Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Have a Comedian co host n ya he's gonna say stuff.

Post Have a Comedian co host n ya he's gonna say stuff.

The head of the Juno Awards is apologizing for comments that co-host Russell Peters made during Sunday's telecast.

In a statement, Allan Reid distanced himself and Juno organizers from jokes that have been criticized for sexualizing women.
    The comedian opened the show with a monologue that referenced young girls in the audience as a "felony waiting to happen."
    Peters also jokingly questioned why Heritage Minister Melanie Joly was handing out an award, but added that it didn't matter because "she's hot, so who cares?"
    Reid, who is also president of the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, said the Junos do not "in any way support, nor did we sanction, the off-script remarks."
    On Monday, Joly called the jokes inappropriate.
    Others weighed in through Twitter, including a user with the handle Raging--Fem who wrote: "Leave it to (Russell Peters) to remind young women that they can be victims of sexual assault at any time."
    While Peters did not respond to requests for comment, his Twitter account has "liked" tweets from other users who defended him. A "like" for a tweet usually is a sign of supporting that message.
    Among tweets liked by Peters' account was one from a user named LeafsOriginal6 who wrote: "Problem now in the world you say something no one likes and everyone wants your career to end."
    Added user HinaTweetsNow: "I actually thought his joke was pretty funny, because young women DO get assaulted at big events like (the) Junos. Comedy (with) truth is funny IMO (in my opinion)."
    For Junos organizers, Peters' jokes come amid broader pressure over gender diversity.

Off my meds again
    SJWs are the lowest form of life.