PDA

View Full Version : Lease busters?

5.4MarkVIII
01-29-2016, 11:30 AM
Love my MKT. had it for about a year it's leased.

I'm contemplating upgrading our camping trailer this year but a couple I have looked at are over the mkt's tow rating
I talked to a local dealer about a truck but he said I would have to get out of my lease first and that that is difficult and expensive.
He suggested lease busters

I know there are guys here that trade cars in almost daily. Are these leases? If so how are you getting out of them without loosing your shirt?

Armen
01-29-2016, 03:37 PM
Did you buy the MKT at a Ford dealer, new? And are you looking at new Ford to replace it?

Cause most dealers will waive penalties when breaking a lease for the purpose of buying a new vehicle, depending on how long you have left.

5.4MarkVIII
01-29-2016, 04:45 PM
Yes and yes. Just spit balling right now. But if I go ahead that would be the plan.

I'd miss the mkt though. But a nice big trailer means camping fun rain or shine.

Problem is I've only had it a year so lots of term left on the lease

Armen
01-29-2016, 04:49 PM
Talk to Bill Aitken at Heritage in Scarborough.

If you want something slightly closer to you, I can hook you up with Blackstock Ford in Orangeville.

5.4MarkVIII
01-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Bill is on here right? Long way to drive but he might be able to give some insite.

Armen
01-29-2016, 04:59 PM
Bill is on here right? Long way to drive but he might be able to give some insite.

Yup... He's on here. If anyone can make it work, he will be able to.

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/member.php?77-billcaitken

Screw
04-12-2019, 08:37 PM
$298 tax in bi-weekly on a 18 PP ...is that bout right 36 months left buyout $19k at end . Was just a thought came across this on kijiji