PDA

View Full Version : DaSilva Racing Spring Track Day - May 19th, 2016

Reon D
01-29-2016, 10:57 AM
http://www.dasilvaracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Banner-Track-Day-Website-2016.jpg

As supporters of speed, we like to take these vehicles to their limits to see what they can do. If you’re like us, you should consider driving your vehicle the way it was intended: “Enthusiastically”! Chase your friends down or practice your getaway driving (aka, emergency maneuvering) on the road course. Either way, you can have a great time while everyone else is at work!
THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO ALL MAKES AND MODELS with the following conditions:
– No Open Wheeled Vehicles (Formula Cars, 4-Wheelers, Dune Buggies, Go-Karts, Motorcycles, Forklifts, Golf Carts, Hovercrafts, Tanks, Buses, Horse-Drawn Carriages, etc…)
– Convertibles allowed. Must either have roll cage (to run top-down) or working top (will be required to keep the roof closed).
– Brake lights must be funcitonal.

Make sure you give us a call to get your vehicle prepared for these events.
Spring Track Day has been scheduled for Thursday, May 19th at Toronto Motorsports Park in Cayuga, Ontario. This will be a Road Course Only event, we are not renting the drag strip.
Road Course runs rain or shine so please make sure you have proper tires for this event. Slicks will not be allowed to run in the rain.
Please feel free to “join” this event on Facebook but we will not be using this information as registration. All those wishing to participate in this event MUST call us ahead of time to register.
Fees for this event:
Road Course – $120.00 per driver (in advance) or $150.00 at the gate.
Spectators – $5.00 each at the gate. Spectators are welcomed to ride along as passengers so long as you follow safety requirements.
Safety requirements:
– All track safety rules apply. If you don’t know them, please check out the website – click here (http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/raceway/rules.html)
**Track rules state that helmets are optional for Hard-Top vehicles, but we would encourage ALL participants to wear helmets.**

Please use caution while on the track. Everyone is out to have a good time and enjoy their vehicles while testing their potential. This is a great opportunity for you to improve on your driving techniques and make some new friends.
If you have any questions, please call or email as comments left on Facebook are easily missed.
We are taking registrations so if you would like to join us, please give us a call with your credit card number ready and we'll get you on the list.
Thank you!

Stephen06GT
01-29-2016, 11:52 AM
Try it once and you'll be hooked. Also a good warm up for Mustangs at Mosport.

ZR
01-29-2016, 12:14 PM
Excellent venue to get your feet wet................see ya'll there.

fast Ed
01-29-2016, 09:36 PM
Try it once and you'll be hooked. Also a good warm up for Mustangs at Mosport.

Absolutely ... anyone planning to try Mustangs at Mosport for the first time, please try to get out to at least one event like this beforehand. If I am able to attend I will be glad to hop in the right seat for coaching again as time allows.

cheers
Ed

Darkhorse
01-29-2016, 09:43 PM
Why does the title of the thread say 17th? The image says 19th? Facebook also says 19th....

ZR
01-29-2016, 10:59 PM
Guess Reon missed a key, yes for sure it's the 19th. Thanks for the heads up Corey.

TheMustangShow
01-30-2016, 12:34 AM
In.

ZR
01-30-2016, 08:33 AM
Date change is awesome.

Intmdtr
01-30-2016, 02:21 PM
i will keep my junk off the track this year.......

shakin
01-30-2016, 03:50 PM

What about your car though? :>D

ZR
01-30-2016, 04:05 PM

Ya gotta be there.

Intmdtr
01-30-2016, 05:09 PM
If i am not working I may come down for the drive, but I won't be running the car.

ZR
01-30-2016, 05:44 PM
You know ya wanna.

Slick_89_Hatch
02-01-2016, 10:07 AM
If my car is ready I will be down for this finally.....I think it'll be a blast.

RedSN
02-01-2016, 03:35 PM
*registered*

Reon D
02-01-2016, 05:22 PM
DOH, Sorry, Miss shifted.....My fault!

