Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What should I get for next DD?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Keep the Jetta.
    Another vote for keep.
    It's only 4 y/o LOL.
    -Don____________

Mother inlaw has a Subaru forester they bought new in 2010. Never a problem with close to 200k on it.
    All wheel drive, good fuel economy, power is meh Ok. Good little car if you want a car.

My self love having a truck with a cap.
    Mega cargo space, towing, 4x4, comfort, safety. But 14L/ 100km instead of the 5.5 your getting.

Drtoronto
    Love my explorer xlt 3.5 2016 gets pretty good mileage way way better then the Eco and it's big

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    I would say Golf Sportwagen, Audi A4 or the Q50S (300hp).

Which one do you have Gabe?
    My nephew has the Sportwagen. I think they look very cool.

01CobraVert
    jaguar makes a deseil XE

I would say Golf Sportwagen, Audi A4 or the Q50S (300hp).

Which one do you have Gabe?
    The 300hp sport version which is the turbo 3l V6

Quote Originally Posted by bbriann View Post
    I drive a 3L AWD ford fusion. Very solid 3800 lbs .Gets 30 mpg and I drive hard has 240hp. Anyway new fusion has a 2.7L AWD twin turbo 325hp...a nice family car? Engine used in F150 pick up.
    All Wheel Drive. ..it is awesome in winter and useful getting in out cottage roads
    Once tried it you can't go back. Put pedal down and go while others 2 wheels are spinning
    And going no where ...especially nice when getting up to speed in winter while merging
    With traffic...all vehicles more less stop the same

All Wheel Drive is definitely awesome in all conditions. I have owned 3 thus far. 1 Subaru, 1 Audi and recently my Infiniti. All three were great vehicles in their own respect. I do regret recently getting rid of my Q50S especially with this crappy weather and rising gas prices. I too need to rethink my daily driver as I have an opportunity for a new position at a new firm out in the west end of the city and with heavy traffic the SRT 392 will not be fun to drive in stop and go traffic. My wife and I are quite unhappy with the fuel consumption of this SRT. My old Mustang was better than this car so up it goes for sale in the spring time. Need to take care of the Mrs and my wallet. Happy wife, happy life as they say.

Picture for old times sake of my Q50S

Cmon Scrape the Chally is a toy not a true dd ,don't do it lol, it's too nice . I'd get a cheap econobox for dd warrior activity
    My2c

Guy across the street from me has ^^^ one of these too, I think they are great looking cars, not sure the cost or overall performance, but If you are changing cars again, take a look at a Lexus.

I bought my wife the 2015 IS250 F Sport, we've had it just over two years, now has 38K on the clock and 5K I just put on it this last week I took it to Florida and back 5400kms in less than four days. The car took it like a champ, never missed a beat, rode great and I realized why I bought it. averaged 9.2L/100KM on the trip, usually gets around 12 in the city, exactly what my old BMW would get.

I drive a 2016 F150 as my daily and I won't change that, but Lexus has the upscale feel and performance without the BMW/Mercedes price tag. Car takes regular 87 octane and uses Toyota parts for brakes etc.

After this, I was considering the Hellcat Jeep, but it will have a hefty price tag and will suck gas, so we'll see. Another IS or stepping up to the GS is an option too.