PDA

View Full Version : Convertible - Pros and Cons

Not4you
07-28-2015, 04:24 PM
I was talking with someone at a meet recently about convertibles and wanted to hear other opinions. I have never owned one, and think I may have only been in one a time or two. So I have no experience.

So, convertible owners past and present what are the Pros and Cons of owning a vert? Are you in the "nothing beats top down cruising" camp or the "fuck that, the direct sun is brutal" point of view?? Somewhere in the middle?

http://saleenforums.soec.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=6411&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1358364003

Slick_89_Hatch
07-28-2015, 04:27 PM
SN95 Saleen Vert...mmmm....i've been a few and they are Hot as Fck on a day like today...but when the sun starts to go down there is nothing like it!
Favourite time is at night when it's warm. I've debated getting a vert several times as well.

RedSN
07-28-2015, 04:46 PM
CON : messes up your hair
http://cdn.na16.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/donald-trump-hair.jpg

PRO: messes up your wife's hair

BIG CON: need roll bar :(

Armen
07-28-2015, 04:47 PM
I've had an 87 GT vert, a 2012 GT vert and now this 2015 GT vert.

I wasn't really into my 87 vert. I had it for a short while and it just didn't cut it for me. I stayed away from verts for a long time after that because I just didn't think they were my thing.

2012... Picked up that black 2012 from Heritage and I loved it right off the bat. Did some styling mods to it and it was one of the sharpest cars I've had. It took the Boss to trade it.

Now back in the saddle and I test drove a coupe and almost bought it. But when it came time, I really wanted to be able to enjoy those summer night cruises. And I have been. I've got almost 1700kms on the odo after just over a week.

Nice summer days where there is a mix of sun and cloud and maybe a high of 24/25 is very nice too. But the summer nights... They're the best.

And it's best to have a good working a/c system too to compensate. My current car also has cooled seats which really help out.

You can go for a boot in mine, Matt the next time we meet up and you can see if you like it.

95GT_VERT
07-28-2015, 04:49 PM
I have a 95 GT vert and i LOVE it...top down with sunscreen and no shirt is the bomb...mind you i live in an area with long country roads. i dont have A/C but the breeze is awesome

Canuckcleaner
07-28-2015, 04:57 PM
I've never owned a vert or a mustang until I bought the one I have now. IMO they are a blast and if you get to hot put the top up and kick the A/C. The beauty part about the vert is that if you have kids and they enjoy your car it's easy to get them in and out with the cars seats.

Nsty04SVT
07-28-2015, 05:10 PM
I've owned a vert and rented several...as a few have stated nothing beats cruising during a summer evening with the top down.

Personally I would still go with a coupe as it just fits me better for track days and drag racing.

Maybe rent one for a weekend Matt and give it a whirl the new 2015's look killer in a drop top.

KIDAGIN
07-28-2015, 05:15 PM
I am in the "nothing beats top down cruising" camp.
I love my Vert and I would buy another in a heart beat.
I have A/C for the summer months (even put it on with top down) that's how I came home from the stampede was very comfortable.
Got heat and heated seats for the cooler fall days.
I have driven top down when it was 8 degrees out I have the wind screen in the light bar and when you put all the windows up it will keep you toasty inside.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg162/niptuck111/IMG_7876_zpsekghrye2.jpg (http://s248.photobucket.com/user/niptuck111/media/IMG_7876_zpsekghrye2.jpg.html)

Laffs
07-28-2015, 05:25 PM
Its great for cruising on evenings or nights, or days when you can deal with sun. If you want to build a track or drag car its not ideal (im sure tulowd will argue here lol)

Also if you dont like squeeks and rattles don't get one, the chassis will eventually twist and you will have leaks from the top at some point.

For a second car or third car its cool to have, would never ever buy one as a DD unless its a hard folding top.

92redragtop
07-28-2015, 05:56 PM
I am in the "nothing beats top down cruising" camp.
I love my Vert and I would buy another in a heart beat.
I have A/C for the summer months (even put it on with top down) that's how I came home from the stampede was very comfortable.

