PDA

View Full Version : October is now Islamic Heritage Month in Ontario

Zexhuffer
10-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Congrats Ontario::highfive:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/10/06/october-is-now-islamic-heritage-month-in-ontario.html

October will now officially be recognized as Islamic Heritage Month in Ontario after the legislature unanimously passed an act Thursday.

It began as an NDP private members’ bill, and party leader Andrea Horwath says it’s an opportunity to celebrate and learn about the history of Islamic culture.

Horwath says she also hopes it’s also a step toward eliminating Islamophobia, noting that in her city of Hamilton, a fire was set at a mosque recently.

Canadian Islamic History Month has been officially recognized federally since 2007.

Fareen Khan, with the International Development and Relief Organization, joined Horwath at the legislature and says it’s important to profile and highlight the positive contributions of Muslims.

The news comes as Mirza Masroor Ahmad, the current and fifth caliph and leader of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, is slated to be in Toronto on Friday for a three-day Islamic convention.

He’ll deliver a sermon to thousands of attendees representing more than 20 countries, and to Muslims worldwide via the global satellite TV network Muslim Television Ahmadiyya.

StAnger
10-06-2016, 07:09 PM
This country disgusts me.

R3troGT
10-06-2016, 08:19 PM
How very PC off them. Won't change a fucking thing

Harbinger
10-06-2016, 08:28 PM
Hey we should also make a national jewish heritage month too!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

bluetoy
10-06-2016, 09:28 PM
What about a national atheist heritage month!

StAnger
10-06-2016, 09:48 PM
What about a national atheist heritage month!

That would be nice.

Zexhuffer
10-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Hey we should also make a national jewish heritage month too!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Why should we have a national heritage month for anyone? I'm a jew and i don't need or want one.

Harbinger
10-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Why should we have a national heritage month for anyone? I'm a jew and i don't need or want one.
Sarcasm my Jewish brother.

92redragtop
10-06-2016, 10:07 PM
Ugh - no need for this. Was this even publicized prior to the vote? And we have a federal one too?

83 5.0
10-06-2016, 10:33 PM
The calendar must all be filled with the declarations from the Province and The Feds over the years. I wonder what group was bumped to make room for this declaration.
Pandering for votes never ceases.

Ponyryd
10-06-2016, 11:06 PM
There should really be a Canadian Heritage Month....or better yet make it all year, yeah, it could be a celebration of Canadian culture, you know, being decent and friendly to each other, not wearing stuff that completely hides our identity, not refusing to remove turbins or stuff that hides our identity, speaking in English or French, or at least trying to learn English or French.....fell free to add stuff as you like guys.

RedSN
10-06-2016, 11:47 PM
The month was kicked off by National Coffee Day (Oct. 1st). Does anybody care about any of this shit? There's so many national this and that days it really doesn't matter. The only two days that mean ANYTHING on my calendar are: July 1, and November 11. ....and track days.

r-model
10-07-2016, 07:02 AM
This is wrong on so many levels, promoting terrorists, what a bunch of fucking retards lieberal and NDP (New Communist Party)

ZR
10-07-2016, 07:16 AM
I tend to agree with you Don, so many this that and the other thing days, who really cares. Only rub for me, tired of the govt shoving it down our collective throats via advertising we pay for. Gotta wonder how many fires related to real issues could be put out with the dollars / effort spent debating n promoting this stuff.

RedSN
10-07-2016, 08:35 AM
This is wrong on so many levels, promoting terrorists,
You hear "Islam Heritage" and make the direct leap to "Terrorist Month"?
You are right, this entire month they will be holding many "how-to" seminars on: making bombs, kidnapping, beheading, and "death to America!"

:facepalm:

BTW, stay away from Oktoberfest....

70XR7
10-07-2016, 09:57 AM
I 2nd the idea of an Atheist Heritage Month.

92redragtop
10-07-2016, 12:18 PM
You hear "Islam Heritage" and make the direct leap to "Terrorist Month"?
You are right, this entire month they will be holding many "how-to" seminars on:

:facepalm:

BTW, stay away from Oktoberfest....

LOL - some analyst at CSIS is probably wondering if this post if "chatter"