Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catted Midpipe - Bassani or ????

Monera3v
    Yes Indeed I would love a real world review of those 2 cats :O I have heard of GESI just no one owns them.
    Maybe due to price?
    Vibrant makes good cat? U.S guys complain... but review from them are sometimes the worst...

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    ^ Are you running them? Love to hear some real world reviews. On mine, lucky to get three seasons out of cats before it's time to replace.
    I have the regular Vibrant spun metallic cats. Passes a smog test on my car with no problems. My buddy used them on his Twin Turbo Viper as well, making 1100+ Rear Wheel. They held up.

The GESi cats are supposed to the meow of all cats. Hoping to get a buddy to run them on his Turbo SN.

On the old test, never a problem to pass with flying colors even with cheapie Maggy replacements. Problem is, they start to deteriorate n fall apart inside then power falls off.
    I'm sure the track day abuse is the bulk of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    On the old test, never a problem to pass with flying colors even with cheapie Maggy replacements. Problem is, they start to deteriorate n fall apart inside then power falls off.
    I'm sure the track day abuse is the bulk of the problem.
    The ceramic substrate cats will not hold up to the abuse. The "higher flowing" metallic substrate ones will outlast the ceramic ones. Which cheapie magnaflow ones were they?

Big fan of the Bassani x-pipe Rick installed for me last year. Couldn't have fit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Big fan of the Bassani x-pipe Rick installed for me last year. Couldn't have fit better.
    Was this the multi piece unit or the 1 piece?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

On our old 95 5.0. We had bassni full exhaust headers back included their stainless cats. Just loved the sound. No drone, it was a soft top made a gutless car fun.

On our cobra we had Magnaflow header back stainless complete. Luv the big block sound of the dohc just before the hit boost. https://youtu.be/xo5n95gS6F0

Cars were both bone stock no tunes with cold air intakes. Both sets are nice. The magnaflow stuff seems to discolour more but neither set showns signs of rust from some of the cheaper dirty stainless on the "other brands"