Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking at picking up a Mach

Off my meds again

Looking at picking up a Mach

I was looking at the American Autotrader, and found an '04 Mach 1 for a decent price. Has anyone ever bought a car privately from the States and had it imported? It's only in Michigan, so theoretically I could drive it back.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=408687095

TheMustangShow
    Make sure the Vendor has the Title on Hand to give to you after you provide the funds.
    Don't fall for "I'll send the Title later in the Mail" BS, if there is Lien and the car, insist on paying the Financial Institution what is owned and then pay the Seller any equity that is due to him and then get the Title directly from the Financial Institution. An American owner will not have the Title Certificate ON-Hand, unless they Own the car, if there is a loan or lease, the Title will be with the Note Holder and you won't get the car over the Border without it.

As long as you have the Title, you can then follow these instructions. https://www.canada.ca/en/services/tr...g-vehicle.html

Both my Stangs are American and have done a few Motorbikes too, just complete all the steps precisely and there will be no issues.

That said, this must be one hell of deal, the CDN Dollar is in the Toilet.

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMustangShow View Post
    Make sure the Vendor has the Title on Hand to give to you after you provide the funds.
    Don't fall for "I'll send the Title later in the Mail" BS, if there is Lien and the car, insist on paying the Financial Institution what is owned and then pay the Seller any equity that is due to him and then get the Title directly from the Financial Institution. An American owner will not have the Title Certificate ON-Hand, unless they Own the car, if there is a loan or lease, the Title will be with the Note Holder and you won't get the car over the Border without it.

As long as you have the Title, you can then follow these instructions. https://www.canada.ca/en/services/tr...g-vehicle.html

Both my Stangs are American and have done a few Motorbikes too, just complete all the steps precisely and there will be no issues.

That said, this must be one hell of deal, the CDN Dollar is in the Toilet.

Just under $12,600 with the exchange. I missed out on an '02 GT for $10k, so I'm kind of looking for something similar in the sub $15k range.

Mileage is too high for that price. 200 000+ km mach 1. Should be like 7k max canadian

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Great car n love the color but do agree price is too high for that mileage, yes even if it's xtra clean.
    If you do as JT outlined, bringing it back is a zero issue.

Off my meds again
    Good point on the mileage. There's an SVO in Shakespeare, that might be a better buy.

Once the weather breaks in the spring, you'll see more for sale locally. Best value is one in the 80 to 100 range, no longer brings absolute top dollar but if it's been looked after, one hell of a good buy. If you track the market on the higher priced ones with moderate miles, few if any ever sell. Not sure why, thought being a ltd build car they would have hung closer to the 03/04 Cobras as the cost was not far off new.

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Once the weather breaks in the spring, you'll see more for sale locally. Best value is one in the 80 to 100 range, no longer brings absolute top dollar but if it's been looked after, one hell of a good buy. If you track the market on the higher priced ones with moderate miles, few if any ever sell. Not sure why, thought being a ltd build car they would have hung closer to the 03/04 Cobras as the cost was not far off new.
    That's true. It's too bad I missed out on the '02. It was clean, tastefully mod'd with under 130,000k for $9,999.

Been some great deals on very cherry GT's out there as well. Patience n follow local adds daily n you'll find what your looking for.

Car is about $1000-$1500 USD to high to make it worth it. MustangShow has all excellent points in his post about the title/import process.

FWIW I have found imported to be easier and more straightforward at the Ambassador Bridge than other ports. They seem to see enough to have the process down
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate