PDA

View Full Version : Wake the hell up Ontarians.

ZR
09-22-2016, 07:31 AM
Reading this makes my blood boil. Ok so we all agree to hate Wynn but to think the Liberals could win a majority if all they do is ditch her, turns my stomach. It was lie cheat n steal as normal when McSquinty slithered into the darkness n the queen of revolting took his place, why would anyone think it will be different with someone else at the helm?

Ontario’s governing Liberals could well win another majority — if they send leader Kathleen Wynne packing.
A new poll from Mainstreet Research for Postmedia, released Thursday, asked respondents how they’d vote if the Liberals called an election with somebody other than Wynne leading the party. It found 39% would pick the Liberals, a four-point lead over Patrick Brown’s Progressive Conservatives.
Breaking out Toronto, that lead extends to a staggering 22 points, with a Liberal sweep likely in the 416.
“The bad news for current premier and party leader Kathleen Wynne is that it is all but impossible right now with her at the helm,” said Quito Maggi, president of Mainstreet Research.
“With the current premier as leader, the Liberals trail by 15 (percentage points) and would be hard-pressed to win a majority of seats even in the 416, where they are leading by just 10 (points).”
In the GTA, 29% of people said they’d choose the PC Party, regardless of whether the Liberals voted in a new leader, while in Toronto, 40% said they’d vote Liberal if Wynne was out.
Roughly 34% of those surveyed strongly disapprove of the way Wynne is handling her position as premier, while 33% somewhat disapprove. A mere 6% say she’s doing a great job. Contrast that with 19% of Brown supporters who strongly agree he’s filling the shoes a leader should and 15% who strongly disagree.
Meanwhile, 24% of people strongly approve of Andrea Horwath’s work as NDP leader, while 16% strongly disapprove.
“As we approach the mid-term of Kathleen Wynne’s mandate, it appears her own popularity lags the Liberal brand drastically,” Maggi said. “This reversal of fortunes for the once-popular Wynne, who outpaced her party brand in June 2014 to lead them to an unexpected majority, is quite astounding but not unprecedented in Canadian politics.”
The poll also found 48% of people feel the Ontario government isn’t going far enough to reduce the cost of electricity.
Whether Wynne is able to recast herself leading up to the 2018 fall election is to be seen, Maggi noted.
“With 20 months till the next election, it may be possible to right the ship,” Maggi said. “An expected contest in the Liberal bastion of Ottawa-Vanier will be an opportunity for the Wynne Liberals to prove the results of Scarborough-Rouge River were a meaningless blip, much like the Etobicoke-Lakeshore loss in 2013.”
All the while, the poll indicates Brown is picking up steam. His personal awareness and approvals have increased and now sit at 44% — 12 points back of Horwath, who sits at 56% and outpaces Wynne at almost three to one.
The poll of 2,562 Ontarians was conducted Sept. 17-18, with a margin of error of +/- 1.94%, 19 times out of 20.

baddbullitt
09-22-2016, 07:36 AM
Time to move to Switzerland I think!!! Or back to Denmark!! Oyevay!

ZR
09-22-2016, 07:37 AM
I just don't get it, new examples of being butt blasted by them over and over again, it's never ending, then an article like this. Makes a person looks faith in the people around them.

baddbullitt
09-22-2016, 07:45 AM
You think we would of had enough with Dalton in charge, then we voted him back in. And now her!! People complain about her and STILL vote her in!!! Were so doomed!! Well were already doomed as it is, but it's just getting worse and worse!!

Scrape
09-22-2016, 08:02 AM
oh don't get me started with her...Oh look! South of the border has some dick trying to be president.

baddbullitt
09-22-2016, 08:15 AM
I'd almost rather be under his reign than hers!!! lol

Ray721
09-22-2016, 08:49 AM
Libertarian for me. Less government is good government.

Rich-C
09-22-2016, 10:31 AM
I'm surprised by the level of liberal support after all the unpopular things they have done in recent years. I've said before that I generally have a preference towards center-left politics as I think the role of government should be preventing market failures such as huge inequalities, information asymmetries, and negative externalizes (which the liberals generally do)......BUT I think the current liberal regime needs a top to bottom sweep that only a changeover in government could do.

5.4MarkVIII
09-22-2016, 07:49 PM
Fact is people are just stupid.

Mcginty, Whynn. Truduo. Clinton. It's all the same cesspool of shit. And people flock to them with some idea that they care for the little guy.
Then they all blame the fact that they are broke on the rich.

hsousa88
09-22-2016, 08:00 PM
Fuck em all.

I vote green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83 5.0
09-23-2016, 08:39 AM
Still feel the Conservatives always eff up the perfect opportunities. Didn't they learn anything from Rob Ford, its all about respecting the taxpayer, and not about these niche little issues like sex ed, religious schools etc. That they burn themselves on.
Never count the Liberals out.

RedSN
09-23-2016, 12:14 PM
Instead of starting another Liberal Bashing Thread, I thought I would put this here.
Has anybody been following the "moving expenses" debacle?

