Harbinger
10-27-2016, 09:29 AM
Did they start salting the GTA yet ?

WTF
10-27-2016, 11:14 AM
my unofficial survey of one says NO

this morning at Yonge and Sheppard was fine...just rain

same thing when I got downtown (Yonge and Front)....just rain

temps are supposed to go back up tomorrow and for the next couple of weeks so I think the city roads might be solt free for a while yet

RedSN
10-27-2016, 11:16 AM
they poured brine on the roads here earlier this week.

tulowd
10-27-2016, 12:09 PM
the brine is more corrosive than the salt....yuck!!

JonsMustang
10-27-2016, 12:10 PM
Looks like its only people up north that got hit with snow.

Harbinger
10-27-2016, 01:02 PM
god damn it if they got brine im so screwed i have a krown apptmt on friday morning and my previous winter rims will not clear the cobra breaks on my mach 1. I'm actively searching for a beater...id rather not have to get winter tires and waste the money and damage the mach 1 with the salt

Harbinger
10-27-2016, 01:08 PM
Last night there was snow driving back from scarborough to thornhill

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Laffs
10-27-2016, 01:57 PM
god damn it if they got brine im so screwed i have a krown apptmt on friday morning and my previous winter rims will not clear the cobra breaks on my mach 1. I'm actively searching for a beater...id rather not have to get winter tires and waste the money and damage the mach 1 with the salt

Inhale, than exhale. If you do drive it over some saltyness, drive it up on ramps on on jackstands and get out the hose, soap, and bucket and give the underside a nice quick scrubbing. Car won't turn to a barnacle overnight from its first dabble with the NaCL beast. My car has seen a couple of salty roads (I once put it away late in November after we got a dumping of the stuff and the roads were covered) but I got under and cleaned it all up and it still looks great underneath.

RedSN
10-27-2016, 02:02 PM
Dry brine is fine, IMO, it stays on/in the road. But I wouldn't recommend driving out there on the wet roads today, cars will be getting well splashed with salt today.

Friday is looking okay. Next Tuesday is supposed to be nice again. Lots of nice days left to get stuff done to the car.

Harbinger
10-27-2016, 02:08 PM
I dont have stands and it wont clear the ramps cause pf the front lip

Laffs
10-27-2016, 02:30 PM
I dont have stands and it wont clear the ramps cause pf the front lip

You handy at all? Get some 2x10 or 2x12s and build a pair. Guarantee my car is lower than yours and the ramps I built were cheap and work great.

Harbinger
10-27-2016, 02:55 PM
I can figure stuff out but never did any work with wood. My issue is garage space but maybe i can figure something out. I still have to drive the car today so can't do much. Little salt won't kill her

You handy at all? Get some 2x10 or 2x12s and build a pair. Guarantee my car is lower than yours and the ramps I built were cheap and work great.