Thanks to whoever corrected the date!

Why does the title of the thread say 17th? The image says 19th? Facebook also says 19th....

ZR
02-01-2016, 06:10 PM
Got your back buddy (after being alerted of course).

allicedout
02-06-2016, 09:58 PM
If my car is ready I will be down for this finally.....I think it'll be a blast.

Your running the road course this year Norm? No 1/4 mile from what I read..... The road course is addictive!

Slick_89_Hatch
02-07-2016, 04:29 PM
Yeah I think ill give it a whirl! With the new front suspension and additon of 13" brakes it should be fun!

HyperGT
02-07-2016, 08:19 PM
might see how slow she is in the 1/4.

HyperGT
02-07-2016, 09:05 PM
or i could learn to read and NOT do the 1/4. Maybe cruise down and watch then?

ZR
02-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Be good to see you either way.

RedSN
02-08-2016, 12:25 AM
or i could learn to read and NOT do the 1/4. Maybe cruise down and watch then?
The front straight is a quarter mile. ....just saying.

tulowd
02-08-2016, 07:27 AM
The front straight is a quarter mile. ....just saying.

@ Mike / HyperGT: rolling start also, but we don't have timing equipment or a finish line to confirm your expected 10 sec performance :)

ZR
02-11-2016, 11:41 PM
Hey hey hey, before you know it, it'll be track day...................see ya'll there.

HyperGT
02-12-2016, 06:24 PM
@ Mike / HyperGT: rolling start also, but we don't have timing equipment or a finish line to confirm your expected 10 sec performance :)

no point in timing it, rr guys dont get lap times. Lets just call it a 10 sec car for fun.
All jokes aside, getting a serious itch for speed.

ZR
02-12-2016, 06:41 PM
Time to scratch dat itch Mr.

Toxix
02-23-2016, 11:33 AM
Absolutely ... anyone planning to try Mustangs at Mosport for the first time, please try to get out to at least one event like this beforehand. If I am able to attend I will be glad to hop in the right seat for coaching again as time allows.

cheers
Ed

I'll be there. Would love some right-seat coaching if you're up for it!

jibbijib
02-23-2016, 06:28 PM
Oh yes I'll be there.

ZR
04-13-2016, 08:20 AM
Good morning.
Did anyone notice how quickly this dates coming up? Be sure to call n reserve your spot.

RedSN
04-13-2016, 09:59 AM
Did anyone notice how quickly this dates coming up?
yes, yes I did.
:mechanic:
Thanks.

MEANMCHN
04-18-2016, 09:47 AM
Might be there after the May 17th lapping day at Mosport. You guys should also come out to try events from www.apexdriving.ca , best instruction in Canada, full skid pad, slalom, and tons of big track time.

Mrods
04-23-2016, 10:05 PM
Anyone here buy track day insurance? Thinking of it for Cayuga.

ZR
04-23-2016, 10:34 PM
TMP, except for one wall, worst your likely to do is get dirt n grass on your ride.

Mrods
04-23-2016, 11:08 PM
Got it, thx.

ZR
04-23-2016, 11:24 PM
Mosport however..................naw it's pretty good to, nothing bad ever happens there either.

Mrods
04-23-2016, 11:40 PM
Hahaha, so I hear

ZR
04-23-2016, 11:51 PM
TMP is a very safe track, terrific place to get your lapping day feet wet.

r-model
04-27-2016, 10:54 AM
It's now 3 weeks away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mellow Yellow
04-27-2016, 02:48 PM
I'm sooooo looking forward to this. I have driven other cars on road courses but never the mustang.

Should be a lot of fun!

ZR
05-04-2016, 08:03 PM
Date is coming up quick, you called to register yet?

Stephen06GT
05-05-2016, 09:24 AM
Date is coming up quick, you called to register yet?

Just got approval for a day off. I'll be calling DaSilva's at lunch time to register. Hot Damn I'm looking forward to this.

