PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Mustangs of all time as per Autoguide.com

Scrape
12-25-2015, 12:06 AM
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/08/top-10-ford-mustang-special-editions-of-all-time.html

Discuss over Christmas :santa:

Clutt gt
12-25-2015, 10:11 AM
Good read thanks
I would like one of each please

ZR
12-25-2015, 10:25 AM
Car that's starting to be appreciated the last few years but question it achieving the top 10 list.

http://autoguide.com.vsassets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Ford-Mustang-II-King-Cobra.jpg

The poor Mustang II is regarded by pretty much everyone as the worst Mustang generation ever created. But it’s not the car’s fault. The Mustang II was a byproduct of its era, one that saw gas prices skyrocket and big beefy performance cars fall out of favor.
Even if the outright performance was gone, Ford did make a few second-generation Mustangs that did their best to pretend they were just like the muscle cars from a decade earlier. King amongst these was the King Cobra that had a V8 soundtrack and all the right exterior upgrades to look like a proper muscle car. Just ignore the fact it only had 139 hp and took around 10 seconds to reach 60 mph.

RedSN
12-25-2015, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I was surprised to see the King Cobra in at #10, but with the remaining 9 mustangs in the list, what was left for #10?
Would you count the SSP as a special model Mustang?

Say what you will about the MustangII, it got the brand through the oil crisis. And the King Cobra is a pretty cool little car.

ZR
12-25-2015, 12:37 PM
I dunno but one Shelby mustang on the list was more than enough.

hsousa88
12-25-2015, 01:22 PM
Kind of weird that the Termi cobra didn't make the list.

fast Ed
12-25-2015, 01:27 PM
Would you count the SSP as a special model Mustang?

I wouldn't, especially since they weren't sold to the general public ... just an LX 5.0L with some special equipment for the cops.

Agreed that the 03-04 Cobras should have made the list.

cheers
Ed

Black Sheep
12-25-2015, 02:49 PM
Cool, The II made The list

RedSN
12-25-2015, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't, especially since they weren't sold to the general public ... just an LX 5.0L with some special equipment for the cops.

Agreed that the 03-04 Cobras should have made the list.

cheers
Ed
It's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ....

Everybody has an 03-04 Cobra. I've only ever seen a couple SSP's.

Ponyryd
12-25-2015, 11:45 PM
It's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ....

Everybody has an 03-04 Cobra. I've only ever seen a couple SSP's.

Tires and suspension components were the same IIRC, the only real changes were heavier-duty coolers, cooling system and alternators I thought. Not a real special car if you ask me. Terminator should have made it for sure, it really raised the bar for other cars to meet. A much better candidate than the Bullitt....but it's a list compiled by autoguide, so it doesn't hold much clout. It will have a bunch of pop-up ads though, lol.
I would have included the 93 cobra also, but that's me.

True Blue
12-26-2015, 10:19 AM
A much better candidate than the Bullitt....

Bite your tongue!!! :)

Ponyryd
12-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Lol, I've had two '01 Bullitts and loved them both, the look and drive very different than a GT IMO, but let's be honest, the Terminator was the car to beat back in the day. It set a new standard for musclecars and finally gave us an edge over the F-bodies which had been handing out daily beatings to many a Mustang.

Ghost Rider
01-05-2016, 10:53 AM
The first Bullitt Mustang wasn’t actually called a Bullitt, but earned that nickname due to its iconic role starring alongside Steve McQueen in a movie called, you guessed it, Bullitt. A dark green 1968 Mustang Fastback with a 390 engine, the car looked unsuspecting but packed plenty of punch.

FINALLY...SOMEBODY GETS IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!

FUCK...LOL

baddbullitt
01-05-2016, 01:04 PM
Kind of weird that the Termi cobra didn't make the list.

Same thing I was thinking!!! Such an awesome car!!!