Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VW TDI Settlement Black Book Prices

01CobraVert

VW TDI Settlement Black Book Prices

Looking to get the Black Book price for my 2013 Jetta TDI Comfortline sedan as at September 18, 2015
    Does anyone know where I can get this info?
    thanks G

Nope. Have you joined the facebook group "Canadian VW TDI Owners" https://www.facebook.com/groups/534331546750939/

Sounds like Canadians aren't getting the sweet deal the US guys got. I'm keeping mine anyway since I bought after Sept 18/15. I don't get any buyback option, only fix. I'm not going to "fix" it either. I wouldn't do the buyback even if they offered it. Love my car and there is nothing available that even compares to the TDI. Really sounds like you won't be able to get the value of the offer until 20 days before your buyback appt. Also sounds like the offers are based on wholesale prices and anything over 20k/yr will put your car in the rough category.

01CobraVert
    I love the car as well
    I have read we've rethink quickly 23 pages
    Are there any emission challenges if you do nothing then try and sell the car say in 5 years?
    I cannot determine risks to do nothing
    the car you currently own is always the best deal
    even if I get $20,000 still can not buy anything comperable

My take, being how high profile this whole ordeal became, feel pretty strongly that there will be some of tracking done as to future emissions testing.

If they don't change the laws in Ontario then you have no risk keeping your car. It will pass emission tests. I think once everyone turns in their TDI the prices will rise. I haven't seen a decline in prices yet. Look online and try to find a cheap deal on a TDI. I really can't see the gov't changing the laws for the few remaining TDI's after all the buybacks are done. You can always opt for the fix and if they don't change the laws then don't get the fix.. Don't forget, if you keep the car you don't need an E-test until 2020.

I can access Black Book through CAA. Need your engine size, trans info and mileage. For a 2.0 litre, 5 speed and 100,000 kms, I get $7700 for average trade-in and $9750 for average retail.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruter View Post
    I can access Black Book through CAA. Need your engine size, trans info and mileage. For a 2.0 litre, 5 speed and 100,000 kms, I get $7700 for average trade-in and $9750 for average retail.
    Is that Sept 15 2015 values? because thats the settlement.

It's todays value. If you are looking for a 2015 value, I think you would need to find an old black book from a car dealer... if he stills has them.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

01CobraVert
    yeah the buy back is based on Sept 2015 CBB price
    I do not think it will be a great deal based on what I have seen
    If you keep the car to retro fit, they give 50% of the money after fix is complete, assuming a fix gets accepted by the government
    I need to read the 23 pages again to understand it
    g

Won't the fix make it worse on gas ?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk