PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Mustangs to stay away from

Marauderman
12-10-2015, 08:51 AM
Any "Ford Executive" used Mustangs with VIN that ends with 53000___ . They had body damage and were part of a special program.

Scrape
12-10-2015, 09:36 AM
And where does this information come from?

94stang87
12-10-2015, 10:12 AM
I hate hearing stuff like this, hopefully there selling at a discount

ZR
12-10-2015, 10:19 AM
Highly doubt any reputable deal would not disclose any n all damage up front. Recall Bill selling a Shelby on a killer deal, yes came with disclosure of previous damage.

billcaitken
12-10-2015, 10:54 AM
Where did this come from?? They could not be sold through the Ford auction as Executive vehicles, they would be sold as B-Units and would not qualify for any Ford incentives and always sold as having damage that was repaired at plant. Its Ford Motor Company, not some small fly by night car operation. If someone bought one and it was not disclosed, it was the dealer not the manufacturer that was shady......I disclose everything

Marauderman
12-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Bill, your are correct, they would not be sold at auction as a executive driven. These vehicles could not be purchased as CAP units by Ford employees. They went straight to auction.

billcaitken
12-10-2015, 12:33 PM
Bill, your are correct, they would not be sold at auction as a executive driven. These vehicles could not be purchased as CAP units by Ford employees. They went straight to auction.
Right, so they are not "Ford Executive" vehicles, that should have been clear

Marauderman
12-10-2015, 12:47 PM
But they were driven by Ford Executives. Clear?

billcaitken
12-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Where did this info come from?

Marauderman
12-10-2015, 12:59 PM
My friend at Ford saw a CAP unit and enquired about price. He was told this info.

BAB CObra
12-10-2015, 11:37 PM
lol such dumb info. not executive unit buddy. it's is by law any damage is disclosed

TheMustangShow
12-11-2015, 01:47 AM
lol such dumb info. not executive unit buddy. it's is by law any damage is disclosed

...oh, but of course, AUTO MANUFACTURES never break the law. http://www.free-dc.org/forum/images/smilies/insane.gif

Marauderman
12-11-2015, 06:45 AM
Ignorance is bliss. I only put this info on here to let any potential buyers check the VIN and to suggest they pass and keep looking. I'm not posting this for any other reason. Take it for what it is. If any admin truly feels this is "such dumb info", delete, delete, delete.

BAB CObra
12-11-2015, 08:01 AM
they don't fix collision cars and allow them to be cap units lol. I forgot how much all you guys know about the industry you don't work in.

Marauderman
12-11-2015, 08:18 AM
they don't fix collision cars and allow them to be cap units lol. I forgot how much all you guys know about the industry you don't work in.

Tell me who I've been working for the past 30+ years?

ZR
12-11-2015, 08:43 AM
So key point here, yes there are some damaged vehicles that come out of Ford but not as legit exec demo units and yes there could be an unscrupulous re-seller who might attempt to sell as never damaged. Another case for only do business with a reputable dealer (such as our club sponsor) and your good to go.
Recently tried to help out a customer who purchased a high end SUV that turned out to have been written off in the US, imported into Canada, history "some how" cleaned up, then bs repaired and sold by a commercial vendor from another province. Custom claims to be a victim but hey, when you purchase a vehicle that should sell for mid 60's with 45k flat, you knew there had to be a problem. Second one I know of in the last year.
Another case of, if it seems to good to be true, many times it is.

BAB CObra
12-11-2015, 09:21 AM
Tell me who I've been working for the past 30+ years?

then if you worked for 30 years in it you should know any EXEC car is not hidden damaged cars.
end of story.. so go back to your work ...

Darkhorse
12-11-2015, 09:27 AM
turned out to have been written off in the US, imported into Canada,

CarFax should have shown that? The extra $40 bucks is worth it.

FordFTW
01-17-2016, 05:05 PM
friend of mine saved huge on his 2013 GT.....had 17kms on it but was a B Unit....was damaged in transport, chain tie dug into the front wheel and bumper somehow, got fixed and he saved $7500 off sticker at the time from AutoPark with full disclosure...the plastics were still on the seats when he went to pick it up.

ZR
01-17-2016, 07:11 PM
CarFax should have shown that? The extra $40 bucks is worth it.

Looks to be a pro group that have ways of making what should be easy to figure out not so easy. Was informed of written off in the US when he took it in for warranty work here.

Armen
01-17-2016, 07:46 PM
That black 2012 GT vert I had was a 'Ford Executive' unit, apparently.

I didn't notice it when I picked it up, but the paint was pretty bad on it. It looked like it had been through 500 automatic car washes.

But the big issue was the hood had been repainted. There was some fill on the hood edge too. Maybe a little fender bender or some incident with road debris, I don't know.

The car looked amazing when done and waxed up, but man, black was hard to keep looking good.

You can see the fine scratches in the highlighted section in the upper right hand corner of this pic. They were pretty much all over the vehicle, but the hood was the worst.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/armenk2000/Misc/raf%20013-2_zpsita0da0t.jpg

The car was good to me and I really enjoyed it while I had it. But whoever the 'Ford Exec' was that had it, didn't take very good care of it.

