Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2

Thread: 2006 Ford Mustang GT or Newer

smh66

2006 Ford Mustang GT or Newer

Hey guys,

To start off it’s great to be on this forum and it’s going to be good talking to all you guys, also I had no idea where to post this so if it is in the wrong area let me know and I will move it.

I have a 1995 mustang gt convertible. Now I want to change it. I have been looking online for a 2006 Ford Mustang GT for sale and there are many to choose from but I don’t know what I am looking at to be honest. What I need to know is a rough price range I should be going for, and then any tips and tricks that will help along the refurbishment.

musta.jpg

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks guys.

Monera3v
    I would suggest 2008+ only because the engine was designed a tad better
    Below 2008+ you would have to fight with breaking spark plugs in the head.

The water leaks were all fix in the 07 and up! Even thought they were a few cases were water still got in from a clogged drainage in the cowl.
    When you do purchase, verify if all electronic features work as our cars did have a bit of a Smart junction box issue where if it got soaked, the car would act very odd.

Lastly, 2008 GT between 11 and 13,000 these days (premium with shaker 1000 system)

Quote Originally Posted by smh66 View Post
    What I need to know is a rough price range I should be going for
    USD or CAD?
    -Don____________

Theres some good advise above although I own an 06 and have not experienced any of the issues mentioned to be fixed in later models.

It's important to answer a bunch of question before you can narrow in what car is right for you and what you should expect to pay for it.

Do you;
    want a simple clean stock car?
    intend to mod it?
    daily drive it?
    track it?
    show it?

The prices can range wildly from a tired daily driver with rust starting all the way up to a highly modded low mileage garage queen.

Give it some thought and then post back what you want from the car. Opinions are plenty in this group although pricing in Canada will not be a good reference in Cali.

paul_t
    i'll piggy back on this thread.
    I'm looking for a 05+ gt. Hopefully a vert.

Iv seen them go for.
    8k >150,000km
    to
    17k <60,000km

I can't seem to find too many verts. Its hard for me to gauge what a fair price is.

I'd like to second what Monera said. Look into 2008+.
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

Grebnitty
    I know this is an older thread but I just wanted to throw this out there in case you were still looking. I owned a 2005 GT for 9 years, I had it brand new. I put on 181 000 km on it before I sold it. I got $9500 for it. It was never winter driven and was in very good condition. Over the course of owning it , I ran into zero problems with it. I still had the original clutch on it. Never had the spark plug issue, and I'm pretty sure I changed them twice over the course of owning. To be honest , it is still the best car I have ever owned. My 2011 Gt had more problems and it only had 56k on it when I bought it. Maybe I was lucky , but that car was so awesome and made me the Mustang fan I am today.

Totalpkg
    When I was looking for my Shelby I googled and did research on the best year to get. For me the 2011-2012's with the track pack were highly recommended. I looked in the US and all across Canada and was ready to settle on an 2007, but got a great deal on a 2011. I hear the Coyote motors make big power with boost. I wouldn't know which is the best year Mustang S197, but I'd try a Google search for that...

For what it's worth, my 2006 GT has been a great car. No complaints at all with it.