Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF..........stealing diff covers?

WTF..........stealing diff covers?

Peel Police - Police Issue Warning to Public Regarding Theft From Vehicles Rendering Them Unsafe For Operation

Posted on Tuesday December 13, 2016

Mississauga – Investigators from the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau are warning the public of a number of thefts from vehicles which are rendering the vehicles unsafe for operation after the property is removed. Between November 2016 and December 2016, there have been twelve thefts of the rear differential plates that have been removed from Dodge and GMC pick-up trucks. The incidents have occurred in the area of Mississauga Road and Highway 401 in the City of Mississauga. The suspect has targeted vehicles parked in large parking lots such as transit lots, car pool lots, and hotel parking lots.The removal of the differential plate from underneath the vehicle results in the draining of fluid from the compartment which lubricates the gears and powers the axels of the truck. When not lubricated, the gears can overheat and seize without warning causing serious safety risks to the occupants of the vehicles.Police are advising the public who operate these types of vehicles to check for any obvious fluid leakage underneath their vehicle while parked in large parking lots. Police are seeking the public’s assistance and are asked to contact police if they observe anyone working underneath similar vehicles in parking lots.

For a steel diff cover, makes no sense unless trucks were equipped with say a fancy alum one.

Wtf...getting a little petty, and stupid.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Roushcharged
    Would hate to think someone would do this to benefit a business...... The only result from removing a diff cover would be a costly repair.

Could also be dangerous. Gotta hope they aren't being totally pricks and removing diff pins / C clips so axles can slide out. On a drum brake, wheel would come off almost immediately, disc could see it happen well down the road, possibly at speed.

Other than a vandalism/practical-joke, I don't see the point of this. It can't be for profit.

I can only hope the thieves got their hands covered in diff oil, and now stink.
    -Don____________

Wow that's crazy, we just had a power steering pump stolen from a 2017 F250 last week

We recieved a email from from FCA warning us about trucks coming in like this and for us not to touch the vehicle and to contact them. They also mentioned that it would be a fleet vehicle.
    Sounds like a piss off employee maybe be the culprit

Stealing stock diff covers or the fancy Mag-Hytec units? Stock makes 0 sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

^^^ $400 a pop, that makes more sense.
    -Don____________