Styrofoam04
05-05-2016, 09:27 AM
Looks like I'm out again for this season :crying:

ZR
05-05-2016, 09:31 AM
^ Whats up doc?

Ray721
05-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Looks like I'll be able to come out. Only to spectate though. Still will be nice to see everyone, shoot the shit and take some pics and vids.

Styrofoam04
05-05-2016, 01:57 PM
^ Whats up doc?

I'm buying a 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander tomorrow and now I can't afford to get you to install the clutch I bought last fall...at least not in time.

NickD
05-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Just booked the day off today! Need to call in tomorrow and register. Excited to go again.
If anyone has any brake pads for stock s197 brakes pm me please

ZR
05-06-2016, 11:47 AM
REAR PADS HERE NICK, JUST NEED MATCHING FRONTS AND YOUR GOLDEN.

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?8595-FS-NIB-Hawk-HPS-S197-Rear-Brake-Pads

HyperGT
05-06-2016, 07:34 PM
have fun May is a total bust for me, in the US 3x and the 18th is one of them.

Mrods
05-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Got a set of used stock fronts if you want them Nick

ZR
05-10-2016, 07:24 AM
Be sure to give your ride a once over for safety.

ZR
05-10-2016, 07:24 AM
As supporters of speed, we like to take these vehicles to their limits to see what they can do. If you’re like us, you should consider driving your vehicle the way it was intended: “Enthusiastically”! Chase your friends down or practice your getaway driving (aka, emergency maneuvering) on the road course. Either way, you can have a great time while everyone else is at work!
THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO ALL MAKES AND MODELS with the following conditions:
– No Open Wheeled Vehicles (Formula Cars, 4-Wheelers, Dune Buggies, Go-Karts, Motorcycles, Forklifts, Golf Carts, Hovercrafts, Tanks, Buses, Horse-Drawn Carriages, etc…)
– Convertibles allowed. Must either have roll cage (to run top-down) or working top (will be required to keep the roof closed).
– Brake lights must be funcitonal.

Make sure you give us a call to get your vehicle prepared for these events.
Spring Track Day has been scheduled for Thursday, May 19th at Toronto Motorsports Park in Cayuga, Ontario. This will be a Road Course Only event, we are not renting the drag strip.
Road Course runs rain or shine so please make sure you have proper tires for this event. Slicks will not be allowed to run in the rain.
Please feel free to “join” this event on Facebook but we will not be using this information as registration. All those wishing to participate in this event MUST call us ahead of time to register.
Fees for this event:
Road Course – $120.00 per driver (in advance) or $150.00 at the gate.
Spectators – $5.00 each at the gate. Spectators are welcomed to ride along as passengers so long as you follow safety requirements.
Safety requirements:
– All track safety rules apply. If you don’t know them, please check out the website – click here (http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/raceway/rules.html)
**Track rules state that helmets are optional for Hard-Top vehicles, but we would encourage ALL participants to wear helmets.**

Please use caution while on the track. Everyone is out to have a good time and enjoy their vehicles while testing their potential. This is a great opportunity for you to improve on your driving techniques and make some new friends.
If you have any questions, please call or email as comments left on Facebook are easily missed.
We are taking registrations so if you would like to join us, please give us a call with your credit card number ready and we'll get you on the list.
Thank you!

Stephen06GT
05-12-2016, 08:29 AM
One more week!

Rino
05-12-2016, 01:10 PM
what time does it start. 10 am ?

r-model
05-12-2016, 03:14 PM
you will be late at 10am lol, be there for 8am

RedSN
05-12-2016, 04:14 PM
I actually don't see a "gates open" or "drivers meeting" time posted anywhere.

1BAD92LX
05-14-2016, 07:39 PM
Any updates on start time?

fast Ed
05-14-2016, 07:50 PM
Probably the same time as it was last year, whatever that was. Don't know myself because I was fashionably late.