I'm in this camp also - grew up in the Caribbean so love the sun and heat and we only get 3-4 months here if we're lucky so that's how I make the most of it. If/when it gets too hot (usually only if sitting in traffic and not moving) then put the top up and turn on the A/C. I think most verts come with A/C? if you want to race it then best to stay away unless you're prepared to do the mods.

shakin
07-28-2015, 05:56 PM
I've owned cars with sunroofs, moonroofs, t-tops, removable hardtop, bikini top, soft top, and convertibles. For a Mustang I prefer the convertible, but the fastback style also calls out to me.
Out of the vehicles with modified roofs, the fabric style convertible that I have on my 2013 Mustang is the best of the bunch. It doesn't leak(yet?) although I don't expect it to. It does squeak/rattle a tiny bit over rough roads when the top is up.
The a/c can be used on days like today when I was motoring with the top down. As has been said, evening cruises are the bomb. For daytime running, keep sunscreen and a hat as well as a few towels in the trunk. (towels to cover the seats when they are in the sun and you are parked). I haven't tried the new Mustang seats with cooling so can't say anything about them.
I really like the idea of roof/ no roof at your demand and my car is just a Summer only vehicle. I thought it tracked well at TMP, but I'm sure the solid roof version can be tweaked way better.
I'm very happy with mine.

NickD
07-28-2015, 07:02 PM
When I started looking for a mustang I considered a vert and decided against it as I wanted to be able to track the car and most rules you need a rollbar.
That said my next toy will be a convertible, but probably a slower comfortable car, a friend of mine had a sending convertible and it was great

tulowd
07-28-2015, 07:20 PM
Here is my take on the vert vs solid roof conversation, having owned all three styles

hard top coupe = stiffest chassis
sunroof = fail, so no debate there
T roof = pretty cool until you lose or break a glass panel; chassis is noticeably weaker
vert = nothing like it when driving topless, the car also usually looks better than the hard top; on a Fox it's because the windshield is slanted back 4* more and the roof is also a little lower; chassis is not as stiff unless you buy a modern higher end car designed as a 'vert to start; heavier ttl mass; more squeaks and rattles and leaks
usually better F/R weight distribution; smaller trunk;
lower headroom which is a drag with a helmet or if you are tall

Some other comments:

All older convertibles leak, whether its a Porsche or Fox, so that will affect the condition of the chassis and interior
newer models also have headliners, cloth roofs and fit much better; thus are much quieter as well
Newer verts are much closer to the hard top in terms of comfort and performance
The modern hard top folding convertibles are awesome - like BMW 3 series - best of both worlds

Verts always cost more money to buy and maintain/repair - a new roof covering can start at $ 2000; an entire setup incl mechanism would be triple that

I was looking to buy a coupe for my current project and the G/F at the time suggested a vert. Looked at about 50 cars until I saw and bought my 87. It is really not much noisier or leakier than my 84 T roof car was. Way less trunk space of course, but its easier to put the roof up and down than to take the T roofs on and off and store/secure them.

It was hot as Hades driving it today, especially after parking it out in the sun during lunch - hot hot hot steering wheel. With the roof up and all the windows down, it is quite tolerable, even in traffic, even being triple black, and with all that engine heat from the stroker. Always have a hat and sunglasses for driving, even when it's cool or its cloudy.

Bottom line is that the age / era of the car will be the biggest factor in determining if it's (not) for you..... see what I did there ? lol

Have rented a few S197 verts and they are every bit as nice to live with as a hard top in my opinion.

If you plan on modding a 'vert; aka making it faster and handle better - bring lots of extra dough; ask me how I know this.

The roll bar issue is a two headed beast:
some insurance co's wont touch you with one
some/most events wont let you on without one

Once a bar is in the car, it will have a compromised interior, altho my son did use the back seat with the roll bar in my old T roof car when he was little.