Well, now Gerald Butts has decided to give back some of the $126,669.56 he claimed with the following explanation:

"As this process relates to us, we were eligible to be reimbursed for a bunch of costs that we don’t feel comfortable about. While the rules were clear and we followed them, we both know that’s not always enough."
Butt you took it anyway. :slap:

Moving expenses should be exactly that: expenses directly related to moving.
NOT expenses related to selling your $1M house.

stangstevers
09-23-2016, 12:28 PM
I'd vote liberal

hahaha joke

WTF
09-23-2016, 12:49 PM
Has anybody been following the "moving expenses" debacle?.

yup....it's fucking disgusting

it took the Federal Conservatives what...8-9 years in power before we got a spending scandal over a $16 orange juice.....it took this drama teacher 10 fucking months and it's considerably more than $16

92redragtop
09-23-2016, 02:09 PM
yup....it's fucking disgusting

it took the Federal Conservatives what...8-9 years in power before we got a spending scandal over a $16 orange juice.....it took this drama teacher 10 fucking months and it's considerably more than $16

Didn't this already happen with Health Minister Jane Philpott, except the dollars were smaller - but the sense of entitlement isn't.

RedSN
09-23-2016, 02:26 PM
Don't get me started on Jane, our wonderful representative from Markham—Stouffville :mad:

Health Minister Jane Philpott will stop using a pricey limousine service owned by a Liberal supporter after Conservatives complained about a $1,700 bill for transportation in the Greater Toronto Area. Philpott said in a statement Wednesday the price tag was "too high" and "inappropriate." "I have already taken steps to prevent this from occurring in the future," she said.
Again, making it sound like she is doing US a favour by putting an end to this entitlement.

WTF
09-23-2016, 03:07 PM
Didn't this already happen with Health Minister Jane Philpott, except the dollars were smaller - but the sense of entitlement isn't.

yeah....and that climate change bitch with her $10,000 pictures as well

and the ramifications for a Liberal feeding at the trough....say sorry that you got caught

Oda got turfed by Harper for the $16 OJ

Duffy was told by Harper to STFU and pay for his BS even though it was not against the rules...and the media goes apeshit because the chief of staff pays outta his own pocket so the taxpayers aren't on the hook for bullshit expenses

and fucking Trudeau happily signs off on one guy's $130k bill for moving from Toronto to Ottawa???

just makes me fucking livid

RedSN
09-23-2016, 03:32 PM

Environment Minister Catherine McKenna says her department will review its policies after it was revealed taxpayers were billed over $6,600 for a freelance photographer to follow her around at last year’s Paris climate summit.

Review it's policies!!?? Again with the f*ing response: we're looking into it so it doesn't happen again.

It must be a scripted Liberal response for when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. "It was perfectly legal, we were following the rules set out by the Conservatives, but since we are the good guys we are going to look into changing the regulations."

WTF
09-23-2016, 03:52 PM
"It was perfectly legal, we were following the rules set out by the Conservatives, but since we are the good guys we are going to look into changing the regulations."

apparently Harper wouldn't allow his Cabinet Ministers to claim anything over $30k for moving expenses....regardless of the rules

the liberals make me fucking sick

92redragtop
09-23-2016, 11:18 PM
Yup, there all alike - usually the sense of entitlement takes a couple years to creep in so this must be a record even for them. Now that the light is shining on the cockroaches they are scurrying and another 2 staffers today are paying back $20K-$30K in "moving expenses".

92redragtop
09-23-2016, 11:20 PM

and the ramifications for a Liberal feeding at the trough....say sorry that you got caught

Oda got turfed by Harper for the $16 OJ

Duffy was told by Harper to STFU and pay for his BS even though it was not against the rules...and the media goes apeshit because the chief of staff pays outta his own pocket so the taxpayers aren't on the hook for bullshit expenses

and fucking Trudeau happily signs off on one guy's $130k bill for moving from Toronto to Ottawa???

just makes me fucking livid

Oh right, I forgot about the photographer thing. Wynne is over her head too - we're in serious trouble.

ZR
09-24-2016, 07:09 AM
Yup, there all alike - usually the sense of entitlement takes a couple years to creep in so this must be a record even for them. Now that the light is shining on the cockroaches they are scurrying and another 2 staffers today are paying back $20K-$30K in "moving expenses".

Ya but thats ok cause they are paying it back. Disgusting one and all.

5.4MarkVIII
09-24-2016, 08:32 AM
Just goes to show who's side the media is on. During the election you could not go a day withou hear about Duffy.
And this stuff is just crickets.

WTF
09-24-2016, 10:39 AM
just got back from giving the Ont Gov't another $34 for an etest on the Stang

car is 16 years old...22,xxx kms on the clock and it's been etested 8 fucking times now

at least it passes the sham all modded to hell with a custom tune...that's about the only upside

2006-R/T_420
09-24-2016, 10:40 AM
apparently Harper wouldn't allow his Cabinet Ministers to claim anything over $30k for moving expenses....regardless of the rules

the liberals make me fucking sick

i think I read in 9 years Harpers Convervatives only paid out a little over $300K in moving expenses.

83 5.0
09-27-2016, 08:00 PM
Liberals about face on the Green energy Plan. They are going into re-election mode. Good article from the Financial Post on their shucking and jiving.

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/terence-corcoran-ontarios-huge-green-energy-about-face-shows-renewables-arent-so-doable-after-all

One should never underestimate the ability of politicians to convert massive policy failure into a dazzling display of green concern for the welfare of voters. That’s the trick now being attempted by the Liberal government of Ontario as it begins to unravel parts of its financially disastrous green energy program.

Only a government can get away with declaring a saving for consumers by not spending on projects that are not needed.

ZR
09-29-2016, 07:36 AM
Only the Ont govt would buy excess power at a crazy high cost only to bargain basement price it to the US. People, we can not get rid of the Liberals fast enough.

ZR
10-18-2016, 10:48 PM
Liberals are at it again.........check this out.

