PDA

View Full Version : Tokico Adjustable Dampers...

Stephen06GT
07-11-2015, 11:46 AM
I bought a complete set of springs (Steeda) and dampers (Tokico D-Spec Adjustable)from Scott a couple of years ago when he switched to an air suspension. Until today I was running them at a midway between full hard and soft (3.5 turns on the adjuster from full hard). Well, with the TMC Cruise to the Races happening toady, I figured it was time to back them down a little for a more enjoyable cruse experience. So after a visit to the local car wash Celeste and I set about adjusting the dampers. Ol Paint is now running 5 turns from full hard. The difference between 5 and 3.5 turns is quite noticeable. Little stutter bumps on the way into our neighborhood feel like they no longer exist. I'm really looking forward to the cruise, and to the next track day when I plan to crank the dampers up a litte to see how the change affects the handling on the road course.

Ray721
07-11-2015, 12:40 PM
That's great to hear. I'll be putting adjustable Konis on mine hopefully sooner than later.

I've been super hesitant doing suspension in my 14 because when I did my 06 it rode like poo.

fast Ed
07-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Most good shocks like that can be run pretty soft for street driving, great ride but still controlled damping.

cheers
Ed

allicedout
07-15-2015, 12:07 AM
I'll be putting adjustable Konis on mine hopefully sooner than later

Looks like I'll be going this route sooner then I anticipated as well.....

Uncle Buck
07-15-2015, 12:10 PM
I've been toying with the idea of changing up my suspension and selling my Koni adjustable sports once the summer is over. PM me if interested and if timing works