Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 2015-2017 F-150's TSB ALERT - Frozen/Inoperative Door Locks

FIVE0FOX

2015-2017 F-150's TSB ALERT - Frozen/Inoperative Door Locks

FYI

Just issued, TSB 16-0155 covers all 2015-2017 F150's that have problems with the door locks freezing.

Happened to my truck the other day and today, had to use the key on the drivers door and climb through the truck to unlock/lock the doors.

Erinwood Ford is taking care of mine, replacing the hardware on all 4 doors but all parts are on back-ordered and no delivery date is set...great.

http://www.f150forum.com/f118/frozen...0155-a-364200/

03svt
    Happened to me all last week on my just on the rear doors, tried to read if it was a common issue..

Thanks for the update

Club Sponsor Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT's Avatar
    We've seen a few trucks here with that issue as well. Parts are in short supply as mentioned.
    Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT - Waterloo
    www.parkwayford.ca
    toll free lines:
    sales dept 866-980-6752
    service dept 888-785-4008
    parts direct 844-339-0452
    we're on Instagram: parkwayford

Mine do the same thing, just have to find the time to get in into the dealer.......

FIVE0FOX
    Seems like alot of people in the US have the same issue and have been chasing parts since the TSB came out in November.

The Advisor at Erinwood requested a rush mainly because it affects the doors for my child seats. I just cant understand why this is only a TSB and not a safety recall; my original theory is that it only affects vehicles in cold climates?!

Any quick fixes?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Mustang Occasionally
    I don't recall any issues with my 15. And I don't think I've had any issues with my current one. I washed it Mon morning (-13) and then parked it. Got in it Monday aft, no probs.

03svt
    I didn't have any issues with my 15, my 16 has been a pain this last week, I actually couldn't close my drivers door a couple days ago when I left work.. hasn't done it again since, going to call tmmw and see about getting truck in.

Haven't washed mine since the cold broke, so not sure what set it off.. asshole truck.