Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I lost faith in TD bank

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Its surprising to me. I knew rogers was bad but I expected banks that alreafy make trillions to have some decency

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Wells Fargo.....
    Unless their staff have 0 sales goals or bonus incentives, I can't see it being wildly different

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    I expected banks that alreafy make trillions to have some decency
    Please consider the conflicting sentiments of this statement
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Unless their staff have 0 sales goals or bonus incentives, I can't see it being wildly different
    Wells Fargo has been in the news every day for the past 4-5 months because of this exact behaviour. The instructions came from the CEO down through the organization. They've been hammered in the stock market and have been called to Washington to testify.

I always wait till about 2am to active my Visa Cards, then call in and it's all automated, so nobody trying to sell you anything, if I called during more regular hours it was "this will take a bit to activate, let me tell you about something while I'm pretending to wait"

Call after hours...no issues lol

least in my experience

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    I always wait till about 2am to active my Visa Cards, then call in and it's all automated, so nobody trying to sell you anything, if I called during more regular hours it was "this will take a bit to activate, let me tell you about something while I'm pretending to wait"

Call after hours...no issues lol

least in my experience
    I have to try this next time when it expires.

When I called to activate mine it was such a pain. I was polite at the beginning but it went on for 15 mins and would have gone on for longer ( the lady just wouldn't accept " no thank you" till I finally said " you know what, actually I was thinking it over don't activate that card instead cancel it I don't want it"
    This was with Royal Bank.

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

stangstevers
    "TORONTO — TD Bank CEO Bharat Masrani was given a 10 per cent pay bump in 2015, a year when the bank laid off staff as part of a company-wide effort to trim costs. The bank issued its management proxy circular on Tuesday, showing that Masrani was paid $9 million in total compensation."

We need a lot more "we are 99%" riots, it's getting ridiculous. I'm all for capitalism but, it's now setup that the ultra-rich make more money for creating more poor people.

WTF
    only time TD tried to push something on me was about 1.5 years ago.....only reason I was at the counter was because the bank machine was outta service....so I had to deposit a cheque and wanted a few hundred cash

dude said - "sir...congratulations...I've been notified here that you've qualified for a $30,000 line of credit!"

I stared at him for about 5 seconds just eyeballing him....then I said - "I gotta pay that back right?"

his response was - "soo....just the deposit and the $200 cash correct?"

never been bothered since

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    only time TD tried to push something on me was about 1.5 years ago.....only reason I was at the counter was because the bank machine was outta service....so I had to deposit a cheque and wanted a few hundred cash

dude said - "sir...congratulations...I've been notified here that you've qualified for a $30,000 line of credit!"

I stared at him for about 5 seconds just eyeballing him....then I said - "I gotta pay that back right?"

his response was - "soo....just the deposit and the $200 cash correct?"

never been bothered since
    I would have taken it if its a free line of credit. Good for emergency funds. So long as it doest make a hit on your credit rating and make sure its preapproved

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    I would have taken it if its a free line of credit. Good for emergency funds. So long as it doest make a hit on your credit rating and make sure its preapproved
    I'm a bit old school in my thinking I guess

if I want something....I save for it....then I buy it.....I might use my credit card to buy it, but I kill the balance when the bill comes in

I have emergency funds...the bank dude woulda known that

I don't give a flying fuck what my credit rating is cause I own every nut, bolt, brick, board and shingle that I possess

the day I go into the bank to borrow money may be slim and none....but if and when I do....I gotta feeling that it won't be too difficult

Usually offered some sort of service I don't want when I see a teller at TD, but never been pressured or felt it was excessive. Been a happy TD customer for 15 years or so.

Sounds like some TD branches may have taken it too far, but it affects employees more than customers. I'm more ticked about 5 cents for bags still.