Ontario Energy Minister Glenn Thibeault is defending the fact that most of nearly $12 million spent on a plan to offer discounts to low-income electricity customers went to consultants and advertising.
About 145,000 of an estimated 500,000 eligible families have been approved to get between $30 and $50 a month taken off their electricity bills since the Ontario Electricity Support Program started last January.
“Twelve million to have 145,000 families, and hopefully more, to sign up for this program is money well spent,” Thibeault told a legislative committee Tuesday.

92redragtop
10-18-2016, 10:55 PM
Liberals are at it again.........check this out.

Ontario Energy Minister Glenn Thibeault is defending the fact that most of nearly $12 million spent on a plan to offer discounts to low-income electricity customers went to consultants and advertising.
About 145,000 of an estimated 500,000 eligible families have been approved to get between $30 and $50 a month taken off their electricity bills since the Ontario Electricity Support Program started last January.
“Twelve million to have 145,000 families, and hopefully more, to sign up for this program is money well spent,” Thibeault told a legislative committee Tuesday.

:facepalm:

ZR
10-18-2016, 10:58 PM
We are so screwed.

5.4MarkVIII
10-19-2016, 07:34 AM
I've heard these adds and the limitations you have to meet to get a discount at ludacrist.
I'm pretty sure the one add saying a family of 7 that makes less than $35k per year are eligible to save 30 bucks a month.

ZR
10-19-2016, 08:38 AM
Imagine how far the money they pissed away would have gone to really addressing the problem?

92redragtop
10-19-2016, 09:40 AM
I've heard these adds and the limitations you have to meet to get a discount at ludacrist.
I'm pretty sure the one add saying a family of 7 that makes less than $35k per year are eligible to save 30 bucks a month.

Family of 4 making less than $39K/year.

5.4MarkVIII
10-19-2016, 09:48 AM
Sorry just checked and your right. The other add says from one person making $28k to 7 people making a combined $52k.

WTF
10-19-2016, 11:30 AM
maybe the radio ads should have said:

"if you have a household income of less than $52k per year and have one kid.....THEN DON'T POP OUT FOUR FUCKING MORE KIDS"

ZR
10-19-2016, 05:05 PM
Also just announced today, projected ins rate reductions are not gonna happen either, will see an increase instead.

92redragtop
10-19-2016, 09:30 PM
One more example of how these folks starting with McGuinty and now Wynne are abject failures at anything they touch.

Ray721
10-19-2016, 09:39 PM
Also just announced today, projected ins rate reductions are not gonna happen either, will see an increase instead.

Yup. Just got our increase in the mail. Nothing changed. No accidents, no tickets. Just another year and at least 100,000km on the road without incident. Fucking BRUTAL.

83 5.0
10-19-2016, 10:02 PM
Even after spending this amount to get the word out, they obviously didn't get the message.
They just lined some Liberals pockets consulting on this.

ZR
10-19-2016, 10:03 PM
No, she wouldn't do that with our money.................would she??

ZR
10-21-2016, 06:55 AM
So let's test the kids n see what level their smarts are at................shit, it didn't work.

An online literacy test scheduled for thousands of high school students today has been cancelled after the system experienced province-wide technical failures.
The Education, Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO), which is responsible for overseeing the standardized tests in the province, at first described the problem as “a minor technical issue.”
The agency later said it was working to resolve the problem, but finally acknowledged two hours later that they weren’t able to resolve it.
PHOTOS
http://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.2525250.1440072147!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_225/image.jpg (http://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.2525250.1440072147!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg)

“We regret to inform you that we have cancelled today’s assessment,” EQAO said on Twitter about three hours after the test’s scheduled start time. “We acknowledge that we are experiencing widespread technical issues with the online #OSSLT network.”
At around 11:30 a.m., the EQAO advised all proctors to discontinue the test.
High school students across Ontario found themselves staring at a frozen web page for hours as the system failed.
School boards around the province reported problems with the online test Thursday morning and some cancelled it altogether before the EQAO said that it was pulling the test.
As many as 190,000 students had planned to take the test today, the first time the province has offered it online.
Because it is considered a trial run for the system, there is no penalty for students who failed the test or were unable to complete it.
Still, many parents and teachers expressed frustration that valuable learning time was wasted while students started at blank screens.

RedSN
10-21-2016, 09:03 AM
“We regret to inform you that we have cancelled today’s assessment,”
YAY!!!! :party:

5.4MarkVIII
10-21-2016, 09:10 AM
So the plan was to have what? 10,000 students log onto the same website at the same time and now they are all sitting down scratching their heads trying to figure out why it crashed.

Old Fart
10-21-2016, 08:27 PM
^^^
As many as 190,000 students had planned to take the test today,

ZR
10-25-2016, 07:14 AM
Hardly a week goes by and there isn't yet another news article about mismanaged money. Just how many hundreds of millions can they continue to piss away before Ontario is dead nutz broke?

Ontario's efforts to ease the upward pressure on electricity rates has been dealt a setback by a change in accounting practices.
In the government's public accounts for 2015-16, the Independent Electricity System Operator reported a "previously unrecognized actuarial loss and past service costs" of just over $80 million.
The provincial agency which oversees Ontario's electricity market says it will raise fees it charges the power industry to recover the losses as part of its accumulated deficit charge.
Progressive Conservative researchers discovered the $80 million loss in the public accounts and the Opposition plans to raise the issue in the legislature today.
The Tories point out the loss more than offsets the $70 million the Liberals said would be saved over seven years under Ontario's new deal to purchase two terawatt hours of electricity annually from Quebec.
The Liberals are also removing the eight per cent provincial portion of the HST from electricity bills, and scrapping plans for more wind and solar power projects, to reduce system costs and ease upward pressure on rates.
The IESO, which combined operations with the now-defunct Ontario Power Authority in January 2015, had an accumulated deficit of $74 million and a net debt of $184 million, with revenues of $187 million.

