Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  14
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Barrett Jackson 2017

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    I was expecting considerably more, a shame when it's 100% hooked to a charity.
    Ya and most of the reserve cars didn't go past their set number.
    It seems lots of people had no issues spending 100-200K but after that it really dropped off compared to other years.
    Calm before the financial storm maybe?

Still cant wrap my head around the GT.
    Last year a heritage sold for around 500k with more miles.
    Seems the Heritage paint is worth 200k plus

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Event...EDITION-188705

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...EDITION-182333

That West coast customs / Bieber Ferrari was but ugly. Do those guys build anything nice or is it all rims body kits and stereo on celebrity status symbols. Seams their clientele is not real car guys.
    You could tell Bieber is not a car guy he just buys status symbols that fit his image.

Mayweather didn't really seem to interested in being there either. Kind of like ok I'm here sell my car so I can get out of here.

I'm a bigger fan of the true celeb car guys.
    Bill Goldberg
    Alice Cooper
    Sammy Hagar
    Jay Leno
    Tim Allen
    I'm sure I've missed a few regulars

Enjoy the auction every year, but this year I noticed that the crowd pleasers were down a bit. Steve Tyler was the only real spontaneous "wow" moment, Beebs was what it is and Mayweather was embarrassing.......his car was on point, but I don't think anyone wanted to own his car at the price he demands. Same with Kevin Durant's 2008 Maybach 57, went for only 80K, car was 400K new, that was a deal and a half.

after watching this for over 10 years, wondering what became of Spanky Assiter and his wife, also there is no Ron Pratt or Jim Hendrick in the front row. Not as many serial number 1's of anything. This year seemed a little less to me.

Still enjoyed it, but even the TV coverage was frustrating, the commercials seemed to be at the wrong time, causing us to miss key cars going across. I realized you can get the live feed on the Internet without interuptions ,next year I need to pipe that feed to a TV so I can still see the auction while they are playing a million commercials on velocity.

Tuesday and Sunday are the best days, real cars I can afford and some great deals. The only other deal to me was the 05 Silver Ford GT for ONLY 275, haven't seen any less than 300K now.

It blows my mind that a resto-mod vettes with LS motors pull well over 200K, incorrect details and ornaments, but true killer hot rod builds based on 34 Fords which details for days only get 70-80. People don't know how to spot quality IMO.

I knew I wasn't the only one that liked the SOLD girl, kinda hard not to when they keep panning her azz after every car it's just from looking at it so much you get interested.

Though the same thing on several cars I figured sold way too cheap. Yes seemed odd staples like Mr Hendrick n a bunch of others were not front and center.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Chick is sporting painted on leather today..........smokin hawt!!!
    Watching the Palm Beach auction...seems we lost the hawt chick !
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!