The heat issue is really only relevant here in July/Aug. I typically put the top down in May and leave it down until Sept unless its raining or the asphalt is melting.
The cold and wind blowing is another issue entirely. I always wear glasses driving it, shooting glasses at night, because a lot of crap comes flying in - dust, insects etc and boy does that hurt the eyeballs. Newer cars have much better aero and I suspect its not as bad.

DUST/RAIN:
All verts get filthy inside about 15 minutes after you clean and detail it. This is a fact of life - any vert you see that's clean inside deserves a thumbs up, cause its a ton of work. The inside also fades much faster - especially the cheapo reproduction trim parts - everything goes pale or purple. Look at the Corbeau rear seat cover I installed 3 summers ago - it was black - now its purple grey and they wont do anything about it.
If you leave the roof down, it will be more wet inside than if you forget the T roofs or sunroof, lol

SECURITY:
I usually leave it unlocked with the top down; if the windows are up, it is as secure as a hard top. Knifing the roof it isn't going to allow someone to get in thru all the framework but it would suck if the roof is damaged in any way shape or form. Besides a headliner, all Verts also need a well liner and retracted top cover to look complete. Most modern verts have this included - old ones usually not.

DRIVING ENGAGEMENT:
More stressful than a regular car with the roof down, as you can hear every noise on the road, including the bald tires and bad wheel bearing on the mini van half a mile up the highway - you only realize this after freaking out and thinking something is wrong with your own car; happens at least once or twice a day to me on the 401, lol. It is not really any louder than driving a hard top with the windows down in terms of buffeting or noise in my opinion.

I absolutely love driving mine, not only because it is highly personalized/modded/fast but also the enjoyment of open air motoring. My car is as quiet inside at 80 km/hr as standing in a quiet parking lot; so conversations and civil cruising remain an option, even with a ride as old and hot rodded as my 87. Make sure the exhaust system is decent, a really loud set up is much noisier inside a vert than a hard top.

If you require modern creature comforts and civility; S197 or S550 only in my opinion. Rent one for a weekend to taste the forbidden fruit.

There ya go.

PS: Real verts don't have A/C or heat; everyone else should wrap up their vaginas and hold on to their toupee.... lol

Not4you
07-28-2015, 09:20 PM
for those with young kids (mine are 7 and 3) - do they like riding in the back or is it too windy??

Canuckcleaner
07-28-2015, 09:33 PM
Mine daughters 3 and she loves it. The first time we went for a drive she actually fell asleep in the back. She has a ball cap she wears and she she wants to have fun with the wind she takes her hat off.

Gr8Stang
07-28-2015, 09:42 PM
I"ve owned a 99 35th anniversary edition vert & an 04 Cobra vert. Loved driving with the top down, as most here have also commented. Other than the fact it may require a new roof and are more difficult to get on a track (need proper roll bar), they are awesome to drive. And.....with the right exhaust system, you won't have to worry about the rest of the sounds around you. :).

Regarding back seat occupants, they will tend to get blown around a bit more, but I'd bet your kids would love it.

Ponyryd
07-28-2015, 10:15 PM
Kids would likely love it! But ya it's really only useful for nights or beginning/end of nice weather season, once it's hot, humid and the sun is out, I would always put the top up and a/c on, people told me I shouldn't have a vert because of that, I cared not. For you I doubt it would be a good option unless it's for a cruiser, vests aren't great to track as much as you do, they need a lot of stiffening and even then they aren't as solid as a coupe, not to mention the added weight.

ZR
07-28-2015, 10:34 PM
When I pulled the Cobra vert out in the early spring Ross and I loved cruising on cooler nights with the heat on kill, same for moderate evenings. Only took cruising on one hot day before I sold it.

MrTinkertrain
07-29-2015, 12:34 AM
Having a vert is like having 2 cars. My kids n their friends love it. Especially with nice sounding exhaust and a pounding system

Darkhorse
07-29-2015, 07:47 AM
Owning a vert is like owning a swimming pool. When it's that perfect day you simply can't replace the experience, but most of the other days, it matters little.

I never really drove my verts in the direct sunlight, between 4-9pm was always the best, and at night......along a certain street in Michigan.