StAnger
10-25-2016, 07:33 AM
I guess we as Ontarians know what to do. Punt the c*nt!

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/wynne-says-she-has-no-intention-of-resigning-for-the-2018-election-1.3128758

ZR
10-25-2016, 07:44 AM
http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.2333599.1429363625!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_620/image.jpg

RedSN
10-25-2016, 09:00 AM
...Ontario's new deal to purchase two terawatt hours of electricity...

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t76/blskid1/uncledoc3.jpg

and scrapping plans for more wind and solar power projects
:clap2: finally.

ZR
11-01-2016, 11:02 PM
Two more Liberals in hot water.

Two Ontario Liberals were charged Tuesday with bribery under the Election Act, potentially setting the stage for a second Liberal trial in the run-up to the 2018 election.
The charges against Pat Sorbara, the party's CEO and 2018 campaign director, and Liberal operative Gerry Lougheed stem from allegations the pair offered a would-be candidate a job or appointment to get him to step aside in a 2015 byelection in Sudbury.
The Liberals ultimately won the seat, but the Ontario Provincial Police investigation overshadowed the race and has hung over the party ever since.
<article class="element onlineExtras" style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; line-height: 1; vertical-align: baseline; display: inline-block; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); min-height: 1em; position: relative; width: 220px;">http://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.1126505.1478031334!/httpImage/image.jpeg_gen/derivatives/portrait_300/image.jpeg (http://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.3141529!/httpFile/file.pdf)
COURT DOCUMENTSDetails on charges laid against Gerry Lougheed and Pat Sorbara.

GO
(http://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.3141529!/httpFile/file.pdf)
</article>PHOTOS
http://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.3141366.1478026163!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_225/image.jpg (http://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.3141366.1478026163!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg)

Patricia Sorbara and Gerald Lougheed Jr. are pictured in this combination photo.

http://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.3141356.1478025776!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_225/image.jpg (http://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.3141356.1478025776!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg)

Gerald Lougheed Jr. is pictured in this file photo.

http://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.3141324.1478025191!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_225/image.jpg (http://www.cp24.com/polopoly_fs/1.3141324.1478025191!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg)

Patricia Sorbara (left) is pictured with Premier Kathleen Wynne in this file photo.

Sorbara, who until recently was Premier Kathleen Wynne's deputy chief of staff, stepped down as party CEO and campaign director after the charges were laid.
"I continue to believe, with my whole heart, as I have from the beginning, that any charge against me will not succeed," she wrote to party president Vince Borg. "I am shocked by any suggestion that I have done anything wrong."
Sorbara's lawyers, meanwhile, questioned the merits of the charges.
"These are regulatory offences and stem from legislation that, it appears, is being applied in an unprecedented and extraordinary way," William Trudell and Erin Dann said in a statement.
"Ms Sorbara takes the allegations seriously. She not only looks forward to, but is indeed eager, to defend these charges in court, to vigorously scrutinize what has happened here and to clear her name and reputation once and for all."
A conviction under the bribery section of the Election Act carries a penalty of up to $5,000. If a judge finds it was broken "knowingly," the penalty is a fine of up to $25,000 and/or up to two years less a day in jail.
Ontario Provincial Police Commissioner Vince Hawkes called the investigation "complex and unprecedented" for the OPP anti-rackets branch. It's one of several OPP investigations into the Liberal government.
David Livingston and Laura Miller, two of former premier Dalton McGuinty's top staffers, are set to go on trial in September 2017. They were charged with breach of trust and mischief after a police investigation into the deletion of emails related to the Liberals' decision to cancel two gas plants prior to the 2011 election, at a cost of up to $1.1 billion.
Police are also looking into financial irregularities at the Ornge air ambulance service, and recently started another investigation after Trillium Power Wind Corp. complained to police about the alleged destruction of documents in a lawsuit it filed against the province.
Sorbara and Lougheed are to appear in court in Sudbury on Nov. 21, with a trial potentially looming around the time of the June 2018 election.
The OPP had been investigating the pair both criminally and under the Election Act. Sorbara was cleared criminally, but Lougheed was charged with one count of counselling an offence not committed and one count of unlawfully influencing or negotiating appointments -- charges that were stayed earlier this year.
Following the staying of Lougheed's criminal charges in April, the police turned their focus to the Election Act, specifically a bribery section that says no person shall directly or indirectly "give, procure or promise or agree to procure an office or employment to induce a person to become a candidate, refrain from becoming a candidate or withdraw his or her candidacy."
Lougheed's lawyer, Michael Lacy, said his client would respond to the allegations in court.
"Although these are not criminal charges, Gerry has maintained that he didn't do anything that would attract a culpable finding," Lacy wrote in a statement.
NDP Leader Andrea Horwath said she is "concerned about the lack of leadership that this premier has shown in the way that she's handled particularly Ms. Sorbara -- not only leaving her in her role here in the legislature while all of these questions swirl, but then even promoting her to a higher office."
Progressive Conservative Leader Patrick Brown said, "I think it's fair to say the appearance is that the premier is completely caught up on this."
The latest investigation was sparked by recordings made by Andrew Olivier, who was the Liberal candidate in Sudbury during the 2014 general election. As a quadriplegic man who often records his conversations in lieu of taking notes, Olivier recorded chats he had with Sorbara and Lougheed. Technical difficulties prevented him from recording a call he had with Wynne herself.
The Liberals have denied wrongdoing, saying they made no specific offer but were trying to keep Olivier involved in the party after deciding to appoint Glenn Thibeault as their candidate as he left his role as the New Democrat MP for the riding.