ZR
05-15-2016, 08:16 AM
Starting time shows as 9 on Facebook, will follow up Monday.

ZR
05-15-2016, 12:47 PM
TMP track rules.

1. The first and most important rule for the lapping sessions is to remember these are driving sessions - not a race! There are no positions and no prize money or trophies. If you are driving erratic, competitively, or in violation of the rules and procedures, you will be ejected from the track and facility with no refund.
2. Track will not provide any official lap times during lapping sessions.
3. There shall be no contact between cars at any time.
4. Do not stop unless disabled on track.
5. Do not tailgate another car.
6. Do not group together on the track.
7. Do not block faster cars that are closing on you.
8. Watch your mirrors, as you must signal faster cars by you.
9. If you suspect serious mechanical problems while on the track, pull off the track slowly and await assistance. If you can continue, do so slowly and return to the pit area. Get off line and use hand signals and flashers to indicate that you have a problem while returning to the pits.
10. If it starts to rain, slow down to a speed below that at which you know you can drive safely in the wet. The sessions will continue in the rain unless the track becomes unsafe to continue.
11. If you spin, run off track, or make contact with another car, you must report to the pits prior to continuing the session.
12. Windows all up or down.
13. Helmets optional for hard-top vehicles, mandatory for soft-tops.

Intmdtr
05-15-2016, 04:53 PM
14. Try not to blow a rad hose and close the track down.....

ZR
05-15-2016, 05:41 PM
Good point.

Armen
05-15-2016, 06:50 PM
TMP track rules.

1. The first and most important rule for the lapping sessions is to remember these are driving sessions - not a race, unless you're Paul! There are no positions and no prize money or trophies. And unless you're Paul, if you are driving erratic, competitively, or in violation of the rules and procedures, you will be ejected from the track and facility with no refund.
3. There shall be no contact between cars at any time. Paul might look like he's going to hit you, but he probably won't.
5. Do not tailgate another car. Paul is allowed because he has super brakes and already knows what's gonna happen before it does.
6. Do not group together on the track, unless Paul has made this situation impossible to avoid.
7. Do not block faster cars that are closing on you because if it's Paul, he'll just likely ram you off the track.
8. Watch your mirrors, as you must signal Paul's car by you.
9. If you suspect serious mechanical problems while on the track, pull off the track slowly and await assistance. If you can continue, do so slowly and return to the pit area. Get off line and use hand signals and flashers to indicate that you have a problem while returning to the pits.
10. If it starts to rain, unless you're Paul, you must slow down to a speed below that at which you know you can drive safely in the wet. The sessions will continue in the rain unless the track becomes unsafe to continue.
11. If you spin, run off track, or make contact with another car, you must report to the pits prior to continuing the session. The only exception is if you're Paul. This is normal.
13. Helmets optional for hard-top vehicles, mandatory for soft-tops.

Looks easy enough to follow.

RedSN
05-15-2016, 08:08 PM
Can we edit this one to emphasize GT500's?

The main straight is the main passing zone, not a 1/4 mile strip for you to practice your awesome superior acceleration. I'll see you again at turn 4 ;)

tulowd
05-15-2016, 10:45 PM
Looks easy enough to follow.

Paul Newman?

Armen
05-15-2016, 10:56 PM
Paul Newman?

Haha, no, PAUL!

Ray721
05-15-2016, 11:28 PM
I'm coming out to spectate with Michaela. Look forward to seeing everyone. Taking lots of pics and enjoying what looks like a beautiful day surrounded by good people and nice cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickD
05-16-2016, 01:10 AM
Got the helmet in the car already, will throw the air compressor and gauge in Wed night excited to see how the hps pads compare too stock

ZR
05-16-2016, 07:41 AM
1. The first and most important rule for the lapping sessions is to remember these are driving sessions - not a race! There are no positions and no prize money or trophies. If you are driving erratic, competitively, or in violation of the rules and procedures, you will be ejected from the track and facility with no refund.