70XR7
07-29-2015, 07:54 AM
Lot of comments here that I skimmed over. I've only been in 1 convertible in my life, and it was an embarrassing car to be in. I'm a car guy.. but there's some cars that I don't want to be associated with.

anyway..

For me, it's simple.

1.. verts weigh more. In the 2014s, it was roughly 130lbs more weight as compared to the coupe.

2.. unless it's designed without a roof in mind (Spyders, roadsters, etc), then you're losing the look if the car. A fastback becomes a brick.
They're fun, but design-wise, the artists behind the car considered the roofline as a part of the car's persona. Take that away, and you lose the stance and fast-looking aerodynamics. You're trading a fast look for a cruising look. It depends on which you want more.

But that's just it. When airflow isn't a focus of a car, then it can look better as a vert. 72 Eldorado, 69 Marquis, etc..

HyperGT
07-29-2015, 08:33 AM
Owned a s197 GT vert as a year round daily, loved itand would do it again. Fox vert is fun too, like others say great for cruising, no comparison for fun factor. Run ac and heat when needed, usually one of the two on with top down.
Kids, i did not like anyone under 10 in the back , if you ever get into a serious accident my fear was always they would get hurt more.
for the track , dont waste your time. While there are some great track cars , Paul your car is one of them, they are not ideal, heavier, less ridged and not as safe.
So it depends on what you want with it. For a driver , cruiser....nothing beats it.
For a track car, not ideal but can be made to perform.

looks, they look great! Get a saleen! Or buy mine lol

RedSN
07-29-2015, 08:56 AM
Matt: two car garage. Nuff said.

WTF
07-29-2015, 08:58 AM
the Morgan is not what I'd call a vert.....it's a roadster

top off...there is simply nothing like it...it's raw and an assault on all senses....you know everything going on around you because you can hear it, and you can see it in your peripheral

top up....it's hot, loud, nasty....and you can't see shit

Laffs
07-29-2015, 09:55 AM
the Morgan is not what I'd call a vert.....it's a roadster

top off...there is simply nothing like it...it's raw and an assault on all senses....you know everything going on around you because you can hear it, and you can see it in your peripheral

top up....it's hot, loud, nasty....and you can't see shit

I'm honestly of the belief most convertibles should be roadsters, I hate my car deeply with the roof up.

js197
07-29-2015, 09:58 AM
as long as you have a hat/sunglasses the direct sun really isnt that bad. you still have AC and will use it just as often as a hard top.

also note theres usually alot more clunking noises (from the windows/roof cables etc) that you dont get with a hard top. it annoys me on bumpy roads etc.

finally, get a wind deflector. I do not have one yet and want one bad. Sadly any that dont look like junk are expensive ($350 USD + Shipping)

If you get a S197 they are apparently one of the safest convertibles you can buy.

Biz
07-29-2015, 09:58 AM
I've had 13 Mustangs
2 of them were not verts including the last one.
Will NEVER make that mistake again.

Nothing and I mean nothing beats a top down summer evening cruise out of the city.

If it was my daily driver I'd still opt for the vert because on nice days you just drop the top and go.
During the day ya it can get hot but I never cared. I like warm weather :D

Laffs
07-29-2015, 10:22 AM
How could you daily a modded vert Biz? Mine with the lowered suspension and exhaust with the roof up is an unbearable drone and noise machine.

Also WHY THE FUCK DID I LET SOMEONE PUT SPHERICAL BUSHING LCA'S IN A VERT OMG THE CLUNKING.

johnny m
07-29-2015, 10:52 AM
for those with young kids (mine are 7 and 3) - do they like riding in the back or is it too windy??

My kids Love it ( 10 & 7 )
nothing beats cruising with the top Down.

http://www.gtamc.com/Events/2011/Dasilva2011/Album/Dasila%20Racing%20Show%20&%20Shine%20for%20Sick%20Kids%20-%202011/images/_0196.jpg

tulowd
07-29-2015, 10:54 AM
How could you daily a modded vert Biz? Mine with the lowered suspension and exhaust with the roof up is an unbearable drone and noise machine.

Also WHY THE FUCK DID I LET SOMEONE PUT SPHERICAL BUSHING LCA'S IN A VERT OMG THE CLUNKING.

That's the chassis disintegrating, the toplessness is a safety feature so you can bail before it starts a yard sale on the 401 at 100 mph, lol

Laffs
07-29-2015, 11:38 AM
I honestly feel that way some times, then I remember the stupid stupid LCA's

92redragtop
07-29-2015, 12:13 PM
as long as you have a hat/sunglasses the direct sun really isnt that bad. you still have AC and will use it just as often as a hard top.

also note theres usually alot more clunking noises (from the windows/roof cables etc) that you dont get with a hard top. it annoys me on bumpy roads etc.

finally, get a wind deflector. I do not have one yet and want one bad. Sadly any that dont look like junk are expensive ($350 USD + Shipping)

If you get a S197 they are apparently one of the safest convertibles you can buy.

Between the motor, supercharger, and music - I can't hear any rattles, squeeks, or clunking in mine.

Biz
07-29-2015, 03:40 PM

My next Stang will have very little mods :D

Laffs
07-29-2015, 03:51 PM
I'd guess GT350 but, no vert, so....idk.

Screw
07-29-2015, 05:21 PM

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?6364-S197-convertible-wind-deflector-from-quot-Love-the-Drive-quot
Here ya go

Laffs
07-29-2015, 08:09 PM
Well the thread in the classified makes sense now. Good luck man, love your car.

bluetoy
07-29-2015, 10:43 PM
I went from a Cobra coupe to a s197 vert. The Cobra made me want to drive it like I stole it. In the vert I just want to cruise.

This little video shot by my kid from the backseat pretty much sums it up for me.

http://vid67.photobucket.com/albums/h302/Bluetoy/car1_zpsq3ruqce5.mp4

Drtoronto
07-29-2015, 10:54 PM
It's a love it or hate it deal, I had a 88 vert and it was ok I just prefer the hard tops I like my air going and am not a big fan of the sun lol. At night there great but when it's like days like today f that lol.
Really it's up to you in the end

Ponyryd
07-29-2015, 11:16 PM

Goddamn street racers.

92redragtop
07-30-2015, 01:09 AM
Fun for the whole family:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/rimohamed/Chewie/PICT1476_zpsajzlu93t.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rimohamed/media/Chewie/PICT1476_zpsajzlu93t.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/rimohamed/Chewie/Chew2.bmp (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rimohamed/media/Chewie/Chew2.bmp.html)

pwrab
07-30-2015, 12:17 PM
I love my vert. My buddy only buys verts and he convinced me to try one.....(he's had a late 80's IROC and now a supercharged C6 vette).
I like a few minor mods, but not into drag racing or autoX'ing. For me, its a good cruiser. Apart from a specialty coupe (GT 350, etc-which I can't afford....), I'll only go vert.

ttpinto
07-30-2015, 10:26 PM
I had a 1984 convertible and loved it with the top down but up it was loud and made tons of noise. It drove me crazy. My 2013 is super quiet, best of both worlds. I test drove it in march and it was -20 and the car wasn't creaking and no wind noise on the 401. I was sold and bought it. If your buying a convertible get something newer or you might regret it, the road noise on older cars will take away from the ride.

stangstevers
07-31-2015, 11:58 AM
The older I get, the more I want one...

Not4you
07-31-2015, 12:07 PM

nailed it.

KIDAGIN
07-31-2015, 12:11 PM

ain't dat truth

Laffs
07-31-2015, 12:28 PM
Have you tried borrowing one or renting one Matt? Just to see.

Arboc
07-31-2015, 03:16 PM
I want to buy back my 96 Cobra vert. Period.

svo1990mustang
07-31-2015, 03:40 PM
Driven many verts over the years and it's just not for me. I don't mind being a passenger, but i could never own one to drive eveyday. It's just personal preferance, I like driving with the windows down, but not the top down.