RedSN
11-01-2016, 11:05 PM
Wait, what?
That's NOT how politics work? Are you certain?

ZR
11-01-2016, 11:05 PM
^ True dat Don.

ZR
11-01-2016, 11:08 PM
http://fumingontarian.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/canthecurriculum2.jpg

Scrape
11-02-2016, 08:36 AM
All politics suck. Not one of them can be honest enough and support the people.

RedSN
11-02-2016, 09:36 AM
speaking of curriculum....

This guy has a clue

Prakash Amarasooriya ....is behind a petition launched by the Toronto Youth Cabinet three weeks ago that calls on the Ontario Ministry of Education to revamp its Grade 10 career studies course to incorporate the basics of budgeting.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/11/01/pushing-for-financial-literacy-in-the-classroom.html

I can't believe that there is NO teachings for basic budgeting and financial planning, quite honestly one of the most important basic skills you should have in this society.

Ontario already makes financial literacy part of the curriculum from grades 4 through 12, but in a scattered way that could benefit from more focus.

Tailites
11-02-2016, 12:16 PM
All politics suck. Not one of them can be honest enough and support the people.

now theres a revelation...

Tailites
11-02-2016, 12:18 PM
how can you tell when the politicians are lying?...

ZR
11-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Their lips are moving.

ZR
11-03-2016, 07:13 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ptrdqduwzm0/UZQQ1nBWiiI/AAAAAAAAM4Q/pL0wPjwHg_U/s1600/Buy+4+Politicians,+Get+One+Free.gif

ZR
11-07-2016, 09:01 AM
Support for Ontario’s premier appears to have taken a dive, according to a new poll released this week.
The new Mainstreet/ Postmedia poll, which surveyed 2,524 Ontario residents, found that 58 per cent of voters believe Premier Kathleen Wynne should resign.
“With the next Ontario election just a little more than 18 months away, Kathleen Wynne and the Ontario Liberals continue to plumb new depths as they now trail both the Patrick Brown led PCs and the Andrea Horwath led NDP,” Quito Maggi, president of Mainstreet Research, said in a written statement accompanying the poll.
Maggi added that Wynne’s approval rating is now just 15 per cent.
“There is very little good news for the current government and it may get worse as the effects of the recent charges against Ontario Liberal Party staff and operatives continue to dominate headlines,” he said.
The poll found that 53 per cent of respondents said they believe Wynne may have been involved in the bribery scandal.

ZR
11-07-2016, 09:02 AM
Keep sending the message to every single person you know in Ontario. Let's rid ourselves of the Ontario Liberals once and for all.

5.4MarkVIII
11-07-2016, 10:45 AM
Honestly if we want to be rid of the Ontario Liberals we need win to try and run for another term. I've heard and read many many times from people who hate Whynn but think things would be different with another leader heading up the Liberal party.

92redragtop
11-07-2016, 02:38 PM
speaking of curriculum....

This guy has a clue

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/11/01/pushing-for-financial-literacy-in-the-classroom.html

I can't believe that there is NO teachings for basic budgeting and financial planning, quite honestly one of the most important basic skills you should have in this society.

I don't think there is any in some college/university programs either depending on the discipline.

RedSN
11-08-2016, 01:23 PM
Great. Now Wynne is bringing back photo radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baddbullitt
11-08-2016, 01:42 PM
I heard that too.. Here we go again.. It was reported to be in school zones but I see that spanning out to a larger circle..

RedSN
11-08-2016, 02:01 PM
I heard that too.. Here we go again.. It was reported to be in school zones but I see that spanning out to a larger circle..
the same bit of legislation is also going to let municipalities set lower school zone limits ....i.e. photoradar triggered at 30 km/h.

If passed, the law would also allow municipalities to lower default speed limits from 50 km/h to 40 or 30.

5.4MarkVIII
11-08-2016, 03:18 PM
Just heard that on the news. They said "we need to cut down on the number of needless deaths in school zones"

I didn't relaize that was a big issue.

"Won't someone please think of the children!"

RedSN
11-08-2016, 03:44 PM
I didn't relaize that was a big issue.

You apparently don't have Markham caliber drivers in Hensall.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8fc_1462294971

beige Toyota Corolla traveling at a high rate of speed eastbound on 16th Avenue, east of Markham Road, out front of Brother Andre Catholic High School.

5.4MarkVIII
11-08-2016, 04:50 PM

This is true. We cant get our tractors going fast enough to break the speed limit.

5.4MarkVIII
11-08-2016, 05:03 PM
It's okay everyone can relax. They just did an update on the story in the news and Whynn assures everyone this is not meant to be a cash grab.

Boy I for one am relieved!

92redragtop
11-08-2016, 11:00 PM

Or people (ie. kids) walking around streets with their heads in their smartphones.

StAnger
11-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Anyone up for forming a lynch mob?

83 5.0
11-14-2016, 10:23 PM

ZR
11-18-2016, 08:40 AM
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE PEOPLE OF ONTARIO?

Call it a draw. A split decision.
Nothing changes — and Premier Kathleen Wynne can return to Queen’s Park unscathed on Monday morning.
Niagara West-Glanbrook is still Tory; Ottawa-Vanier, still Liberal.
One riding stayed loyal to its small and large C conservative roots.
The Liberals held Ottawa-Vanier by a comfortable margin.
It wasn’t even close in either riding.
Despite early warnings that Tory star candidate, former ombudsman Andre Marin, was about to roll over Liberal Nathalie Des Rosiers, the Grits were able to hang on to the seat handily.
A loss in a riding that’s been a Liberal shoo-in since 1971 would have signalled major problems for Wynne.
They threw everything at Ottawa-Vanier, a seat made vacant when Madeleine Meilleur, a former attorney-general, quit in June. Wynne visited several times. Heck, this week they came up with a shiny bauble in the shape of a land transfer tax cut in Finance Minister Charles Sousa’s Fall Economic Statement.
New Democrat Claude Bisson — brother of Timmins-James Bay MPP Gilles Bisson — came third.
Apparently voters in Vanier are more concerned about their tribal Liberal loyalty than they are with the province’s staggering $320 billion debt and ruinous electricity policies.
Even the bribery charges against two senior Liberal operatives over the Sudbury byelection scandal couldn’t push voters away from the knee-jerk reflex in voting Liberal.
They chose lawyer Des Rosiers overwhelmingly over Marin, a guy who fought tirelessly for the little guy as ombudsman. Still, you don’t ruffle feathers at Queen’s Park without making enemies.
While PC leader Patrick Brown must be delighted with the huge win for rookie Sam Oosterhoff in Niagara West-Glanbrook, it must be disappointing he couldn’t crack the red wall of Vanier. While Brown himself speaks good French, the Tories don’t have an MPP for whom French is their first language. As he seeks to rebuild the party into one that’s more multicultural and multi-ethnic, Brown must regret that he wasn’t able to bring Marin to the legislature.
Oosterhoff (rhymes with Toasterhoff) outsold two PC veterans — party president and former MP Rick Dykstra and regional councillor Tony Quirk — for the nomination.
He makes history as, at 19, he’s the youngest person ever elected to Queen’s Park — despite the incessant sniping that he’s too young, too inexperienced, too much of a social conservative to be elected.
Voters in NWG disagreed.
He won by a hefty margin. His detractors need to give it a break. The people of NWG have spoken. They’ve democratically chosen him — as is their right. That should put the matter to rest, but likely won’t.
It’s not up to pundits to elect MPPs. It’s up to the people.
In a slap to the Liberals, New Democrat Mike Thomas, a former Hamilton cop, came second, ahead of Liberal candidate, lawyer Vicky Ringuette.
Both Brown and Wynne can claim victory.
And Liberal knives are back in the drawer. Wynne can breathe easy. Recent polling show her at an all-time low in popularity. She was under great pressure from within. Apart from the third place finish in NWG, you’d never know from these results.
Byelections are a time for voters to register a protest against the government. It’s tough to read much anger in these numbers.
Apparently, we just can’t get enough of bad government.

92redragtop
11-18-2016, 10:28 AM
^^^Saw that this morning - can't believe people are still drinking the Koolaid.

ZR
11-18-2016, 10:32 AM
I just can't get my head around the thought pattern here.

bluetoy
11-18-2016, 12:45 PM
Vanier is full of welfare people. It's not a good place to live. The Tories were considering it a win if they got even slightly close to the libs in Vanier. It is considered the strongest liberal area in the country. Tories didn't expect to win.

2006-R/T_420
11-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Andre Marin would have made a great addition. too bad. Ottawa Vanier is clearly oblivious or on the liberal take

ZR
11-20-2016, 08:03 AM
Premier Kathleen Wynne is calling high electricity prices her "mistake."
In a speech to party faithful at the Ontario Liberal annual general meeting today in Ottawa, Wynne says she takes responsibility "for not paying close enough attention to some of the daily stresses in Ontarians' lives."
She says while she is proud of the work done to remove coal from the system and ensure adequate supply, it is unacceptable that some people have to choose between paying for food and heating.
As Wynne's personal popularity has plummeted under 20 per cent, rising hydro bills have become one of the most pressing issues for the governing party ahead of the June 2018 election.
She says she thinks her polling numbers are low because people think she's not who they elected, and that she has become a typical politician who will "do anything to win."
Wynne is committing to visiting every single riding between now and the election to connect with Ontarians.

2006-R/T_420
11-21-2016, 10:47 AM
Premier Kathleen Wynne is calling high electricity prices her "mistake."
In a speech to party faithful at the Ontario Liberal annual general meeting today in Ottawa, Wynne says she takes responsibility "for not paying close enough attention to some of the daily stresses in Ontarians' lives."
She says while she is proud of the work done to remove coal from the system and ensure adequate supply, it is unacceptable that some people have to choose between paying for food and heating.
As Wynne's personal popularity has plummeted under 20 per cent, rising hydro bills have become one of the most pressing issues for the governing party ahead of the June 2018 election.
She says she thinks her polling numbers are low because people think she's not who they elected, and that she has become a typical politician who will "do anything to win."
Wynne is committing to visiting every single riding between now and the election to connect with Ontarians.
she plans to address this with a carbon tax January 1st. This wasn't by mistake this was 100% intentional

ZR
11-21-2016, 04:47 PM
^ Yes it most certainly was.