10. If it starts to rain, slow down to a speed below that at which you know you can drive safely in the wet. The sessions will continue in the rain unless the track becomes unsafe to continue.

11. If you spin, run off track, or make contact with another car, you must report to the pits prior to continuing the session.

13. Helmets optional for hard-top vehicles, mandatory for soft-top

Additions.

13. Helmets optional for hard-top vehicles, mandatory for soft-tops (driver and passenger). Strongly suggested for all vehicles.
14. Passing zones, front and rear back straights and only after being clearly signaled by the vehicle in front.
No signal = no pass...........no exceptions. No passing anywhere else regardless if the vehicle in front signals you to do so.
15. When being passed, lift off the throttle, do not turn it into a drag race to the corner

Stephen06GT
05-16-2016, 11:44 AM
Please remeber to check your egos at the gate. This is a fun event and everyone is there for a good time. If you're new to this, don't try and be Mario Andretti your first time out. Also if you're driving a GT500 and get passed by an Fox or Jelly Bean don't get freaked out, as the drivers of those cars probably have done this lapping stuff a bunch of times and know the track, their cars, and the limit. Most of all, if you have any questions, ask.

MEANMCHN
05-16-2016, 02:07 PM
Paul sounds hilarious. I think Paul should come out to CTMP :)

NickD
05-16-2016, 02:08 PM
Stephen, I remember you showing me a seat belt clip last time I attended one if these. Can you link me to it, and if anyone knows where to pick one up locally?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT
05-16-2016, 02:17 PM
http://www.cg-lock.com/

Stephen06GT
05-16-2016, 02:19 PM

Treed by FastEd.

Armen
05-16-2016, 02:36 PM

I think you, Paul and J.T.(TheMustangShow) are all ripped from the same piece of cloth, lol.

RedSN
05-16-2016, 02:49 PM
I've got one of these, and for the money they are a great little gadget. They are no replacement for a proper harness, but they sure make the stock lap-belt a lot more effective.

Styrofoam04
05-16-2016, 04:01 PM
I've got one of these, and for the money they are a great little gadget. They are no replacement for a proper harness, but they sure make the stock lap-belt a lot more effective.
x2

Mellow Yellow
05-16-2016, 05:22 PM
Looking forward to this.
Car is all checked out. Clutch system from master to pilot bearing all new over the last five months.

New brake fluid, hawk pads.

Now I need to learn, watch and be careful....but have fun!

RedSN
05-16-2016, 06:45 PM
^^^don't be afraid to ask to ride along with somebody else, or to have somebody ride shotgun.

tulowd
05-16-2016, 07:41 PM

DDT is my favourite track, that's what the car is built for. One lap, with manual steering.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_2yTyzbCCQ

MEANMCHN
05-16-2016, 11:38 PM
DDT is my favourite track, that's what the car is built for. One lap, with manual steering.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_2yTyzbCCQ

Seems like 1 gear for the whole course, that's well setup!

Here's a good article that just came up on my feed:

https://nasaspeed.news/columns/driver-instruction/better-footwork-for-optimal-weight-transfer/

tulowd
05-17-2016, 08:35 AM
Seems like 1 gear for the whole course, that's well setup!

Here's a good article that just came up on my feed:

https://nasaspeed.news/columns/driver-instruction/better-footwork-for-optimal-weight-transfer/

Third gear for most of it, but its more fun rowing through them. Was talking about how difficult it is to drive with the manual steering and 12" Momo wheel. Gotta take a different line on most corners because it's just impossible to turn in fast enough...and it's so much harder to catch a slide.

Going to try to have the car back together mid summer; but no guarantees.

ZR
05-17-2016, 02:30 PM
GATE OPENS AT..............Joes calling me back in a few minutes.

Not4you
05-17-2016, 04:43 PM
I'll be there and I'll have some TMC T-shirts for those who want to pick one up. $20 ...

cf105arrow
05-17-2016, 10:33 PM
I might be able to actually make this one. If I do, is there anyone that can loan me a helmet for the day? Would have picked one up but didn't think I could make it.

