Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MAX Brakes - Richmond Hill - Any good?

Are the bullitt pads different than stock GT?

Yes Sir.

tulowd
    DD and abuse are mutually exclusive terms when it comes to brakes, unless you have tracked the car at a road course in anger.
    Gentle roadcourse use will tell you how good the material quality is, hard use will tell you in a few laps at DDT or TMP.

OEM strreet use brakes are designed to work under panic conditions when cold and last some acceptable amount of time. High performance brake parts have a wider range of requirements.

Cheap brakes = fail, usually pads are the biggest problem there. Rotors depend mostly on the material chosen, as well as the machining process, so there are plenty of decent options out there, especially for street driving applications.

All things being equal:
    Drilled rotors will bite hardest on initial contact, thats why lots of high end OEM rotors carry this design - Porsche, Benz/AMG for example.
    Slotted and drilled next best initial bite.
    Slotted only next, but the best overall compromise, and ideal for track use. Brembo Cobra R kit comes with this design, with real Brembo rotors, that are presumably a higher quality base material with good machining and concentricity/flatness.
    Plain rotors next, but they maintain the most mass, so they can handle slightly more heat before reaching their limits and are the least expensive.

Then you also have to consider the internal venting of the rotors, if so equipped - straight vaned, or curved / asymetrical, so you need left and right models.
    Varying opinions on here, but slotted face with curved vane is my preference.

The newer e coatings are very good, no rust, even on the rotor edge, since most Ford calipers don't position the pad at the outer perimeter for some reason.

Thanks guys. I may look at Max brakes for their coated rotors but look to EBC for pads. EBC Red's should be fine for a street car right?

Running Reds on my Cobra with drilled/slotted rotors. Work great but are noisy. Greens better for DD.

HPS...Then I can buy brembos

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I use ebc reds and I like them
    I also have the stop tech sport pads
    They dust 2 times as much as the ebc

tulowd
    EBC Reds were totally quiet on my drilled and slotted SSBC rotors / Cobra PBR setup. One of the best street pads I've ever used. No dust, quiet and last long time...well, until you get to the road course lol

Seem similar results as Paul using Reds on my own + few club members cars.
    Could be you got a bad set or maybe it was rotors Greg.

Monera3v
    (y) Ebc red has been very loyal and pads still got tons of life, even after 30k, unless Rick Recalls when he put them in I think it was before the engine blew in my car then it be more then 30k.