PDA

View Full Version : Marco Muzzo verdict.

bluetoy
03-29-2016, 06:34 PM
What are your thoughts?

I think that he should have gotten a much stiffer sentence. Impaired driving causing death isn't really the whole story. I think when you make the decision to drive drunk you should be considered premeditating. Then when you kill 3 small children and their grandfather you have committed 4 counts of premeditated murder. I think he was very skillfully prepped by his lawyer. His best option was to plead guilty, accept full responsibility full well knowing he would get 8-12 years. Parole in 3-4 years. Say all the right things in court and to the media. 12 yr driving ban is a pure joke. His life isn't ruined. He will still be a billionaire when he gets out. I think what he did was no different than if he put a gun to each one of those kids heads.

Maybe I'm wrong. I don't care. I am entitled to my opinion. Good thing I am not a Judge.

Ontariomystic
03-29-2016, 06:49 PM
Said he had 9 speeding convictions to date. If it wasn't an impaired charge, sooner or later someone would have been killed by him.

ZR
03-29-2016, 06:52 PM
Three very young and innocent children along with their grandfather perished on that day. Their parents and everyone that loved them have had their lives turned upside down in a way I'd wish on no one.
No winners no matter how long he was sentenced.
R.I.P. to those lost. My thoughts and prayers to those left behind.

55 HD
03-29-2016, 07:18 PM
Not sure I agree with the sentence handed down here. I think Marco had his days numbered when it came to his driving record over the past. I might be able to accept the time in jail but a life ban on operating any motor vehicle for life is what I would think was in order due to his record and the fact he has now killed 4 humans.

Buy a good Lawyer........pays to have money so you can. JMO

bluetoy
03-29-2016, 07:25 PM
I think a lifetime ban on driving is pointless. He has the means to live elsewhere and get a new license. Plus you only need a drivers license if you get stopped, even then what's the fine? couple hundred bucks and a ban on driving?

r-model
03-30-2016, 07:39 AM
It should have been 10 years for each, 40 years in total and NO parole!!!

WTF
03-30-2016, 07:47 AM
no winners here

imo he and his family's wealth has SFA to do with anything....his high-priced lawyer told him to stay in jail and plead guilty to all charges...which he did....I don't think Greenspan's bill is gonna be too staggering for this case

regardless of the lack of a crazy long sentence....assuming he will walk in around 3 years....this guy's life is fucked....he will work for the family company going in and out of the side door...his name will not appear on anything....he's carrying the weight of what he did and it ain't gonna be a fun ride no matter how big the house is and how nice the furniture is

no winners at all

stangstevers
03-30-2016, 07:58 AM
he's carrying the weight of what he did

Doubt it. I'm sure he's douchy enough to think it's not his fault. The best thing he can do for humanity now is to kill himself.

WTF
03-30-2016, 08:06 AM
Doubt it. I'm sure he's douchy enough to think it's not his fault. .

so....that's why he stayed in jail from day 1 and pleaded guilty to all charges without a trial?

regardless of the idiotic thing he did to cause this.....I don't think this kid is dumb...and surely not dumb enough to think it wasn't his fault

I tend to think alot of people wanted to see this kid go away for decades...not just because of what he did....but because his pockets were as loaded as his bloodstream

ZR
03-30-2016, 08:21 AM
Enough money behind him to have dragged it out for years, until the details for most of us were foggy at best and perhaps it might have gone without as much media coverage. He made a mistake of epic proportions by getting into his truck drunk. The same drunk countless others have been guilty of a time or two in their lives, unfortunately this time it ended as bad as it gets. Is he an asshole for driving that day, no argument here. But at the same time he's a human being that fucked up royally and seems to be taking responsibility for what transpired.

bluetoy
03-30-2016, 06:07 PM
Everyone take a look at your kids and parents. Then see how you feel if this guy killed all of them in one stupid act. Rich or poor doesn't matter he should be put away for a lot longer. I'll say it again. He was heavily prepped and coached by a legal team. Take responsibility right away and then people may have some slight sympathy for the poor guy who pretends to be haunted by his mistake. While the family of the 3 kids and their Grandfather actually do have to live with his mistake. DUI system is fucked up.

G-ForceJunkie
03-30-2016, 07:45 PM
What are your thoughts?

I think that he should have gotten a much stiffer sentence. Impaired driving causing death isn't really the whole story. I think when you make the decision to drive drunk you should be considered premeditating. Then when you kill 3 small children and their grandfather you have committed 4 counts of premeditated murder. I think he was very skillfully prepped by his lawyer. His best option was to plead guilty, accept full responsibility full well knowing he would get 8-12 years. Parole in 3-4 years. Say all the right things in court and to the media. 12 yr driving ban is a pure joke. His life isn't ruined. He will still be a billionaire when he gets out. I think what he did was no different than if he put a gun to each one of those kids heads.

Maybe I'm wrong. I don't care. I am entitled to my opinion. Good thing I am not a Judge.
So let's say for example your best friend drove drunk 5 years ago. He only lived 2 minutes away, and had say, 4 beers in one hour then drove home. Should he be charged with attempted murder?

bluetoy
03-30-2016, 09:32 PM
So let's say for example your best friend drove drunk 5 years ago. He only lived 2 minutes away, and had say, 4 beers in one hour then drove home. Should he be charged with attempted murder?

If he was legally drunk and caused a terrible accident that almost killed someone. Then yes.

WTF
03-31-2016, 08:16 AM
I'll say it again. He was heavily prepped and coached by a legal team. Take responsibility right away and then people may have some slight sympathy for the poor guy who pretends to be haunted by his mistake..

You think he's pretending?

so...before the crash took place he was a 29 year old guy who had life by the balls....getting married in two weeks to a beautiful girl...great job....beautiful house....awesome well-respected family etc

now he's the red-headed step-child for the rest of his life

not only did he piss away all the awesomeness of his own life....but he basically shattered 4 generations of another family by his actions

and you think his skin is so thick that he won't be haunted by all this?

yeah...the DUI system is messed up...there are never any winners

what will happen now is people will start screaming for zero BAC.....so while the people doing the killing are 2-3 time the limit...you will be tee-d up for a DUI because you responsibly partied on a Saturday night and cabbed it....woke up Sunday morning 7hrs after your last beer...and will be criminally charged for driving to Timmies for a few coffees because you blew a 0.005

hsousa88
03-31-2016, 10:52 AM
^ pretty much dead on

I know a guy who got a dui just like that... he slept 9 hours and all.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

bluetoy
03-31-2016, 05:56 PM
You think he's pretending?

We will see in 3 short years.

WTF
03-31-2016, 06:08 PM
^ pretty much dead on

I know a guy who got a dui just like that... he slept 9 hours and all.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

what did he blow?

current law is 0.08 for DUI criminal charge

what used to be a warning at 0.05 now carries penalties too

if your buddy blew a 0.08 after sleeping 9 hours then he was royally ripped when he passed out...err I mean went to sleep

my comment with regard to zero BAC is you could get busted for 0.005....while people like Muzzo blow a 0.24+

WTF
03-31-2016, 07:18 PM
We will see in 3 short years.

would bet large that we will see things differently

bluetoy
03-31-2016, 09:56 PM
would bet large that we will see things differently

I hope I am wrong.

bluetoy
02-27-2020, 04:13 PM
Well here we are. He is going to get out. You think the mother of the 3 kids is moving on now..

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/mandel-killer-drunk-driver-marco-muzzo-could-be-free-in-april?fbclid=IwAR24mF6lADCwz1UvJLJ2mjbJfzgyK3M0t8c V4oyuWXKcZZHnpf6dhbY-ey8

On a side note. I work with a guy who killed someone while drunk driving. He spent a mere 17 months in jail. You would never know he did that. He is enjoying his life and is pretty much a happy guy all the time. However... He still drinks and drives. He is a piece of garbage imo. He should still be in prison. I considered him a friend until I found that out.

hsousa88
02-27-2020, 04:48 PM
Scum of the earth.

I look back to my late teens/early 20s and think of all the times I drove drunk.. what a fucking idiot I was.

Now.. 2 beers and I’m not driving. I guess age really does make you wiser... for most people anyways.

Das 5.0
02-27-2020, 04:58 PM
^^^ ditto

RedSN
02-27-2020, 05:14 PM
From his last parole request a couple of years ago:

In its written sentence, the board repeatedly says Muzzo does not recognize the extent and severity of his alcohol problem and, by his own admission, does not know his triggers or risk factors. It also says while he may not be addicted to alcohol, his “continued rigidity and lack of insight as to what that definition may mean has prevented (him) from recognizing that an actual problem exists.”
They added: “Your contention (even at this late date), that you believe eight or nine drinks would be required to make you impaired, speaks volume in this regard.”

Hutch
02-27-2020, 05:26 PM
Well here we are. He is going to get out. You think the mother of the 3 kids is moving on now..

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/mandel-killer-drunk-driver-marco-muzzo-could-be-free-in-april?fbclid=IwAR24mF6lADCwz1UvJLJ2mjbJfzgyK3M0t8c V4oyuWXKcZZHnpf6dhbY-ey8

On a side note. I work with a guy who killed someone while drunk driving. He spent a mere 17 months in jail. You would never know he did that. He is enjoying his life and is pretty much a happy guy all the time. However... He still drinks and drives. He is a piece of garbage imo. He should still be in prison. I considered him a friend until I found that out.

That is absolutely horrible. You should never get a license again.

ZR
02-27-2020, 06:37 PM
On April 28, drunk driving killer Marco Muzzo will make another bid for early release from the minimum-security prison where he’s serving his 10-year sentence for a crash that killed three children and their grandfather in 2015.
It’s hard to imagine the heir to a billion-dollar construction empire won’t be successful this second time around — not when he’ll have served almost half of his sentence.
As unfair as it may seem, that’s considered a long time for a first offender — even for a horrific crime we will never forget.

ZR
02-27-2020, 06:37 PM
Policy in our house, zero alcohol behind the wheel.

Redfire427
02-27-2020, 09:20 PM

Is your co-workers name Phillip?

Carmen

LX89
02-27-2020, 10:48 PM
That chooch is doing easy time.
How did he not end up in a real jail?

I heard the family of the victims was suing the Muzzo family for 22 million I believe,but I haven't heard how that went.

bluetoy
02-27-2020, 11:41 PM
Is your co-workers name Phillip?

Carmen

No its Chad.

redo75
02-28-2020, 01:07 AM
Can't stand to see the picture of the three kids happy and smiling that they use on Global.

Hotford
02-28-2020, 05:11 AM
Money talks people. he will be out soon enough, kill 3 kids and a grand parent and all ya get is 10 years......why because he was intoxicated......he's old enough to know from right and wrong...….if these people were killed by a drive by shooting being at the wrong place the offender would have got 20years plus.

WTF is wrong with out justice system!