Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Mustang GT Auto - What to look for?

It was pretty clean. Can tell it never saw winter and was pretty well taken care of. Hood is painted....which I expected or would expect to paint. Front bumper painted....ok job and RR Qtr painted...pretty good job. No signs of really bodywork that I can see....and is straight with no waves. So all repaint is pretty minor...from what I can see no accidents. All power options work perfect including the shaker 1000 subs so no SJB issues that I can see. This car is currently top of the list. I still havent heard from my insurance so I don't want to pull the trigger yet....and I still have the rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    Looks like some serious issues...should I stay away since it will be a daily driver including winter?
    Had my water leak fixed on my 05 no issues since (3 years ago).
    In my case it was water coming in through the cabin filter - result of plugged drain on engine side of firewall.

The only issue I felt was major was the corrosion of the aluminum hood. After replacing factory hood with another, finally replaced second hood with a fibreglass one.

I must be lucky, original hood with original paint 2006. It is flaking on the underside a little but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    I still havent heard from my insurance so I don't want to pull the trigger yet....and I still have the rental.
    Sorry to break it to you, but unless it was insured for agreed replacement value, you aren't getting anything for a 20 y/o car.
    -Don____________

That would hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    I must be lucky, original hood with original paint 2006. It is flaking on the underside a little but that's it.
    Could also be improved production methods as yours is a 2006 and mine a 2005, built in November 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    Could also be improved production methods as yours is a 2006 and mine a 2005, built in November 2004.
    My 05 has no flaking in the hood and as far as I know was never repainted.

The 99 your looking at looks pretty nice but the s197 is a whole lot more car in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, but unless it was insured for agreed replacement value, you aren't getting anything for a 20 y/o car.
    You are never going to believe what they are giving me.....lets just say with tax its almost enough to buy this 06GT I want (before tax on this car)

As you know, doesn't work out that way very often.
    Cool it has for you.

Good to hear