Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 2006 Mustang GT Auto - What to look for?

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    Budget is keeping me in the 3V territory. I made a deal on a car and I am picking it up tomorrow It's my daily driver so the 300hp will be more than enough Although ive read the 3V auto with CAI, gears and tune will run low 13's which IMO is fantastic for a DD.
    just reading up on your thread Norm, sorry to hear about your car ( my wife even commented on your car when she saw it at Lowes) - glad you are ok and insurance worked out.
    Congrats on the 3v- its plenty fast! Coyotes are over rated anyway mine probably runs 15's- 16s lol! Like I said " power problems" lol

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

LOL thanks guys! Can't wait to pick it up. I look forward to the improved ride quality and power over the 96GT. I already have mods planned....just need the money lol.

My old '05 GT auto had 4.30's, C&L Racer intake tube and tune as well as secondary runner delete plates. It ran 13.1 @ 104 on too tall (28" tall) street tires. The fellow I sold it too put on some 26" Nittos and pounded off a string of 12.80's @ 105.

The old 3V is/was a good running engine.

I don't miss the car, I'm old school and like rough around the edges but my wife sure missed the comfort of it. LOL!

That's awesome! It may find the strip at some point for fun, but it's my DD and I still have the Fox Those are impressive numbers! I may not do a gear in it, but it'll definitely get a CAI and tune. It has a Pypes Axle back system on it and may try to pick up a midpipe. It'll also eventually get lower control arms and relocation brackers, lowered and all the items to go with that.

Mine is an 07 Auto convertible. (So it's a heavy pig). I have Roush CAI, mail order tune, 4.10 gears and FRPP hotrod cams. It goes like hell and is faster than my 96 Cobra with 4.10, C&L cai, MMR Intake plenum spacer, Aluminum flywheel, king cobra clutch, steeda billet adjustable lca's and underdrive pullies.

Im excited about the potential of this car even though it's only my DD. Makes me want to eventually do gears in it as well lol. My 96GT Auto with the 3.73 was nice.....I think if I did this car id probably go 4.10.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    Im excited about the potential of this car even though it's only my DD. Makes me want to eventually do gears in it as well lol. My 96GT Auto with the 3.73 was nice.....I think if I did this car id probably go 4.10.
    careful Norm- this is not sounding like a " daily" anymore- you'll have to explain to wifey that you need to pick up a " real daily" ie some older smaller gas efficient car as well

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver