Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Birds of a feather flock together?

Cool Birds of a feather flock together?

WOODSTOCK, Ont. -- Trying to do a friend a kindness didn't quite go as planned for a Woodstock, Ont., man.
    Early Sunday morning local police pulled over a 35-year-old man at a traffic stop and ended up suspending his license for three days after a breathalyzer test indicated he'd been drinking.
    The man had a passenger with him, but police say he couldn't take over driving duties because his license had been suspended due to unpaid fines.
    So the two stranded men then decided to call a buddy to come and get them.
    The obliging friend arrived just minutes later, but when police ran a check on the 33-year-old man they learned that his driver's license was also under suspension because of unpaid fines.
    The man is now scheduled to appear in traffic court on April 6, and police note the minimum fine for driving with a suspended license is $1,000.

Off my meds again
    Woodstock... Enough said.

LMFAO.... Can't fix stupid...lol

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

It's funny, but on a serious side: that's what these fines and suspensions do. It doesn't get these drivers off the road. They are still on the road, they are just now driving illegally.
    -Don____________

^Agreed, but there's not much else that can be done, at least it's something. I've always thought we need much tougher penalties for drinking and driving, yet it seems the penalties get lower and lower instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    ^Agreed, but there's not much else that can be done, at least it's something.
    You can take their damn car away, but as soon as you suggest that everybody get up in arms.
    -Don____________

Sure Don, but how? I'm all for keeping drunks off the road but it may not be their car, they may need to have someone drive them to work in it, they may be living in it, etc......it will never fly, unfortunately.

Would be a great new law proposal though, people would certainly think twice about driving drunk, and others would think twice about lending out their car. I'd be all for it.