Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do next?

Do what you figure will make you the happiest each n every time you drive it.

I really don't need more HP, but I'd like more HP, as you all know HP is somewhat addictive (isn't that right Gary).

I'm kinda leaning towards the driveshaft and seat delete for this year. I'll probably end up doing both options but not both this year.

None of us need more H/P but there is no denying how much freakin fun it is.

Both are cool options, The seat delete and drive shaft option, you will see the seat delete every time you drive and if you think it looks cool, then its always nice to see. Everyone wants HP, but will you notice it giving all the traction issues you have with the power that is there now. Is there anything out there that can help you plant more of that power and is that an option you have considered ( I believe we are up to option 4 now ). I might consider finding a way to help plant the power before adding to it but I also have not researched your car very much so I could be out to lunch

I did the Roush UCA (anti-hop) and it works great. I did the LCA's too but I don't know if they helped much, but they didn't hurt. I went with the Roush parts because they have high durometer rubber bushings versus urethane or rod ends, somewhat of a compromise between the optimum for traction and additional NVH.

Next step for traction is tires, sticky and wider. I've been kinda looking for a set of rear wheels to have widened (I really like the 11/12 SVT PP wheels that came on the car).
    2011 Shelby GT500

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by KRS View Post
    I did the Roush UCA (anti-hop) and it works great. I did the LCA's too but I don't know if they helped much, but they didn't hurt. I went with the Roush parts because they have high durometer rubber bushings versus urethane or rod ends, somewhat of a compromise between the optimum for traction and additional NVH.

Next step for traction is tires, sticky and wider. I've been kinda looking for a set of rear wheels to have widened (I really like the 11/12 SVT PP wheels that came on the car).
    There is zero increased NVH from the Maximum Motorsports LCAs with Rod Ends, I run them with the Roush Upper that you have.

Ran the Stock Upper, Steeda, BMR and the Roush UCA is the best, it is very well engineered and tested piece.
    The only one better is this, the MultiMatic Made UCA from the Boss302S race car, but it's a Unicorn and is $1000.

What's the large bushing in that arm, molded urethane or solid with a spherical bearing?
    2011 Shelby GT500

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by KRS View Post
    What's the large bushing in that arm, molded urethane or solid with a spherical bearing?
    Spherical Bearing.

Apparently the rear seat delete kit is discontinued and the suppliers that still have inventory have jacked up the prices to around $1600 USD. Glad I bought mine when I did!
    "If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."

I spoke to Ford Performance and their supplier closed their doors, they are trying to source a new supplier.
    2011 Shelby GT500