After the announcement of the new season of Fast N Loud, internet rumors had the bearded wonder, Aaron Kaufman, leaving. Turns out they were true.

In what will be quite a shock to the legions of Fast N Loud Fans, Gas Monkey Garage’s master mechanic is leaving after 13 years. It is hard to even think of Fast N Loud without Aaron, but we are going to have to.
Since the inception of Fast N Loud, Aaron Kaufman has been at the side of head monkey, Richard Rawlings. The opening of the show is always the two of them together. The best builds in the show’s history have been the product of the twos disagreements and compromise.

While no reason has been given for Kaufman’s departure, Richard Rawlings took to Gas Monkey’s website to announce his leaving. Richard made it clear that Aaron was not dismissed and that how he was shocked at the decision.
And to Aaron, I would like to sincerely express my appreciation for the 13 years you put into GMG. We worked long and hard from the bottom to the top. Not everyday was good, and we had our share of disagreements, but it has been a hell of a ride and I would not change a minute of it. Neither of us could have achieved this without the other. Thank You, Sir.

For Fast N Loud, this is not the first Monkey to take flight. It seems that each year has seen the departure of multiple staff members. The spin-off show, Misfit Garage, was originally staffed entirely by former Gas Monkey employees.
When reached for comment, Discovery Channel has nothing but positives to say about Kaufman. Also in their statement was a hint that Kaufman might end up in a future network project. With his experience, he is a natural.