Darkhorse
07-31-2015, 03:57 PM
I want to buy back my 96 Cobra vert. Period.

The Exhaust on that car was beyond epic. Best header flow sound ever.

HyperGT
07-31-2015, 04:11 PM
yes Kev that car was awesome. I remember you and me dragging on one of the first drag days against my red Dech (pre blower). Your cobra was super quick too for NA and as Cory said sounded insane. For some reason those NA DOHC cobras sound the best of the mod motors IMO.

Quicksilver
08-18-2015, 11:53 AM
I have had 5 Mustang verts. Without going into all the reasons fore and against, let me put it very simply: As long as I can afford to do it, I will NEVER buy a hardtop anything for myself.
My 14 vert, with light bar and wind screen, is an absolute delight to drive. It's my DD and I'm approaching 50,000 KM already.

Laffs
08-18-2015, 01:00 PM
Did you buy one yet Not4you?

Not4you
08-18-2015, 01:20 PM
Did you buy one yet Not4you?

not yet. just dealing with tire kickers and time wasters on my car. need to sell it first.

Rich-C
08-18-2015, 03:14 PM
After seeing a rollover into shallow water this year during a cruise, I decided that I don't really like verts anymore. The occupants survived that incident - they were in a coupe. I'm convinced that I would have been killed in that situation. That said, a roll cage would certainly help - but who wants a cage for a street car? Some other cons: chassis stiffness is greatly reduced, additional weight, additional maintenance (minor), body lines are broken (matter of opinion).

I must say though, cruising with the top down is fantastic.

Laffs
08-18-2015, 04:32 PM
After seeing a rollover into shallow water this year during a cruise, I decided that I don't really like verts anymore. The occupants survived that incident - they were in a coupe. I'm convinced that I would have been killed in that situation. That said, a roll cage would certainly help - but who wants a cage for a street car? Some other cons: chassis stiffness is greatly reduced, additional weight, additional maintenance (minor), body lines are broken (matter of opinion).

Sell me your Cobra then and buy a coupe, and I'll sell N4Y my vert. Everyone wins.

Not4you
08-18-2015, 05:04 PM
or cut out the middle man and I'll take his cobra and he can have my Mach1 ... done.

saleen27c
08-18-2015, 06:42 PM

Rich...I think Gary gave you one too many of those Lemon Beer Coolers! You love verts and you know it! Plus putting the roof down is the only way you fit in a Mustang! LOL

Don't you dare get rid of that Cobra! It's an official Woodward Traditional Cruiser!! LOL

Armen
08-18-2015, 06:44 PM

'New Dad' quote ^^^

Armen
08-18-2015, 06:45 PM
not yet. just dealing with tire kickers and time wasters on my car. need to sell it first.

Just tell Ghost Rider to go home.

Rich-C
08-18-2015, 07:55 PM
Rich...I think Gary gave you one too many of those Lemon Beer Coolers! You love verts and you know it! Plus putting the roof down is the only way you fit in a Mustang! LOL

Don't you dare get rid of that Cobra! It's an official Woodward Traditional Cruiser!! LOL
Lol u got me on the fitting in the car part

'New Dad' quote ^^^

Lol dammit its true. I certainly take a closer look at risky behaviour since rachel was born

Rich-C
08-18-2015, 07:57 PM
Sell me your Cobra then and buy a coupe, and I'll sell N4Y my vert. Everyone wins.

I like heinz's approach: For the right price, everything is for sale :p

Laffs
08-19-2015, 09:04 AM
or cut out the middle man and I'll take his cobra and he can have my Mach1 ... done.

Dammit.

Not4you
08-19-2015, 10:05 AM
Dammit.

Alright, fine. You can get back in the deal. Just as soon as you paint your car Torch Red, or white, or silver, or ...

Laffs
08-19-2015, 10:14 AM
Anything but noir?

RedSN
08-19-2015, 10:45 AM
something about a black convertible. I think bright hues dont work as well on the convertibles.
there ya go.

