Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Can I get schooled on 1/4 mile? Tire - Suspension Technique

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5.0 View Post
    stick with a 26" tall bias tire, you'll get quicker times and they're easier on the driveline when used on a stick car.
    Good point worth mentioning, on a radial tire, if they spin and get into tire shake...that's hard on parts. Axles, diffs, wheel studs...pretty much the entire driveline. A bias ply spins, that's pretty much it, slips until it grabs. Radial drag tires are amazing, but they can have drawbacks.

Monera3v
    Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Et street r is available in both radial and bias, the ones given as measurements are bias the ones shown as traditional tire sizing are the radial and same compound as the et street pro 275 tires.
    I didn't notice the 109 trap speed, was that in the heat? Seems low as I ran the same with 330ish HP. (Trap speed is about power independent from ET)

Go to the track with Ron he'll inspire the f*ck out of you and you will push the car into the 11s, super nice guy with a wicked car.
    With all the spinning I do in 1st. I lost a lot of speed.

As already stated, don't change anything except having your rear end built. It may surprise you what the car will do with a functioning rear end. Rebuilt my rear end about 6 yrs ago and took nearly 1 sec off my ET with nothing else changed. If you know the rearend isn't functioning correctly, don't throw money at anything else trying to solve problems. if you do hunt some rear tires down I wouold go with a MT ET street 26x11.5x17 if you already have 17" wheels. best tire I ever had before switching to a big and little setup with hoosiers.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Agreed with the above 15x10" rim 7.5 backspacing, 15x26" Bias ply slick (better for stick car) I do like the feel of MT drag radials on the big end. 3.73 or 4.10 (I like 4.10's). Get your tire pressure right. Mine Hoosier slicks like 11.5 psi. I had a ford racing 31 spline diff with the carbon Kevlar clutches and I wasn't that impressed. Clutch packs lasted a year and then one wheel peel. I put a Detroit truetrac in and maaaaaaannnn do I love it. Car drifts on demand and Hooks nails. Remove any extra weight from the car, lighten the nose if by moving the battery to the trunk. Every -100 lbs is worth about a 10th
    in the quarter

Will a 15" rim fit the brakes on a 05 GT without mods?

Monera3v
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtospare View Post
    Agreed with the above 15x10" rim 7.5 backspacing, 15x26" Bias ply slick (better for stick car) I do like the feel of MT drag radials on the big end. 3.73 or 4.10 (I like 4.10's). Get your tire pressure right. Mine Hoosier slicks like 11.5 psi. I had a ford racing 31 spline diff with the carbon Kevlar clutches and I wasn't that impressed. Clutch packs lasted a year and then one wheel peel. I put a Detroit truetrac in and maaaaaaannnn do I love it. Car drifts on demand and Hooks nails. Remove any extra weight from the car, lighten the nose if by moving the battery to the trunk. Every -100 lbs is worth about a 10th
    in the quarter

Will a 15" rim fit the brakes on a 05 GT without mods?

Yes sir, 15" will fit no problem
    06+ will have to grind the caliper.

Monera3v
    so Ive come to a conclusion.

Hoosier all around (y)
    26"
    3.73 gears
    Sve wheels

might even do runners mid way through tthe season if i feel comfortable =)

I've seen you post about feeling sway at the big end, running bias ply rear with wide radial fronts will accentuate that, get matching bias front from the get go. Also if you figure out your low mph out I'm thinking your going to run out of gear with that combo based off my own experience

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Monera3v
    Going to fix everything with 3.73 gears
    Adjust tire size after my first track day (y)

Quote Originally Posted by monera96 View Post
    so Ive come to a conclusion.

Hoosier all around (y)
    26"
    3.73 gears
    Sve wheels

might even do runners mid way through tthe season if i feel comfortable =)
    Are you going drag radial or slicks? If drag radial run a MT Et street R, they hook better than the hoosiers. Trust me I've run both. Slick run either, both work good but might want a stiff sidewall to get rid of the sway on the top end.

What is your goal ET with the car?