RedSN
11-21-2016, 05:09 PM

How did the lynch mob go?
Or has it happened yet?

StAnger
11-21-2016, 07:06 PM
How did the lynch mob go?
Or has it happened yet?

You realize that I was being facetious, right?

ZR
11-25-2016, 08:31 AM
Smart meters — the $2-billion project to switch millions of Ontario households and small businesses to a differential hydro pricing scheme — are failing to accomplish the chief objective of curtailing electricity demand at peak periods, according to growing research.
The latest figures from the province's energy agencies indicate residential consumers are burning nearly as much hydro at peak periods as they were before smart meters were rolled out.
As well, cost of electricity at peak periods has soared 82 per cent since 2010, when smart meters and "time of use" pricing started becoming the norm for Ontario households.

Why hydro prices are so high in Ontario (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-hydro-bills-1.3860314)
'My mistake': Kathleen Wynne takes blame for unaffordable hydro bills (http://www.cbc.ca/1.3859003)

With many people in Ontario saying peak pricing is one of the reasons electricity bills are rising, the government of Kathleen Wynne is being forced to re-examine time-of-use pricing to meet its pledge of making hydro more affordable.
"Everything is on the table," Energy Minister Glenn Thibeault answered when I asked him at Queen's Park on Wednesday about changing the time-of-use program.
​"There are solutions that are being proposed out there and it's my job ... to find ways to continue to have downward pressure on rates," Thibeault said. "It's a difficult process to look at, but I know it's one that I'm happy to tackle."
https://i.cbc.ca/1.1577588.1402936671!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/original_620/smart-meter-cp-6824706-306x172.jpgA series of reports examining Ontario's electricity system indicate the smart meter project and time-of-use pricing are neither significantly reducing peak hydro demand nor persuading consumers to shift their usage to off-peak periods. (Canadian Press)

The province's rationale behind smart meters and peak-period pricing was "to give consumers incentives and opportunities to reduce their electricity bills by shifting their time of electricity use."
But consumers don't appear to be biting.
"The current time-of-use pricing structure has not provided sufficient incentives for consumers to shift and/or reduce use," concludes a recent review conducted by the Brattle Group consulting firm for the Independent Electricity System Operator.
It's the latest report indicating the smart metering initiative is failing to have a significant impact on demand. In addition:

The Environmental Commissioner of Ontario's 2015-16 Energy Conservation Progress Report found "a 0.7 per cent reduction in peak demand among residential customers" attributed to time-of-use pricing over a four-year period. The province had predicted the cut in demand would be six times greater than that.

ZR
11-25-2016, 08:33 AM
Not sure about everyone else, we've become anal about shutting lights off when we leave the room, use the dish washer / wash clothes only in off peak hours just to keep our bill in reality. Never once did I see a reduction in spite of changing all bulbs over to energy reducing versions.

5.4MarkVIII
11-25-2016, 11:21 PM
I've talked to cottage owners that turn the breakers off when they are not at the cottage threw out the summer. And it doesn't make a difference to the bill each month.

83 5.0
11-26-2016, 10:59 PM
How can you scale back? My Fridge, Freezer, Furnace all have to run at some point during Peak time. Otherwise Laundry is done off Peak, we only run our dishwasher once or twice aweek before we go to bed, and my bill is still about $140-$150 a month, not including the disasterous summer air conditioning bill which I am still dizzy from.
Conservation won't help as we all know, cause if they aren't getting the revenue due to the drop in consumption, they just find another Help the Hydro Folks surcharge to apply.

ZR
11-29-2016, 07:25 AM
The auditor general reported last year that fees to cover excess payments to electricity generators over the market price cost consumers $37 billion between 2006 and 2014 as the electricity portion of bills jumped 70 per cent. The auditor warned those fees would cost another $133 billion from 2015 to 2032.
The Progressive Conservatives said the Liberals should stop selling Hydro One, stop producing so much power that Ontario has to pay neighbouring states to take its excess, and restore municipal planning to the electricity sector.
"The fact is we have these giant wind turbines going up in unwilling host communities for surplus electricity that we do not need," said PC Leader Patrick Brown. "Their apology is fake when they don't change any of their policies."
Asked how he can meet Wynne's commitment to help consumers deal with soaring electricity rates -- in addition to the already announced plan to remove the eight per cent provincial portion of the HST from hydro bills starting in January -- Thibeault said everything was on the table.
"If it's 50 cents or $50, I'll look at all options," he said.
The energy minister said the province wasn't ready to remove a moratorium the Liberals imposed on off-shore wind power projects.
"We still need to look at the science on that," said Thibeault. "We're still waiting for the (ministry of environment and climate change) to bring that information to us, and once we have that we'll have to look at it as a government."

ZR
12-07-2016, 07:51 AM
Please read the entire article, lots of stuff about to take a significant price jump in the new year.

