PDA

View Full Version : Spintech Exhaust

Whitehot
12-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Anyone heard or used these B4?? Sounds like??.. Lookin into 3 " exhaust, with sied pipes.. they make an oval system... prob $$$ , just lookin into it now....

Ponyryd
12-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Haven't used it but I have heard and seen a side-exit system when I bought my 98 Cobra in Michigan years ago. Awesome sound, quality and pretty expensive, lol. Depending on your mods a 3" system may be overkill.

TC86GT
12-09-2015, 07:07 PM
From what I have gathered through the years, the Spintech mufflers sound awesome but are some of the worst flowing mufflers on the market. Removing them, in just about all the cases I've read, have picked up power and in more extreme builds....lots. If you are after the sound they work fine, if you are after power...consider other options.

Ghost Rider
12-10-2015, 12:12 AM
don't go for the 3" but yes Spintech's sound nice!!

they are not pretty...just look like a box all welded together...but they sound great, I know a few with them

they used spintech for the sound the '67 GT500 (Eleanor) in Gone in 60 seconds

Whitehot
12-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Pros n Cons of 3 " exhaust?? Would like to keep the side pipes... Don t want to loud, but will be louder than what I m runnin now... Or, just have fake side pipes, and run out the back, underneath, so ya can t quite see it exiting... Really hate the idea of fake side pipes though :(

Ponyryd
12-11-2015, 12:22 AM
No pros but looks unless you're making over 500hp I'd say, even then it may be overkill depending on the combo.
Cons are power loss for a stock or near stock engine, cost, fitment issues.

Whitehot
12-11-2015, 08:02 PM
hopin for 520- 550 RWHP....V7 Vortech, meth-water injection. stuff ;)..lol

Whitehot
12-11-2015, 08:12 PM
IF, i keep the side pipes(tips) as fake, then what exhaust should I go with... Long tubes, high flow cats.. muffler, and then exit out the back, tucked up so ya can t see it to much. Gonna be sellin my existing, BBK shorty headers, high flows, and side pipe mufflers, excluding the tips....???

Ponyryd
12-11-2015, 11:03 PM
long tube headers, high flow cats, straight-through mufflers, like dynomax ultra-flow, Magnaflow, bassani, Borla, SLP, etc....for tails I'd run old-school fox GT tails, the turn downs will probably fit pretty well, may just peek out a little under the bumper.
If it was mine I'd leave the stock manifolds, and sell the side skirts and exhaust complete to help fund the new stuff, finish the sides with cobra or Bullitt sills, or some other subtle piece.
Even with the power you're planning a 2.5" system will probably be enough, only way to really tell is try it and Dyno run with each setup, lol.