Stephen06GT
05-17-2016, 10:39 PM
I might be able to actually make this one. If I do, is there anyone that can loan me a helmet for the day? Would have picked one up but didn't think I could make it.

Matt, I've got a spare lid you can use.

ZR
05-18-2016, 06:00 AM
8:30 ish for gate.

ZR
05-18-2016, 06:28 AM

13. Helmets optional for hard-top vehicles, mandatory for soft-top

Additions.

13. Helmets optional for hard-top vehicles, mandatory for soft-tops (driver and passenger). Strongly suggested for all vehicles.

14. Passing zones, front and rear back straights and only after being clearly signaled by the vehicle in front.
No signal = no pass...........no exceptions. No passing anywhere else regardless if the vehicle in front signals you to do so.

15. When being passed, lift off the throttle, do not turn it into a drag race to the corner

16. Flagman controls all actions on the track via flags. As your coming into the last corner, give a quick glance his way.

Notes.

~When coming off the track with hot brakes, do not use your parking brake, leave vehicle in gear. Hot pads can and will stick to your rotors

~Should you be black flagged, don't panic. Come in and see the flagman for further instructions.

~Should a vehicle crash or otherwise become disabled, do not run onto the track under any circumstances.

~If your brake pedal is getting soft, safely come off the track and allow them to cool. Only go back on when / if your brakes feel and work as they should.

~If you have, bring a torque wrench to check wheel nuts.

~When exiting the track, signal your intentions either with a hand signal or signal light on your vehicle

~Do not enter the track unless directed to do so via the flagman

~Cars will be divided into two groups. Rookies / Experienced. Flagman will display a flag to indicate which group is out. Please pay attention, do not go out with both groups.

~After each session, good idea to take a look under the hood / under your vehicle for any fluid leaks

~If your in among a group that is clearly faster than you and it's making you uncomfortable, cycle off the track and head over to the flag man, return to the track once the groups passed.

~If your in the experienced group and your finding the pace too fast, you might want to drop down to the rookie group.

~While at least some rookies will be tempted to move up to the faster group, first time out should be about hitting your marks, logging laps and getting experience.

~Most important, be safe and have fun.

ZR
05-18-2016, 06:58 AM
Also posted here.
Good idea to print yourself a copy and study.

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?8758-TMP-TRACK-RULES

RedSN
05-18-2016, 08:29 AM
One more sleep!

Stephen06GT
05-18-2016, 12:51 PM
Check your egos at the gate. Your car may be fast but it doesn't mean you are.

NickD
05-18-2016, 01:45 PM
Just want to check I know it's been posted that it opens at 9, if I were to say sleep in would I miss anything critical?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

fast Ed
05-18-2016, 10:31 PM
You would miss the drivers' meeting, which you should probably be in attendance for if it's your first time at the road course.

Speaking of which, I'll have to go in to work for a few hours, but can hopefully be there for late morning.

cheers
Ed

cf105arrow
05-18-2016, 11:04 PM
Matt, I've got a spare lid you can use.

Thanks for the offer Steven but looks like I won't be able to attend this one:livid:

NickD
05-19-2016, 01:24 AM
You would miss the drivers' meeting, which you should probably be in attendance for if it's your first time at the road course.

Speaking of which, I'll have to go in to work for a few hours, but can hopefully be there for late morning.

cheers
Ed
Been before Ed but decided I will try to make it.
Hope to see you there and get some coaching

fast Ed
05-19-2016, 06:23 AM
Ah yes, couldn't remember if you had told me you'd been before or not ..

SteveEH
05-21-2016, 09:40 PM
Check your egos at the gate. Your car may be fast but it doesn't mean you are.

Lies, I was fast. ;)

tulowd
05-21-2016, 11:56 PM
Lies, I was fast. ;)

lol...what were you driving?