Laffs
08-19-2015, 10:50 AM
Dont even remember saying that...

MUSTANGWOP
08-19-2015, 11:17 AM
I like heinz's approach: For the right price, everything is for sale :p
This is true however you just have to want it more than I want to sell it ;)

b1lk1
09-02-2015, 07:43 AM
I would trade my roof for a convertible any day of the week. The stock 02 V6 convertible I used to have was an awesome daily. Wish I still had it now.

Con: Chassis needs stiffening

Pro: Seems you can legally (insurance wise) run a roll bar which fixes that problem nicely.

Screw
09-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Lots of nice vert inventory currently , hope it work out for you .

JDS
09-02-2015, 09:23 PM
Top down cruising just puts a smile on your face every time, I think just about every car I've had as a summer cruiser is either T-top or vert.
But got to let my '00GT vert go to make room for a GN....first world problems

Screw
09-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Top down cruising just puts a smile on your face every time, I think just about every car I've had as a summer cruiser is either T-top or vert.
But got to let my '00GT vert go to make room for a GN....first world problems

nice looking car man

JDS
09-02-2015, 10:06 PM
^^^^Thanks, if it doesn't sell I am going to do a hood this winter. Not sure on style yet.

Quicksilver
09-14-2015, 10:40 AM
I would trade my roof for a convertible any day of the week. The stock 02 V6 convertible I used to have was an awesome daily. Wish I still had it now.

Con: Chassis needs stiffening

Pro: Seems you can legally (insurance wise) run a roll bar which fixes that problem nicely.

A light bar, K-member brace, frame connectors(always done by DaSilva or by Rick), and strut tower brace made a HUGE difference in all 4 of my 99-04's.

HyperGT
09-14-2015, 10:36 PM
get the red s/c one for sale in here, looks sweet

ZR
09-14-2015, 10:37 PM
Extremely nice looking ride.
Price seems right to me as well.

Not4you
09-14-2015, 10:52 PM
get the red s/c one for sale in here, looks sweet

on the list. seller has a PM. lol

Blackmare
09-15-2015, 10:24 AM
Congrats on the sale Matt. Good luck with your search.

Laffs
09-15-2015, 11:57 AM
Yaaaaa do vert things.

Norseman71
12-18-2015, 10:15 PM
Just joined - looking to buy a 2015 ragtop - it will be a daily driver here in TO - was really having a hard time deciding to take the plunge(vert in the winter) - this thread has convinced me - I'm going to buy a set of winter tires and drive it all the time - I rent a vert every time i go away and nothing beats the evening cruise with the top down.

Thanks

ZR
12-18-2015, 11:53 PM
Renting to see if it's really what you want, terrific buying tool more should take advantage of.
Have you checked out the specials Bill has at Heritage Ford? Be sure to let him know your a member here (click on links below).

Also, welcome to the club.

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?7414-2015-Mustang-GT-Conv-Auto-50th-Anniv-Pkg-amp-Nav

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?18-Used-Rides

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4250&d=1448310216

Quicksilver
12-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Two weeks ago I traded my '14 GT vert for a '15 GT vert in race red. (see pictures in another thread). I am absolutely blown away how much better this car is than the '14. This one is my 6th Mustang convertible, and our family has had two more.
I am now officially a senior citizen, and I anticipate 6-7 more cars till I die. They will ALL be convertibles.
As an aside: I took delivery of my first Mustang, which was my first convertible, on April 2 1999. I was 48 years old. It was a warm day, and I put the top down immediately. My first thought was "why on earth did I wait 32 years to get a convertible?"
I owned a Honda Goldwing Motorcycle at the time, and within a year or so my use of the bike dwindled so much (because of the car) I eventually sold it.

HEre's the other thread, with pix.
http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?7507-My-New-ride

Norseman71
12-19-2015, 05:54 PM
Thanks - picked up the Ecoboost PP in magnetic today - get it Wednesday - gotta call Kipling and get winter rubber - almost spun out on the test drive.

exited to be part of the club. and cant wait till summer