PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance renewal.

ZR
08-27-2016, 07:41 AM
Posted some time back about how I'd read an article that our Ontario govt has again allowed the insurance co's to cut accident benefits back. Have you read the fine print on your renewal coverage? Yea, they've allowed them to make huge cuts to yours, mine and everyone else's accident benefits. Of course on top of the increase most are seeing yet again this year (after the lying and cheating bastards keep talking about premium rollbacks that never happen) you'll need to shell out on top of that to retain the level of coverage you had last year. I've spoken with several brokers looking for other quotes, all agree, anyone sticking with one million in liability is leaving themselves extremely vulnerable. The thought, with benefits cut way back (some cut in half), they expect accident related litigation to ramp up, especially when a party is badly hurt and or needing long term care.
The good news for me, broker I'd previously used for 30 odd years, found me insurance for a fair bit less money. Gets even better, switching home insurance (same coverage) will cut it's premium almost in half. All in for my truck, Kath's HHR and the house is $3041/yr. Renewal I have here for the house was $1,547 by itself plus over 3k for the car n truck with reduced benefits and only 1 mil in liability.

Couple of thoughts
-Going with a good insurance broker in most cases is going to get you the advice you need, see you placed with a reputable insurance co and with any luck save you a good bunch of change.
-For fucks sake, when the next election comes along, never ever ever forget what the Liberals have done to us yet again. The never ending lies n bullshit about insurance rates being lowered is just that, bullshit. They are the body that mandate we have no choice but to have insurance to drive in Ontario but have allowed this monopoly to keep gouging the absolute shit out of us all the while smiling n saying they have it under control. When you check off your ballot, make sure you let them know, we the people of Ontario are in charge and we are fed up with being bent the hell over.

Have a nice day. :)

StAnger
08-27-2016, 09:01 AM
They'll get in again. I'm sure the GTA will have that idiot installed as Premier for life.

RedSN
08-27-2016, 09:22 AM
New truck, full coverage, doubled my liability to $2M, ....premium went down.
I got nothing to complain about.

and that's even with going against my golden rule of not dealing directly with an insurance co. and always using a broker.

StAnger
08-27-2016, 12:57 PM
I can't complain about my insurance. I'm paying less than $70/month for full coverage.

ZR
08-27-2016, 05:25 PM
Keep in mind, Toronto n Bramptonia rates are insane compared to outside da city.

StAnger
08-27-2016, 07:14 PM
I guess it's one benefit to living in the sticks. lol

ZR
08-27-2016, 07:24 PM
It surely is.

2006-R/T_420
08-29-2016, 08:57 AM
Got my renewal rate stayed basically the same

ZR
08-29-2016, 10:58 AM
Did you check accident benefits as compared to what you had?

2006-R/T_420
08-29-2016, 11:22 AM
Did you check accident benefits as compared to what you had?

yes my coverage went down as per new rules in Ontario.

Rich-C
08-29-2016, 03:43 PM
New truck, full coverage, doubled my liability to $2M, ....premium went down.
I got nothing to complain about.

and that's even with going against my golden rule of not dealing directly with an insurance co. and always using a broker.

I assume you are using meloche for that PEO discount??

RedSN
08-29-2016, 04:00 PM
I'm with the Personal Insurance Co.

hsousa88
08-29-2016, 07:59 PM
$170 a month for my truck and the gf's crv (fire and theft atm) and $2mil liability

Decent price considering I live in one of the worst areas for car insurance in the GTA

Edit: Bonus is that the fox dropped from $150 a year to $140... Ballin.

WTF
09-02-2016, 01:12 PM
Zehr just confirmed my upcoming policy switch on the Morgan

we're going from a "collector" policy on Hagerty at about $950/year to a "vintage" policy on Royal Sun Alliance at $443/year

replacement is $78,000 cdn

pretty happy about that

Windjammer
09-02-2016, 03:11 PM
The accident benefits coverage is a big deal folks. If you are hurt and laid up it runs out fast. Here is what you do. Buy maximum benefits coverage on one policy and the rest of your policies are covered the same for no additional cost. You only need it on one policy. Check with your broker. I know a guy who ended up paralyzed and his insurance company renovated his whole house to be wheel chair accessible.. Total payout over 2 yrs was over $300,000. He was fortunate that he had a job that he could still do from a chair