PDA

View Full Version : Start of things to come for the Ontario Liberals?

ZR
09-02-2016, 04:21 AM
I sure hope so.

TORONTO -- Ontario's Progressive Conservatives won a provincial byelection Thursday in northeast Toronto.
City councillor Raymond Cho won the Scarborough-Rouge River riding, defeating the Liberals in a seat they have held since it was created in 1999. It's the third byelection in a row the Tories have won since Patrick Brown became leader last year and a breakthrough for the party in Toronto, where they hold no other seats.

83 5.0
09-02-2016, 06:31 AM
We can only hope!
Cho gave Doug Ford credit for helping get him elected, don't believe it was the PC party and Patrick Brown that got them to win.

92redragtop
09-02-2016, 10:17 AM
Hope so!

WTF
09-02-2016, 11:54 AM
I hope its a telling sign that even the daft won't vote for reckless spending lefty shit anymore

2014 election
Libs 39%
NDP 31%
PC 28%

2016 by election
PC 39%
Lib 29%
NDP 27%

this is a riding that's been a Lib stronghold since it's inception in 1999 and that was a fairly convincing win by the PCs

if Patrick Brown has shown anything so far...its that he knows how to beat liberals.....and that's something this province needs desperately

2006-R/T_420
09-02-2016, 12:22 PM
a lot of so called conservatives are having trouble throwing support behind Brown and its unfortunate but he is our only hope at defeating liberals next time around

ZR
09-14-2016, 05:29 AM
So here we go, in trouble with the peeps of Ontario, so let's spend a few billion more dollars we don't have.

TORONTO -- The Ontario government's throne speech came with billions of dollars in new promises, but the opposition parties are questioning how the Liberals plan to pay for them.
Lower electricity bills and more child-care spaces are on the way, the government announced in its speech outlining priorities for the new session. Removing the eight-per-cent provincial portion of the harmonized sales tax from hydro bills is expected to cost taxpayers about $1 billion a year.
Creating an additional 100,000 licensed child-care spaces for children aged four and under will cost $600 million to $750 million in operating costs and $1 billion to $3 billion in capital funds over five years.
But the Liberals were vague Tuesday when asked where that money would come from, while insisting that they will still eliminate the deficit next year.

Mellow Yellow
09-14-2016, 10:23 AM
a lot of so called conservatives are having trouble throwing support behind Brown and its unfortunate but he is our only hope at defeating liberals next time around

Recently I was at a PC fund raiser in Windsor (total of 40 people - Windsor is so anti PC) and Brown was speaking. In all honesty he looks like a gangster from the 30's, in person. I think he needs a make over to take the edge off his looks. Liked what he said .... but.

ZR
09-15-2016, 07:19 AM
The Canadian Union of Public Employees is suing the Ontario government over the sale of Hydro One, the province's electricity transmission monopoly.
CUPE president Fred Hahn says the union's lawyers served the Ministry of the Attorney General on Tuesday with notice of intent to sue, but the government said today it still was "not aware of any action from CUPE."
CUPE claims the Liberals inappropriately mixed government and party business by holding fundraisers with cabinet ministers for up $10,000 a plate, including one attended by bankers who allegedly profited from the sale of Hydro One shares.
The union says it's using the lawsuit to argue that shares of the electrical transmission utility should remain in public hands and that the sell-off, which began last year, is opposed by most Ontarians.
"It seems remarkable to me that a provincial government would act in a way that is so broadly unpopular," said CUPE Ontario president Fred Hahn at a morning news conference at Queen's Park.
The Liberals plan to sell up to 60 per cent of the huge utility, which also serves as a local electricity distribution company for 1.3 million homes, mainly in remote and rural parts of Ontario.
With today's announcement, CUPE is serving the province with 60 days notice of its intention to file the lawsuit. The union says it can't get into specifics about the lawsuit until it's officially filed in November.
The province raised $3.2 billion from selling 30 per cent of Hydro One so far.
The Liberals say the money raised from the privatization of Hydro One is needed to fund public transit and infrastructure projects and to pay down debt.
However, Hahn said, the move is not in the best interests of the province.
"This is one piece of a much larger chorus of opposition that this government needs to pay attention to," said Hahn. "We have firm belief that we can stop them."

ZR
09-15-2016, 07:22 AM
Recently I was at a PC fund raiser in Windsor (total of 40 people - Windsor is so anti PC) and Brown was speaking. In all honesty he looks like a gangster from the 30's, in person. I think he needs a make over to take the edge off his looks. Liked what he said .... but.

Yea he comes off looking a like rough / weathered around the edges, also like what he has to say.

2006-R/T_420
09-16-2016, 06:42 PM

I like what he has to say. And it's a shame the NDP have bulldozed the area and people are attached to the orange crash.

Luckily I don't vote based on appearance. I will support conservatives at all levels...cause the other options are proven failures.

stangstevers
09-17-2016, 10:32 AM
If people voted based on looks than most of ontario is blind and deaf... wynne would only be voted to be dragged into the woods and killed with fire. Something that ugly cannot be human.

StAnger
09-17-2016, 05:50 PM
If people voted based on looks than most of ontario is blind and deaf... wynne would only be voted to be dragged into the woods and killed with fire. Something that ugly cannot be human.

How do you explain Trudumb?

RedSN
09-17-2016, 07:27 PM
Are you making an argument that people SHOULD base their vote on looks?
I'm not a fan of the liberals, but that's pretty shallow. I mean, that's like making fun of Chrétien. I'm not a fan of his either, but he wasn't a good looking man.