PDA

View Full Version : Classic car insurance

mikewashere
01-15-2016, 08:58 AM
Hey guys I'm looking for a project vehicle to have running this summer and I'm 26 in August so far I've only found hagerty insurance that will give online quotes so far the prices were around $300-$500 for the year but you must be 26 or older.

I'm just curious if there are any brokers/another company someone might know of on this forum that could help out a 25 year old turning 26 this August?

Thanks

CON VERT
01-15-2016, 09:09 AM
The reason for the age stipulation is, you must have 10 years of driving experience ! hence if you were licensed at 16 + 10 yrs exp = 26 , you must also have another vehicle insured ! as if your going with Hagerty as a classic car etc it cannot be a DD !

mikewashere
01-15-2016, 09:53 AM
I see. I guess I'll have to insure it as a DD with my current insurance for the summer

CON VERT
01-15-2016, 10:13 AM
Yea, unfortunately there is a little fine print , on the other hand, I got a few extra "Decades" I can let you have, LOL, good luck ! insurance is such a scam, but we all paid the price for being young and have a hot rod !

hsousa88
01-15-2016, 06:35 PM
http://www.vintageautoinsurance.ca

Only 8 years driving experience required if I recall.. must have a DD as well.

They're office is in Lindsay, ON.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

CON VERT
01-15-2016, 06:54 PM
When I spoke with Vintage (last year at a car show) they have a mileage restriction and a car show only policy ? secure storage clause, at all times , I asked if I could take my car on a vacation , NO ,
Asked the same off Hagerty (Lant) & said enjoy,been with them over 10 years now, there are no mileage issues etc, no hotel restriction ie if you go to Woodward ect , you are covered , yes even in Detroit ! really watch , as I mentioned read the super fine print and ask to see it in writing !

hsousa88
01-15-2016, 06:59 PM
When I spoke with Vintage (last year at a car show) they have a mileage restriction and a car show only policy ? secure storage clause, at all times , I asked if I could take my car on a vacation , NO ,
Asked the same off Hagerty (Lant) & said enjoy,been with them over 10 years now, there are no mileage issues etc, no hotel restriction ie if you go to Woodward ect , you are covered , yes even in Detroit ! really watch , as I mentioned read the super fine print and ask to see it in writing !

Yep, this is all true. When I bought my fox Hagerty wouldn't take me because of my age. I plan to switch it up this summer, really sucks going away for a long weekend and not being able to take the car if I wanted to.

Those restrictions also allow me to pay only $160 a year on a agreed value of almost $15K. I'm sure with Hagerty I will be in the $300-$400 a year range.. if not more.

CON VERT
01-15-2016, 08:04 PM
I pay between the t bird and the mustang , A19 agreed value of $ 55,600.00 , $462.00 all in ! multi classic car discount applies and 10 year no claims also !

1TUF65
01-18-2016, 09:22 AM
I had that issue a number of years ago. I was unable to get specialty old car insurance for it. But I was able to get it insured based on the appraisal value. For eg $20,000 apraisal was like $120 a month.
That was thru http://www.fwoins.ca/ now remember that was about 10 years ago.