Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Painting brake calipers.... whos done it and what did you use??

Roushcharged
    Thanks for all the input. The G2 similar to Duplicolor is a brush on application that results in a solid smooth finish. I'm going to ask the paint line manager at my place what he thinks about powder coating them for me..... We just installed a new $800,000 wash system....... maybe he needs some test parts to run through!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    I used VHT rattle can, but brushed it on. It flattened extremely well with no visible brush marks. I touch it up every couple years. Surprisingly, they have not discoloured at track days. Maybe I'm not going fast enough.....🤔

Attachment 7925

Attachment 7924
    Uncle Buck, my new to me 06Gt is the same colour! Seeing that pic gives me mod ideas lol.

^^ Best mod so far

IMG_1341.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    I picked up a set of takeoff brembos and want to powder coat them white, the powder coat place I used for my valve covers sucked, do you know of anywhere I can send them that will disassemble powder coat and re assemble with new seals etc?
    http://www.johnstuartpowerbrake.com/...-Calipers.page

I've had calipers rebuilt here, good prices and fast turn around. I assume they powder coat.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

I painted mine with the G2 brush on, 7 years later and after turning two sets of rotors blue from heat they are holding up very good, faded/stained a little so plan is change the color and redo this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Roushcharged
    Looks like G2 is what I'll be going with. Spoke to the paint line manager, because brake fluid has silicone in it he won't run it through our paint line.

Aside from powder coating, G2 Caliper Paint is the way to go for sure.
    I've tried the spray on, Duplicolor paint on and it just didn't stick; It had to be refreshed every year or two. According to feedback and reviews, G2 has some insane durability and won't require touchups and what not as long as you apply it per the instructions.

Yeah exactly, clean and prep is the major key. I spent probably 6 hours cleaning and preping calipers to do 45min of painting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

The secret is to use a heat gun in between coats, and doing lots of coats.

DaSilva painted my current 2015, but they have not held up at all. Less then six month. When they did my 2014 it held up a lot longer
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride - H-Pipe
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)

Even with meticulous prep Duplicolor only lasted one season on the rear and peeled off. G2 seems to be holding up well. Garage16 is the only location I know of were G2 can be purchased.

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!