Ponyryd
01-17-2016, 08:18 PM
I love how this guy took the time to post a thread cautioning members and all that happens is people jump down his throat, lol. The Ford militant are convinced that Ford can do NO wrong....but guess what guys, execs for the most part don't give a crap about their cars, they're free cars to use, why would they take special care of them? They have them for 3-4 months and they're gone.
Now, if I was in the market I would very much appreciate this info, and I do agree that often cars get fixed and dropped in customers laps, happens all the time. How do I know? Because the body shop at my work does tons of work on new cars and exec units, cars that have damage from shipping, cars that were damaged at the plant, etc.....there is a certain amount of damage that can be repaired and doesn't need to be disclosed I'm told, the car can be sold as new.

bbriann
01-18-2016, 09:57 AM
I have seen NEW vehicles on car lots that have had crappie factory body
Repair work done. Both Ford and Chevrolet products

BAB CObra
01-19-2016, 08:29 AM
That black 2012 GT vert I had was a 'Ford Executive' unit, apparently.

I didn't notice it when I picked it up, but the paint was pretty bad on it. It looked like it had been through 500 automatic car washes.

But the big issue was the hood had been repainted. There was some fill on the hood edge too. Maybe a little fender bender or some incident with road debris, I don't know.

The car looked amazing when done and waxed up, but man, black was hard to keep looking good.

You can see the fine scratches in the highlighted section in the upper right hand corner of this pic. They were pretty much all over the vehicle, but the hood was the worst.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/armenk2000/Misc/raf%20013-2_zpsita0da0t.jpg

The car was good to me and I really enjoyed it while I had it. But whoever the 'Ford Exec' was that had it, didn't take very good care of it.

Well why would they take care of it? its covered for anything they do.

also auto car washes you betcha ... every day man.. free car wash.

BAB CObra
01-19-2016, 08:30 AM
I love how this guy took the time to post a thread cautioning members and all that happens is people jump down his throat, lol. The Ford militant are convinced that Ford can do NO wrong....but guess what guys, execs for the most part don't give a crap about their cars, they're free cars to use, why would they take special care of them? They have them for 3-4 months and they're gone.
Now, if I was in the market I would very much appreciate this info, and I do agree that often cars get fixed and dropped in customers laps, happens all the time. How do I know? Because the body shop at my work does tons of work on new cars and exec units, cars that have damage from shipping, cars that were damaged at the plant, etc.....there is a certain amount of damage that can be repaired and doesn't need to be disclosed I'm told, the car can be sold as new.

actually maybe you should check again.. execs dont get free cars... maybe VP level.. and those are rare are few...
also they dont change cares every 3-4 months.. its phases and usually 1.5 years.

Armen
01-19-2016, 09:51 AM
Well why would they take care of it? its covered for anything they do.

I don't understand what you're saying here.

Laffs
01-19-2016, 10:28 AM
I don't understand what you're saying here.

Basically saying if they smash it in to curbs and drive it in to parking garage walls the company pays for it, so why be careful and particular if they are going to fix it all when you bring it back anyway.

Armen
01-19-2016, 02:54 PM
Basically saying if they smash it in to curbs and drive it in to parking garage walls the company pays for it, so why be careful and particular if they are going to fix it all when you bring it back anyway.

Oh, I dunno. Just might be nice for Ford peeps to realize that their Exec/Cap unit is going to be resold to someone who is a Ford Fan and their very disregard for said vehicle may have a very lasting effect on this next owner and their future decisions when it comes to what vehicle to purchase.

Ponyryd
01-19-2016, 09:34 PM
actually maybe you should check again.. execs dont get free cars... maybe VP level.. and those are rare are few...
also they dont change cares every 3-4 months.. its phases and usually 1.5 years.

1.5 years? I've never seen a cap unit over a year old, and I've seen a few 2016s go through already this year, depends who you are I guess. Also any I've heard of are free cars, not that they own them but the company does and they let the execs use them free, like a demo if you work for a dealership. Also as stated above the cars are usually pretty much not cared for at all, I've seen many that get curbed, smashed, etc...and all repaired and billed to the company, no insurance claims.

Monera3v
01-19-2016, 09:38 PM
Wasn't there a large shipping of mustang on boat that got damaged?

BAB CObra
01-20-2016, 09:55 AM
1.5 years? I've never seen a cap unit over a year old, and I've seen a few 2016s go through already this year, depends who you are I guess. Also any I've heard of are free cars, not that they own them but the company does and they let the execs use them free, like a demo if you work for a dealership. Also as stated above the cars are usually pretty much not cared for at all, I've seen many that get curbed, smashed, etc...and all repaired and billed to the company, no insurance claims.
Managers and above get leases... so you can count leases as a cap unit too.. where its FORD owned but leased to employee..
then you have exec units that are given to them to use as their cars... thats a whole different level of management..
lol

Laffs
01-20-2016, 11:31 AM
Oh, I dunno. Just might be nice for Ford peeps to realize that their Exec/Cap unit is going to be resold to someone who is a Ford Fan and their very disregard for said vehicle may have a very lasting effect on this next owner and their future decisions when it comes to what vehicle to purchase.

Some do probably, others are probably like the rest of executives who view cars like appliances.

Quicksilver
01-29-2016, 03:41 PM
I'm on my second cap car from Bill at Heritage. Excellent buy, full Ford financing, and huge discounts. Nothing to complain about.

Marauderman
02-17-2016, 10:57 AM
Ford execs change vehicles every 6 months.

Marauderman
02-17-2016, 10:58 AM
I love how this guy took the time to post a thread cautioning members and all that happens is people jump down his throat, lol. The Ford militant are convinced that Ford can do NO wrong.....
Thanks