do have a couple here in both auto and manual trans, feel free to message or email me with any questions baitken@heritageford.ca

NickD
06-20-2015, 10:22 PM
After hearing several of the eco boosts on Fri night I am really liking them, can some of you post vids of your cars with mods an dyno numbers if you have them.

geokots
06-21-2015, 05:44 PM
After hearing several of the eco boosts on Fri night I am really liking them, can some of you post vids of your cars with mods an dyno numbers if you have them.

Solo Performance will be doing a video of mine. Right now I have the cat-back but the cat and remaining pipe will be replaced soon.
We're just trying to set a date for the vid.