Still dazed and confused by the rise of Rob Ford, Brexit and Donald Trump?
For an answer, look no further than Premier Kathleen Wynne and her slimy league of slippery Liberals. They personify the shifty double-speak and baloney that has voters around the world in open rebellion.
On Jan. 1, the Wynnebags will suck and blow yet again — on your energy bills.
First, the suck: Energy Minister Glenn Thibeault this week said the cost of cap-and-trade WILL NOT be itemized on your natural gas bill.
Instead, the “tax” — by any other name it still smells like rotten eggs — will be buried in “delivery costs.”
Thibeault, the sultan of Sudbury, who by the bye was elected under suspicious circumstances, mewls that he can’t force the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) to do it. He says this with a straight face, as a member of the same government that brazenly cancelled billion-dollar gasplants and sent us on a green energy goosechase. (A skeptic might suggest the Wynnesters try bribery, but that’s still before the courts.)
Thibeault baldly claims his hands are tied, though 89% of gas customers, 75 of 80 surveyed companies and groups, and last week the Ontario auditor general herself want the carbon cost spelled out on your gas bill.
Next comes the blow: Your hydro bill WILL itemize the 8% HST rebate bestowed on you by Mama Wynne and her benevolent band. The Liberals insisted on it. They hope it will take the sting out of soaring rates resulting from their historic bungling of the energy file.
The rebate also takes effect Jan. 1.
So, there you go. Suck and blow.
To misquote George Orwell: All government bills are equal, some are just more equal than others, meaning the ones that make Liberals look good.
“Surprise, surprise,” as Global anchor Alan Carter opined this week.
“Convenient,” said Tory leader Patrick Brown.
“AWFULLY convenient,” said NDP leader Andrea Horwath.
No kidding. Not to mention cynical. I swear to God this corrupt, manipulative, scheming, self-righteous, arrogant government believes it can hoodwink its way to yet another appalling re-election. They are the Walter “Breaking Bad” White of governments.
Sadly, they might be right. We voters have grown numb to their taxes and shady tactics.
Here, for instance, are some levies listed on the Wynne government’s own website. Better sit down:
Beer and wine tax, corporations tax, capital tax, corporate income tax, corporate minimum tax, insurance premium tax, debt retirement charge, employer health tax, estate administration tax (formerly known as probate fees, aka death tax), fuel tax, gasoline tax, goods and services tax (Canada Revenue Agency), gross revenue charge, harmonized sales tax, international fuel tax agreement, international registration plan, land transfer tax, mining tax, Ontario health premium, payments in lieu of additional municipal and school taxes, payments in lieu of federal and provincial corporate tax (hydro PILs), personal income tax, property tax, provincial land tax, provincial sales tax, race tracks tax, retail sales tax, succession duty, tobacco tax, transfer tax ...
So, I suppose, what’s one more tax among us chickens?
(Editor’s note: You made a mistake, Strobel. Surely there can’t be a fuel tax AND a gas tax.) In Ontari-ari-ari-owe there can be, boss. The former is for diesel.
Oh, and the website doesn’t mention that the Jan. 1 carbon crapola, besides swelling your home costs, will add another four cents to a litre of gasoline.
The hits just keep coming with these bozos. Yet they’ve wiggled off more hooks than a wily old bass.
Surely not again. Surely the Opposition can’t suck at yet another election campaign. If they do, man, it’ll really blow.
Countdown to the vote: 548 days.

ZR
12-09-2016, 08:24 AM
Did you know, OHIP will cover the costs of a sex change surgery but won't cover the costs of a procedure to prevent a young man from going blind?

2006-R/T_420
12-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Did you know, OHIP will cover the costs of a sex change surgery but won't cover the costs of a procedure to prevent a young man from going blind?

liberal thought process is the most distorted thought process

5.4MarkVIII
12-09-2016, 06:19 PM

I was like no way that can't be true so i looked it up and yes it's true. Ohio will cover a sex change if you have two assessments saying it's medically necessary. How is a sex change ever a medical necessity? Further to that there is no age limit that must be met. As long as a dr gives the thumbs up. The government pays for it.

ZR
12-09-2016, 06:28 PM
About as screwed up a deal as it gets.

RedSN
12-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Context? Details? Link?

For all I know, it could be a young woman, that got a sex change, and is now going blind, from masturbating too much.

92redragtop
12-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Why is the NDP even commenting on what this government is doing wrong? Andrea had a chance to take them out and let herself get bamboozled on insurance rate "stretch goals".

ZR
12-13-2016, 08:02 PM
So the govt's forcing monthly bills is going to add millions to the cost incurred by delivery co's. Of course that will mean hydro bills will increase yet again.
Is there anything the Ontario Liberal party has got right?

RedSN
12-13-2016, 08:10 PM
Legalizing pot? :shrug:
Replacing our antique search and rescue planes with new ones? :shrug:

That's about it.

83 5.0
12-13-2016, 11:15 PM
I still won't count Wynne and the Liberals out in the next election. Conservatives are really not putting up any credible leadership, or ball busting strategy to put an end to this Liberal fiasco.
Maybe if Christine Elliot had been elected to be the Conservative leadership it may look different now, Patrick Brown and Sam Oosterhoof figured a way to game the system to get elected.

92redragtop
12-13-2016, 11:59 PM
Legalizing pot? :shrug:
Replacing our antique search and rescue planes with new ones? :shrug:

That's about it.

That's the Feds not Ontario.

StAnger
12-14-2016, 12:06 AM
I still won't count Wynne and the Liberals out in the next election. Conservatives are really not putting up any credible leadership, or ball busting strategy to put an end to this Liberal fiasco.
Maybe if Christine Elliot had been elected to be the Conservative leadership it may look different now, Patrick Brown and Sam Oosterhoof figured a way to game the system to get elected.

In a perfect world Kevin O'Leary would run for Premier, and Kellie Leitch would get the nod to run for PM. O'Leary could use his business sense to at least attempt to repair the damage done by 13 years of liberal "government", and Leitch could undo the damage Princess Selfie-stick has done. Namely the forthcoming carbon tax, and kicking the good for nothing refugees out, or at the very least not letting more of them in.